Thieving passangers

Ok please someone answer me this how do i stop getting scanned by police when entering a station. I just lost 40 mil cr in passangers because of this.

Frontier how can i be blamed by the passangers for being scanned by the authorities who just do what they want?

I know s'crazy,right?On the upside,delivered my first stowayay safely to my next destination which happened to be the very (burning) station she'd been so anxious to leave 15 minutes before.

No... Silent running AND Speed! Drop out of SC, line up, boost, boost, boost, engage SR... disengage when <1000m, very quickly request docking permission... land at full speed with no shields. Simple.

Just wait until you see what they did to the restrooms.

Not helpful Commander.

Heatsinks work (drop one as soon as you are informed that you are being scanned). Though I prefer to simply go fast enough to avoid the scans. :)

Thanks Commander will try this !

No... Silent running AND Speed! Drop out of SC, line up, boost, boost, boost, engage SR... disengage when <1000m, very quickly request docking permission... land at full speed with no shields. Simple.

In a imperial cutter with auto dock

These suggestions are very helpful. Another thing to add to it is rep. If you are allied with the station, they will scan you less often. You still want to take precautions.

Frontier how can i be blamed by the passangers for being scanned by the authorities who just do what they want?

Because they were probably criminal passengers and as such don't like being scanned. It says it when you book a passenger - doesn't like being scanned.

So either learn how to sneak into a station or check passenger is criminal BEFORE agreeing - and if they are, look to see whether they want to go to a large station or not. The circular stations tend to have more police.

Maybe you were stacking passenger missions?

In a imperial cutter, big ship !

So what if it's a big ship? Fly it accordingly or stick to smaller ships. Many of us smuggle in large ships, in the video below I was still able to dock successfully, despite being detected. In the T9 I don't even have the luxury of speed, in the Cutter it is easier, autodock also means you can be sloppy as hell, then throttle back after the slot, ship does all the work for you.

[video=youtube;kmxHmmr5p8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmxHmmr5p8U&list=UUXm79fS4PrZYTT_SxqSI7zQ&index=14[/video]

Imperial Cutter with docking computer...errrr....and trasporting criminals?

Not sure why people are going on about the docking computer, it is the perfect tool for a smuggler. I fly manually for the fun of it, the DC would be a better option, the thing is you must throttle back and engage the DC once you have boosted through the slot, the DC will rapidly decelerate the ship.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are going on about the docking computer, it is the perfect tool for a smuggler. I fly manually for the fun of it, the DC would be a better option, the thing is you must throttle back and engage the DC once you have boosted through the slot.

sure, you fly in manúally use it to dock only

OP uses it to pass the mailslot without getting stuck,
a bit a diffrence i would say especially if we talk about smuggling

sure, you fly in manúally use it to dock only

OP uses it to pass the mailslot without getting stuck,
a bit a diffrence i would say especially if we talk about smuggling

Stating the obvious here, but if I couldn't fly a Cutter, I'd downgrade. Why would anyone smuggle in a Cutter if they can't even get the ship through the slot? Thought this thread was about avoiding scans, no fast tracking into a ship you can't fly. Using the DC for high speed passes through the slot will end badly, has to be manually flown.

Hello CMDR.

A few things about passenger missions that aren’t so plainly laid out when browsing through the mission list.

There are a few different types of passenger missions. The first is bulk passenger missions, which is represented by a plain icon of a briefcase to the left side of the mission listing. The title will say something along the lines of “Transport 9 aid workers.” These passengers are very low risk and do not care if you are scanned.

The second type is rich tourists, and these are what gives everyone headaches. The icon is a briefcase with a crown over it, and the mission title will say something like “Transport Sweaty McBeef and his 4 rich friends.” If the description says that this passenger does not like being scanned, that means you need to be ready with Silent Running and some heat sinks. BE WARNED, regardless of caring about being scanned, a passenger can still be Wanted but the mission description will not tell you this. The only way to find out (as far as I know) is to accept the mission, then view it in your Transactions tab. Wanted passenger missions will be flagged red, and if system authorities scan you, they will open fire and deny you docking access!

Lastly, keep that docking computer powered down if you are transporting shady people. It is not compatible with Silent Running. I learned this the hard way.

In a imperial cutter with auto dock

If you want to run "Wanted" or "I don't like being scanned" passenger mission and still fly a large pad, luxurious ship, try an Orca. It is fast AND maneuverable and will get you through the slot quickly so you can engage the DC to find your pad (I do this because it's just plain more efficient than me finding it). It also has a slimmer beam than the Cutter and tends to be more forgiving when slipping through the slot at high speed if you botch your approach a bit.

The Cutter is a slug and not well suited for smuggling runs unless you use the Force and become one with your ship. It's not the most responsive ship as you know.

Top Bottom