Titan Rewards Update

Don't know if its been asked and forgive me if it has. How exactly will we know when this 'last week' starts? I assume there will be some sort of in game message. I only ask because this community works so fast to get stuff done, determining when the last week starts could prove tricky

Don't know if its been asked and forgive me if it has. How exactly will we know when this 'last week' starts? I assume there will be some sort of in game message. I only ask because this community works so fast to get stuff done, determining when the last week starts could prove tricky

We dont know when the last week start, only when the last week ended, the Titan got destroyed. If the titan is destroyed now, the Last week will be the the previous 7 days. But we don't know how fast the community will do this, so return each week to do damage to the most damaged titan. In that order, Leigong now, maybe Oya next (in the border between reducing controlls or ignore the war and attack it), and the last one will be Hadad for the 38K Ls with interdiction, a pain to fly.

Pay attention to the reddit threads that discuss order and mechanics. Leiong is 3x harder, because have more control systems than Taranis, but 4 and 6 less controlled system will reduce that resistance: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-invasion-next-target-systems.612125/

This is about the community, the game only put the mechanics and we coordinate in shared discord orders or threads like this.

As soon as I've seen the Titan rewards, I decided to take part in the combat.
I want this decal for my ship, it is pretty.
Today, I did my first damages to the heat core of a Titan (Leigong).
If I've not participated to the combat for Taranis will I get this incremental decal by participating to the combat for other Titans?
I mean, as it is incremental, maybe I can't increment something that I don't own.

As soon as I've seen the Titan rewards, I decided to take part in the combat.
I want this decal for my ship, it is pretty.
Today, I did my first damages to the heat core of a Titan (Leigong).
If I've not participated to the combat for Taranis will I get this incremental decal by participating to the combat for other Titans?
I mean, as it is incremental, maybe I can't increment something that I don't own.

The decal people got for Taranis had one star on it, the guess is that the number of stars will increase for each Titan you destroy, perhaps with something fancy if you reach eight.

If you destroy Leigong and it's your first Titan, I'd assume you'd unlock the 1-star decal.

How exactly will we know when this 'last week' starts? I assume there will be some sort of in game message. I only ask because this community works so fast to get stuff done, determining when the last week starts could prove tricky
The only way the last week might be predicted would be if the "God-hand" of Frontier forced a slowdown from whatever was determined a critical point, to ensure that exactly 7 days were needed to reach Meltdown (and it would have to be exact, because of disapponted players not able to play etc.). Such an action is unlikely to be received well by those who are playing at Titan-killing because they are enjoying it, rather than just for the shiny toys.

As Luriant says, it does depend entirely on how much the community attacks it as to when the last seven days are.

Currently, everything except Leigong is definitely more than seven days away. By months, in most cases. It will certainly be possible to predict the timings to "maybe this month" / "definitely not this month" accuracy.

We don't yet have sufficient data on exactly how much toughness various levels of Damage Resistance grant, and we also don't have a Frontier-eye view of how many people are actually attacking at any time, so we can't be very specific. Still, we do have some information, so:

- Leigong probably would fall (though it might narrowly survive) in the next seven days if it was the subject of a massive all-out attack similar to the one seen at Taranis
- in the absence of Frontier issuing all-media bulletins saying "attack Leigong now" the most likely outcome is that it survives this week, but is then weakened enough that it doesn't survive the next one. Again, that's not certain.

If everyone who was nervous about maybe missing out on the Leigong award just piled on to attack it right now for a week or two, then they'd all definitely get the award and Leigong would get taken down sooner, so that's probably the best option?

We dont know when the last week start, only when the last week ended, the Titan got destroyed. If the titan is destroyed now, the Last week will be the the previous 7 days. But we don't know how fast the community will do this, so return each week to do damage to the most damaged titan. In that order, Leigong now, maybe Oya next (in the border between reducing controlls or ignore the war and attack it), and the last one will be Hadad for the 38K Ls with interdiction, a pain to fly.
Hadad is likely to be 4th after Oya - sure, people won't like attacking the Titan itself that much, but it will be much easier to get Hadad down to a Damage Resistance below "extremely high" than any of the others. The decisions are likely to be taken far more for "what's easiest for control reduction" than "what's easiest for going after the Titan itself". (On that basis, I'd guess Cocijo as the last one to be attacked; it is extremely strongly defended against the level of control reduction required and even getting it down to "Very High" resistance will be tricky)

Hadad is likely to be 4th after Oya - sure, people won't like attacking the Titan itself that much, but it will be much easier to get Hadad down to a Damage Resistance below "extremely high" than any of the others. The decisions are likely to be taken far more for "what's easiest for control reduction" than "what's easiest for going after the Titan itself". (On that basis, I'd guess Cocijo as the last one to be attacked; it is extremely strongly defended against the level of control reduction required and even getting it down to "Very High" resistance will be tricky)
I desired 1 Titan alive, for study, and Hadad with the closer Spire site, is my favorite option. So I expected this one for the last and working the rest https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/can-we-leave-1-titan-alive.623568/#post-10324609

FDev can change lots of things, to fit in the schedule. Maybe the Taranis Autposy reveal some weakness...

