The Type-8

Probably Lomonosov University in Moscow 😂
KtH81TU.png

O7

Seems like the designer of the Type 8 was a big fan of EVE Online..

The Type 8 is literally the O.R.E Venture from EVE Online, any Capsuleer's entry point intio EVE's Industry career path.
Just the two arms are reversed to be above where the cockpit would be located.
venture-ship.jpg

Seems like the designer of the Type 8 was a big fan of EVE Online..

The Type 8 is literally the O.R.E Venture from EVE Online, any Capsuleer's entry point intio EVE's Industry career path.
Just the two arms are reversed to be above where the cockpit would be located.View attachment 395256

I like to think they leave us 'til last and sometimes for just 10 minutes 'cos they appreciate us. 😛
I remember in the penultimate video, at the last second the presenter threw that word - t8 :)

Here's an interesting one. If by chance it turns out (just a theory) that more people buy T8 than PythonMk2. This will give the developers the idea that in Elite is not only War ?

If by chance it turns out (just a theory) that more people buy T8 than PythonMk2. This will give the developers the idea that in Elite is not only War ?
Given that they already implemented many other career types, I guess they already have a rough idea of that?

I remember in the penultimate video, at the last second the presenter threw that word - t8 :)

Here's an interesting one. If by chance it turns out (just a theory) that more people buy T8 than PythonMk2. This will give the developers the idea that in Elite is not only War ?
That's a good point. I decided I don't want a Python 2 because I already have an FdL and I didn't think it would offer anything really different. I don't do much combat apart from pirate lords and AX.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past FD to make the T8 a combat ship too...

No I think that was the B2 Spirit the stealth bomber which does use a curved approach to reducing its radar signature.

The F117 was in a really silly film where they are using one to sneak people onto a hijacked plane in flight.

The movies were some years after the planes went public.
You are correct on all points. Also, the movie referenced - where a stealth plane is used to board a hijacked plane in midair - is called "Executive Decision." I remembered seeing it on tv a few years after it came out and finding it a very amusing action film. Couldn't remember the name so I did a Google search and found the title. :)

The RAF was invited to test the F-117 in the mid eighties so for some it was not such a shock. Its also worth noting the faceted approach was not unique to the US- Germany had worked on the MBB Lampyridae in the eighties too (although it was never taken further)

View attachment 395185
Oh, I'm not saying no one knew. But they managed to keep it secret enough, that only some in various allied armed forces knew about it and no one in the public did (or they were kept silent). This is particularly noteworthy considering how good of a job Tom Clancy did in "Hunt for the Red October" by only interviewing various military personnel and reviewing publications; the Reagan (not a fan) administration was concerned Clancy had gained access to classified intel. But all his sources turned out to be legit and non-classified.

But Tom Clancy was completely fooled by the F-19 and clearly knew nothing about the F-117.

And for the record - I'm neither a Tom Clancy fan nor a detractor. Just putting that information out there. I also love how Hunt for the Red October (book and movie) accurately (as much we in the public an tell) depicts modern naval warfare. It's a travesty that every thing since (with rare exception) sticks to the WWII model of naval/aerial combat.

Oh, I'm not saying no one knew. But they managed to keep it secret enough, that only some in various allied armed forces knew about it and no one in the public did (or they were kept silent). This is particularly noteworthy considering how good of a job Tom Clancy did in "Hunt for the Red October" by only interviewing various military personnel and reviewing publications; the Reagan (not a fan) administration was concerned Clancy had gained access to classified intel. But all his sources turned out to be legit and non-classified.

But Tom Clancy was completely fooled by the F-19 and clearly knew nothing about the F-117.

And for the record - I'm neither a Tom Clancy fan nor a detractor. Just putting that information out there. I also love how Hunt for the Red October (book and movie) accurately (as much we in the public an tell) depicts modern naval warfare. It's a travesty that every thing since (with rare exception) sticks to the WWII model of naval/aerial combat.
From what I remember the first photos of the F117 released (in 1988) were perspective altered and grainy after a couple crashed and they could not deny it any longer. Not bad given the testbed flew in 1977- so over 10 years of secrecy (and a lot of money :D )

From what I remember the first photos of the F117 released (in 1988) were perspective altered and grainy after a couple crashed and they could not deny it any longer. Not bad given the testbed flew in 1977- so over 10 years of secrecy (and a lot of money :D )
I remember that towards the end of the time the US were still denying the existence of the F117, there was an Airfix kit of it available in UK shops. I believe it later turned out to be inaccurate in details but the general shape was right. I was working in radar, so followed all this with some interest.

Hi All :)

...... there was an Airfix kit of it available in UK shops. I believe it later turned out to be inaccurate in details but the general shape was right. I was working in radar, so followed all this with some interest.
Ah, Airfix Kits....now thinking of these it does take me back to my youth!
Lets see....round about the 1960's there were many WW2 aircraft kits, and I used to buy one about every other week with my pocket money. They were relatively cheap back then, and there were also many different designs as well.
Casting my mind back I, and others suggested I think on the forum, Frontier should team up with Airfix and produce some kits of the Elite space ships. I wonder what the reaction would be if on the Frontier store kits of the cobra MK3 or possibly Anaconda or Python were for sale. Not sure of the scale they would be I/72nd or sommat.maybe. :cool:....:D

Jack :)

Lets see....round about the 1960's there were many WW2 aircraft kits, and I used to buy one about every other week with my pocket money. They were relatively cheap back then, and there were also many different designs as well.
Casting my mind back I, and others suggested I think on the forum, Frontier should team up with Airfix and produce some kits of the Elite space ships. I wonder what the reaction would be if on the Frontier store kits of the cobra MK3 or possibly Anaconda or Python were for sale. Not sure of the scale they would be I/72nd or sommat.maybe. :cool:....:D

I was an avid reader of Biggles and built all the WW1 aircraft. :)

Frontier should team up with Airfix and produce some kits of the Elite space ships.
I'd buy that! Cobra, Phantom and Chieftain would be in my wishlist/shopping cart as soon as possible😛 Been decades since I built a kit model—as a kid they were really popular here on the other side of the Iron Curtain, along with die-cast car models. I mostly built yachts (Tornado and Soling were the most common kits) but also some planes (I can clearly remember a Fokker biplane, F6F and Typhoon). I was crap at painting them, though🤪

Couldn't find any pics of the actual model, so here's a postmark:
postage-stamp-soviet-union-cccp-sailingboat-soling-class-post-stamp-printed-soviet-union-cccp-...jpg

The expensive part of that is the mould which costs quite a bit. I know when GW makes moulds they have to get some idea of the market size before committing to plastic or (I think they use resin for the short run models now, it used to be pewter).

Asp.jpg

Top Bottom