This is what it costs to transfer ships to Colonia

Ridiculous prices. If you're paying that much for ship transfer, you're paying too much.

You could almost buy two kitted-out versions of every one of those ships for those prices.

Seems perfectly balanced and pretty reasonable to me.

You're just being sarcastic like usual, right? Right?

FD Exremities in action. They cant see to strike a sensible balance for months and things like this have to swing wildly from one end to another before they become sensible. On the plus side they will probably reduce to a couple of thousand credits in a couple of weeks / months

I tend to agree with this. Historically, FD are very good at "balancing" by going form one polar opposite to the other, and never anything in between.

Z...

I tend to agree with this. Historically, FD are very good at "balancing" by going form one polar opposite to the other, and never anything in between.

Z...

Balancing it for colonia would break the bubble as they're using a simple formula. It'd cost like 40k credits to move a conda across the bubble if colonia prices were reasonable... though if they were smart they'd leave the formula as is but introduce a hard cap. Meaning a conda can't cost more than 10mil or 100mil or whatever you think is balanced.

Balancing it for colonia would break the bubble as they're using a simple formula. It'd cost like 40k credits to move a conda across the bubble if colonia prices were reasonable... though if they were smart they'd leave the formula as is but introduce a hard cap. Meaning a conda can't cost more than 10mil or 100mil or whatever you think is balanced.

I think it would fit with the story narrative for "Intergalactic logistics [to] announce Colonia ship transfer costs to be reduced by 50% to encourage growth and expansion"

It wouldn't help me, obviously :(

Last edited:

Any formula can be adjusted to form a curve with relative ease. I don't think that's a problem here. Just look at how rare commodities work.

Last edited:
Wow... if i ever move out there, i think i'll just transfer the ones with poor jump range, and move the rest manually. I am not rich enough to transfer all.

Fortunately, most can be quickly reconfigured to make the journey themselves with decent jump range. Just the battle beluga will probably have to be transferred (10Ly jump range :D).

I'm now curious what it would cost to transport ships to Beagle Point.

Well, of course that was the original plan wasn't it. Colonia won't be the last bubble. I think that within a year we'll see another appear, probably out to the opposite edge of the galaxy to Beagle Point, as it might aid the narrative with the Thargoid story :)

So you spent a total of 2,945,431,018 Crdts (i.e. ~ 3 billion credits) to transfer your fleet and you still have another ~ 3.5 Bn Credits in cache. Ok..

So you spent a total of 2,945,431,018 Crdts (i.e. ~ 3 billion credits) to transfer your fleet and you still have another ~ 3.5 Bn Credits in cache. Ok..

No, I started with 3.5 billion cr, and spent 1.3 billion transferring four ships there :)

Worked hard for it though.

The cost of moving a ship should be roughly equivalent to the value of a passenger mission to Colonia plus an insurance fee.
This would be balanced and believable.

Last edited:
One of the many baffling design decisions FDev have made that continue to confound.

Well, ED community, enjoy blowing your entire career's worth of in-game money just to transport a ship to Colonia...

or better yet, don't bother...

One of the many baffling design decisions FDev have made that continue to confound.

Well, ED community, enjoy blowing your entire career's worth of in-game money just to transport a ship to Colonia...

or better yet, don't bother...

In fairness it doesn't have to take too long to raise that kind of cash. But if you think it's a lot, I'm still collecting money now for when they eventually allow us to buy and build out own outposts. THAT will cost a lot of money! :)

if it makes you feel any better I laid out over 1B cr on Prismatic shields just so I could store a few when I broke my alignment to the power play faction

Last edited:
Top Bottom