I desired 1 Titan alive, for study, and Hadad with the closer Spire site, is my favorite option. So I expected this one for the last and working the rest https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/can-we-leave-1-titan-alive.623568/#post-10324609

FDev can change lots of things, to fit in the schedule. Maybe the Taranis Autposy reveal some weakness...
Maybe but that assumes that it is the corpse of the Titan hidden behind the corrosi cloud, it might be something less welcome.

The only way the last week might be predicted would be if the "God-hand" of Frontier forced a slowdown from whatever was determined a critical point, to ensure that exactly 7 days were needed to reach Meltdown (and it would have to be exact, because of disapponted players not able to play etc.). Such an action is unlikely to be received well by those who are playing at Titan-killing because they are enjoying it, rather than just for the shiny toys.
I wasn't doing it for the shiny toys(not completely), but i do other things to help out in the war. I did it at Titan too, I just wanted to know how we determine when the last week starts so i didn't miss out on getting the 2M bonds to get said shiny toy

I wasn't doing it for the shiny toys(not completely), but i do other things to help out in the war. I did it at Titan too, I just wanted to know how we determine when the last week starts so i didn't miss out on getting the 2M bonds to get said shiny toy
Monitoring https://dcoh.watch/ for the status of the respectively focused Titan would likely be a good enough way to keep track of when you’d need to have done (need to do) the minimum necessary contribution for the awards. Won’t take much of your time either.

With a sample of only 1 titan down, so far, it is hard to predict, I'd nip in to plant a few shots when the penultimate ring starts to get damaged, and hope!
I've already dropped in to say hello a few times, each pays a little more than the last, but will be using the above metric, just in case RL throws a curve ball at me!

200.gif

Thanks for igniting an interesting discussion on our side!

To be eligible for the incremental Titan rewards you will need to do the following:

1) Have done damage to the heat core of a Titan within one week prior to it going into meltdown.
2) You need to have earned a minimum of 2M credits from hitting the core (You earn less credits from the Titan when they still need weakening and have a high damage resistance)

Don't forget you also receive Arx from taking down hearts and gain more if you are a top contributor.

Getting the swag for helping with each Titan is great. But I'm a not entirely happy about this set of rules for earning it. I'm going to be out of town for an extended period that will likely overlap the last week of the next titan. I've been there (at titan Leigong) a few days in a row whittling away at the first heart and getting a lot of combat credit for it. How do the current set of rules account for commanders that did a serious amount of damage and progress leading into the last week and then miss it for circumstances beyond their control? Showing up in the final hour just to tag the titan and get your swag seems like a slight toward those that did the grind leading up to it. How about adding an addition rule that trumps the others and takes that into consideration? Perhaps something like earning 20 million in damage credit total, regardless of when?

How do the current set of rules account for commanders that did a serious amount of damage and progress leading into the last week and then miss it for circumstances beyond their control?
Because of how Frontier intends the Titans to be fought, "serious amount of damage and progress" and "not in the final week" probably shouldn't be possible, in their thinking.

For Leigong the damage curve is likely to be:
- previous week: 20% damage to one heart
- penultimate week: 50% damage to one heart
- final week: the remaining 730% of heart damage, with plenty of time to spare

So attacks taking place now are essentially irrelevant to success. You're not "supposed" to be attacking the Titan now, so you shouldn't be rewarded for it (in practice, Leigong is likely to fall so quickly next week that attacks today will be qualifying!)

(To be clear: I don't think Frontier are right on this one - there are good reasons beyond saving a few minutes on next week's attacks to be attacking Leigong now, and there are likely to be situations with future Titans where "wear down its hearts one-by-one over several weeks" ends up being the appropriate strategy - but we'll see what happens once player focus moves on to somewhere tougher)

I need to get myself back in there if it's going down that quickly. I've been re-unlocking engineers and trying to get some basic engineering done on my Titan Assault DBS, but that may have to wait until after Leigong has gone critical if I'm to hit the 2m requirement in such a small ship.

I need to get myself back in there if it's going down that quickly. I've been re-unlocking engineers and trying to get some basic engineering done on my Titan Assault DBS, but that may have to wait until after Leigong has gone critical if I'm to hit the 2m requirement in such a small ship.
You have until Thursday to finish it(the build), but if Leigong sees the same congregation as Taranis did, it isn’t gonna last long once its damage resistance drops to ‘Feasible without many long weeks of brute force smashing the brick wall until it gives in’. Possibly even less time if it goes even lower than the other Titan.

… and assuming there is no automatic background balancing factor that furthers a Titan’s difficulty as they are dropped because there’s a story twist of “Well, you had a good try humans, but your torpedoes no longer work” coming. Or some other reason Frontier may want 2-4 Titans still alive (or not yet very sorry for themselves) for.

Is there a guide of how to get into this heart bashing?

I know nothing of thargoid combat, but I have some cr and such... what is my easy way in to the loot?

That above link should be enough - and is quite amusing in its explanative crudeness - but if you want something else to help as well…

Top Bottom