The Titan Stratagem

Sorry to interupt for a stupid question, but what is sampling exactly? Never dug much onto thargoid stuff yet as a recent player, but I'm curious about every aspects no matter what.
Thargoid tissue sampling using research limpets either with a research limpet controller or corresponding multi-limpet(xeno or universal). You can find an overview/guide here on a more 'effective' method than just picking any old Thargoid ship.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-guide-to-reclaiming-thargoid-systems.617612/

I don't do it myself. It is kind of boring and Frontier really should make combat viable (again) instead of this being the state of matters. It's not like they've had over a year to do it since adding AXCZs while increasing control strength tenfold, which in no way compensated for the increase in difficulty.

Sorry to interupt for a stupid question, but what is sampling exactly? Never dug much onto thargoid stuff yet as a recent player, but I'm curious about every aspects no matter what.

Having seen the effect a Titan decal and ship kit has had perhaps a Sampling decal and science ship kit may be the way for FDev to most effectively direct independent Cmdrs. That becomes less of a joke the more I think about it, unfortunately.

Its a shame that for so many of the more casual Cmdrs Reddit, the forum and links to Discord groups from other Cmdrs is far more informative than the in-game War Information panel/screens. As someone who has missed much of the war due to r/l responsibilities I’d be completely lost without scouring back through pages of threads like this and many others.

It seems quite a few thousands of commanders are busy around the titans these days. So I still have hope that Fdevs will make a balance patch, which would allow everyone to enjoy even more with this amazing story they've created for us.

Thargoid tissue sampling using research limpets either with a research limpet controller or corresponding multi-limpet(xeno or universal). You can find an overview/guide here on a more 'effective' method than just picking any old Thargoid ship.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-guide-to-reclaiming-thargoid-systems.617612/

I don't do it myself. It is kind of boring and Frontier really should make combat viable (again) instead of this being the state of matters. It's not like they've had over a year to do it since adding AXCZs while increasing control strength tenfold, which in no way compensated for the increase in difficulty.
Thank you guys!(y)

1710014798285.png

Leigong is now ready for next week. Hearts should be easier to attack (like Taranis) from the Thursday restart and will probably be finished on Friday - Saturday latest, so be prepared. Probable explosion on Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone wanting to help prepare Oya - which will be next - join the fun over on https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-invasion-next-target-systems.612125/

We're going to clean up the remaining systems at Taranis too, right? Because they'll be easier, because there's no Titan, so the distance to maelstrom is irrelevant? Because that's a logical thing that should happen, right?

Its a shame that for so many of the more casual Cmdrs Reddit, the forum and links to Discord groups from other Cmdrs is far more informative than the in-game War Information panel/screens. As someone who has missed much of the war due to r/l responsibilities I’d be completely lost without scouring back through pages of threads like this and many others.
Well, a lot of reddit players have weird claims, like "tutorial teach nothing, even not showing how to use fsd".
At this point I'm not sure, if this is real lack of informations in game, or people are used to external data so much, that they could ignore everything, even giant "GO HERE!!" marker on galmap, impossible to turn off 🤷‍♂️

We're going to clean up the remaining systems at Taranis too, right? Because they'll be easier, because there's no Titan, so the distance to maelstrom is irrelevant? Because that's a logical thing that should happen, right?
The only thing which changed so far is that they don’t appear to get a weekly reinforcement. Which means the Thargoid bulwark that is Swahku remains with as many Thargoid ships as it did before people turned Taranis into a miniature sun.

It seems Frontier got fed up waiting for players to figure it out for themselves.
If there's one thing that's very evident on this forum, it's that people are hellbent on figuring stuff that is not there.

On the othe hand, a developer that spends time and resources to add a feature, does not just add it without telling anything, in the hope that someone will figure it in the years coming.
There comes a point where they nudge and point in the right direction.
In this case, sooner rather than later. 🤭

The community did figure it out for themselves. Frontier just failed to notice. Seriously, if you haven't been involved in the community effort to "figure it out" and coordinate attacks on the titans, who deciphered the alert algorithm to improve targeting to minimize alerts, who peeled the Thargoids back from 1186 systems to just 288, who stripped every control from around Taranis and Leigong before Frontier changed the rules to stop it, who were already on pace to do exactly what this post accused the community of not doing (i.e. re-clearing the controls from around Leigong), maybe sit this one out before suggesting that it's the community, rather than Frontier, that hasn't been able to keep on top of how things work.

Or better yet, strap on some research limpets and go clear a system, and maybe in the depths of the mind-numbing boredom that the developers made the only way to meaningfully retake control systems, you'll understand how deeply ignorant these comments are.

Well you know there is all the discussion going on elsethread about the Python mk2 and other mk2 ships coming this year and that there is this impenetrable place where Taranis went boom.
Maybe when the corrosive fog clears a shiny new Titan mk2 will be there.

The irony of that is epic!
That's what makes it interesting, not that it is the plot twist I expect Frontier to be pulling (rather than a kind of but not really functional Titan feeling sorry for itself, just to hammer in that even a weapon as unconventional as those nanite torpedoes isn't quite perfect... and that us always choosing to hit things with a hammer isn't actually always a good solution).

But we'll see. Hoping that the unveiling of the wreck (or whatever is there) only happens toward the end of the month though so I can tick off those out-of-Bubble plans without feeling rushed about them. Far out of Bubble, not Guardian sites out of Bubble, else it wouldn't be much of a concern.

• Years of searching (within sane limits)
  • Frontier's recent MO of hinting slightly more obviously at certain mechanics
  • Frontier leaving too many loose ends to sanely search them all (like for example I could try to lure Orthrus interceptors to scan new systems but it's just one of many many possible configurations and, if it requires numerous repetitions, would require an unreasonable solo time investment given how few people want pro-goid stuff
  • (I'm tired of being subtle about this one) I spoke with Tom Kewell a few years ago on Linkedin and he said that the Thargoid reputation meter exists because, game code wise, all entities must belong to a faction. The original thargoid rep stuff were bugs, during a time where FDev were still measuring player response to the Thargoids and that at the time of the messages, there was absolutely no way to influence the rep. He said that the only way to bring about change is to convince enough people to show interest in pro-thargoid stuff and Frontier may create content in response.
And to that last sentence I do believe (and I could be wrong here) that once the flowers of death were introduced, we were told that "How they react to us will be determined by how we react to them." The initial suggestion from a number of players to that statement was "Don't shoot at them."

Naturally, that suggestion went right into the trash bin. What followed of course was lots and lots of war, along with the ensuing death and destruction of lots of stuff. And a couple of Titans showing up for a year and a half of fun.

I will be honest, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if no one had taken a single shot at them.

Maybe, when the guardian AI shows up, whichever player encounters them first could probably try this experiment: don't shoot at it first.

For science, and all that. 🤓😏

Top Bottom