Thieving passangers

I understand that the cosmetic condition of your ship has an effect on the likelihood of getting scanned too.

After a long-haul passenger mission you're more likely to be scanned at your destination than at your origin simply 'cos your paint has been eroded during the journey.

Always line up the station while in SC.
If you've got a docking computer, don't throttle to zero until you're through the mailslot.
Engage silent-running if you get scanned.
Fit a heat-sink launcher and deploy one if silent-running causes your ship to overheat quickly.
Always repair your paint whenever you can.

In a imperial cutter, big ship !

Use heatsinks then. Just fire one everytime you get a "Scan detected." You may need to put more than one bank on your Cutter.

I use an Orca for passenger missions - which mainly relies on speed to avoid the scans. However, when that has failed (e.g. planetary landings), heat sinks saved the day.

If you can risk losing your shields, silent running is more effective. However, heat sinks will do in a pinch.

If you want to run "Wanted" or "I don't like being scanned" passenger mission and still fly a large pad, luxurious ship, try an Orca. It is fast AND maneuverable and will get you through the slot quickly so you can engage the DC to find your pad (I do this because it's just plain more efficient than me finding it). It also has a slimmer beam than the Cutter and tends to be more forgiving when slipping through the slot at high speed if you botch your approach a bit.

So much this. My Orca can boost to 593, and I've gone through the mailslot at the speed, and reduced to full stop in under 2 seconds. That ship can accelerate/stop insanely quick. The narrow profile also gives you plenty of room to maneuver in the mail slot.

I just loathe planetary landings. Then I have to rely on the heatsinks. Gravity + speed = crash (for me).

I just loathe planetary landings. Then I have to rely on the heatsinks. Gravity + speed = crash (for me).

Yeah I just wont take a "no scan" mission if a planetary base landing is involved in the mission or my mission queue. I've lost that battle too many times to hassle with it anymore.

I love the Orca though. It's fast, quick and flies beautifully.

I know s'crazy,right?On the upside,delivered my first stowayay safely to my next destination which happened to be the very (burning) station she'd been so anxious to leave 15 minutes before.

As much as that is evil, I like your style.

Not going to ever happen with a docking computer. You're going to have to do it quickly, delicately, and manually.

Not true. If you line up just right, boost, and then chop your throttle just when another boost becomes available - The DC will take over, make another boost, and fly you right through the slot at crazy fast speeds. I can line it up so the DC will hit about 210m/s through the slot in a T7 just for laughs. The DC even usually flies right past the pad and has to back up quite a bit unless the pad is in the very back row of the station! Its worth a few laughs when you line it all up correctly...

BE WARNED, regardless of caring about being scanned, a passenger can still be Wanted but the mission description will not tell you this. The only way to find out (as far as I know) is to accept the mission, then view it in your Transactions tab.

Is this true? In my experience, Wanted passengers have always been described as such in the mission brief.

To the OP: To be honest, Wanted individuals are more trouble than they’re worth when ferrying a large number of passengers in a big ship like this. They might tempt you with a couple of extra million over the average payout, but you stand to lose the lot if you’re attacked.

If you’re allied with the locals you are less likely to be scanned, but it’s no guarantee. As others have said, speed and/or silent running are the way go, but you’ll need to be pretty adept to do this consistently in the most unwieldy ship in the game. No offence, but it sounds as though you may have “fast-tracked” your way to the Cutter, so a bit of practice may be in order [smile].

My advice would be to avoid Wanted passengers for the time being and opt for “secretive” passengers instead. This way, you can learn how to avoid scans consistently without the risk of being attacked. Just take 1 or 2 secretive passenger missions on each trip to limit the financial damage if things go wrong. Once you’re confident with your technique, you can start ferrying Wanted passengers, but personally I wouldn’t bother (if your principle aim is to earn credits, that is).

Last edited:
Hello Commanders !

I have tried all of your suggestions and the best one is the deployment of heat sink upon being scanned, worked a treat even using auto dock !

Thankyou Cmdr Crank Larson for his truely brilliant suggestion !

These suggestions are very helpful. Another thing to add to it is rep. If you are allied with the station, they will scan you less often. You still want to take precautions.

you can have a docking computer. line it up outside staying close to the request distance 7.5k. go in about 75% throttle. they'll complain but it's ok. don't ever drop your speed to zero while outside or computer will kick in.. as soon as you get inside drop your speed to zero and docking computer kicks in and finishes the landing even if you overshoot a bit. but silent running works well without all the hub bub.

Not going to ever happen with a docking computer. You're going to have to do it quickly, delicately, and manually.

you can have a docking computer. line it up outside staying close to the request distance 7.5k. go in about 75% throttle. they'll complain but it's ok. don't ever drop your speed to zero while outside or computer will kick in.. as soon as you get inside drop your speed to zero and docking computer kicks in and finishes the landing even if you overshoot a bit. but silent running works well without all the hub bub.

If you do that you run the risk of the DC deciding to abort the landing and loop around for another go.

If you're capable of lining a ship up so that the DC will definitely take you through the mailslot smoothly, you're probably capable of flying through the mailsot yourself instead, and doing it at higher speed.

I still use a DC on a few of my ships, for the convenience, but I'd never rely on it to land me if I was smuggling or wanted.

Meh, the Auto-dock only kicks in when you reduce your speed to zero.

So, you can boost in manually, once your through the mail slot - any and all scanning ceases - so you drop your speed to zero and let it auto-dock from there.

And the Cutter is easier to ram through the mail slot than an Anaconda or Corvette, because the cockpit is pretty close to the vertical center, rather than the other two requiring you to nearly scrape the top of the slot with your head, to avoid hitching at the bottom.

Ok please someone answer me this how do i stop getting scanned by police when entering a station. I just lost 40 mil cr in passangers because of this.

Frontier how can i be blamed by the passangers for being scanned by the authorities who just do what they want?

How'd you loose 40 million on one set of missions. I thought that kind of loss and profit potential has been nerfed before the last beta.

How'd you loose 40 million on one set of missions. I thought that kind of loss and profit potential has been nerfed before the last beta.

There's still plenty of long-haul VIP passenger missions which pay big bucks.

Trouble is, you get needy passengers who pester you to buy them booze and clothes, moan about being scanned, decide they want to go to a different destination.... or turn out to be criminals.

Ok please someone answer me this how do i stop getting scanned by police when entering a station. I just lost 40 mil cr in passangers because of this.

Frontier how can i be blamed by the passangers for being scanned by the authorities who just do what they want?

5 military passengers got a free ride from me after a Wanted Anaconda interdicted me for goods I was carrying [haha]

Bounty I got for killing bad conda didn't cover half the reward for the passenger mission :(

this still works as well turn everything off and drift into the dock port.

[video=youtube;KbaLJTGHkj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaLJTGHkj8[/video]

Top Bottom