Today's Play

Anyone remember the launch of a game called No Man's Sky? It was that riddled with bugs it was UNPLAYABLE.
I played NMS on the day of release, was definitely playable and enjoyable (despite the whole debacle about what the expectation was).
Hard to tell what is an actual bug through all the exaggeration.

Spent a few hours today mentoring a friend who recently got the game. Within those few hours...

• Multi-Crew didn't work, no matter what we tried;
  • We were fined after autolaunch time out;
  • Autolaunch rammed my ship into the side of the station causing damage to my ship;
  • Launching the Galaxy Map froze then crashed the game;
  • The Mission Board glitched out and crashed the game (it would load but still have the spinning icon as if it was still loading);
  • Several times we submitted to interdiction a few times and the NPC didn't appear;
  • On one occasion when an NPC did appear, that NPC effectively combat logged at 10% hull - just disappeared from view - then after I entered supercruise again, the same NPC interdicted me five seconds later and miraculously had a fully repaired ship.
That was just today.

Anyone remember the launch of a game called No Man's Sky? It was that riddled with bugs it was UNPLAYABLE.

What the hell is happening to our beloved game???

have you wasted your time filling in 7 bug reports on the crap issue tracker yet?

Okay, thanks for that. Glad to know the game is perfectly fine and the players who encounter these bugs are noobs not people who have been playing since day one.

Please keep the personal attacks to yourself in future.
Since the mods came in and edited my post, I guess now is a good time to come clean and admit I was being totally sarcastic. Look me up, and you'll see I'm not a white knight (or fox), except when it comes to the FSS 😜

Oh dear.

Multicrew didn't work... Ok, we ALL know that multi crew is flaky, why do you bother? Seems to work for most people ok though, so there's probably something wrong your end.

Fined after autolaunch timeout... What does this even mean? The autolaunch is a brand new feature two weeks old. Considering how long it took then to get the docking computer right, glitches should not surprise you. Launch on your own? What neither of you can fly out through mailslot without help?

Autolaunch rammed my ship into the side of the station (and wait for it, for extra impact 'DAMAGING MY SHIP!' )... Firstly, vid or it didn't happen, secondly, try fitting some shields.

Launching the galaxy map has never frozen or crashed mine or anyone else's game that I know of (although I have had totally random crashes once or twice over the years, I'm not saying it doesnt happen) I'm starting to wonder about the health of your computer. We're all playing with the same files, so unless you have some odd hardware or are magical, that problem is on your end.

The mission board glitches out and crashed the game. Hm... I'm starting to see a pattern here. Whatever you do crashes tha game. Time for a new pc?

Several times submitted to an npc that never appeared, fair enough, that happens. Multiple times in a row? I'm struggling with that, but if you say so. Again such wide ranging instancing problems point to network issues that other players aren't experiencing in such an obvious way.

Disappearing npcs... Probably a heat sink or a wake you didnt notice.

There are issues, no doubt, but thank God the game is nothing like you describe.

Yeah, OP! This is all down to your incompetence & your pathetic PC / broadband service (I assume Aashen has been to your house, obviously!!)

& WTH were you thinking - wanting to use an advertised game feature?! If something doesn't work, just have some decency will you & forget that you're a paying customer, keep your gob shut while finding a work-around & lastly, if Aashenfox hasn't experienced an issue, it patently doesn't exist...everyone knows this...are you or something?!

WARNING - may contain nuts sarcasm

glad you didn't instruct him to buy another router. (i'm dead serious, i read that exact advice to an user from apple software support as a workaround for a software bug in safari that randomly failed to display images in a page).

by the same token, if it is so flaky why isn't it removed from the game?

and by the same token again ... if we do the same with every feature that is somehow buggy ... what will remain? :D

so why was it even released?

again, and buy a new router? :D

so you have really nothing to contribute to the item but are going to shill away anyway? cool.

yeah, mee too! :D

and a new router!! XDDD

that's so reassuring. thanks! :D

now seriously, aashenfox, what threw you out of bed this morning?
Humor aside (which is appreciated), post was accurate and I apologized later for my minor attitude (I was indeed in a bad mood this morning). But no shilling here, just calling a spade a spade. OP contains facts, but they're exaggerated to the point of hyperbole 'damaging my ship!', come on. ;)

I don't think the op is trolling, just as I'm not white Knighting. I think it's exaggerating, he thinks I'm underestimating. Some agree with him, some agree with me, that's the thing about people seeing things differently. Forum looks like it's working perfectly!

glad you didn't instruct him to buy another router. (i'm dead serious, i read that exact advice to an user from apple software support as a workaround for a software bug in safari that randomly failed to display images in a page).

by the same token, if it is so flaky why isn't it removed from the game?

and by the same token again ... if we do the same with every feature that is somehow buggy ... what will remain? :D

so why was it even released?

again, and buy a new router? :D

so you have really nothing to contribute to the item but are going to shill away anyway? cool.

yeah, mee too! :D

and a new router!! XDDD

that's so reassuring. thanks! :D

now seriously, aashenfox, what threw you out of bed this morning?

ED is p2p, which means experiences fluctuate wildly. When I play with RL mates, multicrew works pretty much fine. Others apparantly never get it to work.

Yeah, OP! This is all down to your incompetence & your pathetic PC / broadband service (I assume Aashen has been to your house, obviously!!)

& WTH were you thinking - wanting to use an advertised game feature?! If something doesn't work, just have some decency will you & forget that you're a paying customer, keep your gob shut while finding a work-around & lastly, if Aashenfox hasn't experienced an issue, it patently doesn't exist...everyone knows this...are you or something?!

WARNING - may contain nuts sarcasm
You got me wrong there bro. You don't think the op is exaggerating just a little bit?

Back
Top Bottom