Horizons Totally fed up with this stupid bug!!!!

There is the known insta-scan on dock exit bug.

The only fix for that is to log out after docking.

It usually only happens if you enter the dock while being scanned. Upon leaving, the scan completes without re-warning you about ship scans.
It got me a few times. But logging out and in only takes seconds, so I just do that until it's fix.

Papa, just in case this is what happened to you, the "scan detected" message is only shown once per ship.. if a ship starts scanning you and you go far from the station (but not out to SC) and you come back, when this ship starts scanning you again it will not show any scanning message and finish the already started scan.

If this is the case it is not a bug. Anything else you should just report as a ticket if you think it is not the way it should be.

Last edited:
So let me get this right you stack missions, for each mission there will be an NPC related to it and if you are scanned missions fail.

So you are setting yourself up for a fall, where is this ED's fault?

Last edited:
Just on OP's point about 'invisible' ships, it happened to me at the weekend. I was doing a run from Robi with about 8 missions stacked, had completed either three or four and was undocking from a station.

*Please read this before you waste your time telling me about authority patrols and how to smuggle*

This isn't my first rodeo. I know the authority patrol the entrance to stations. I can see them on my scanner. I always line up with the slot inside the station, wait until the gap in the patrol appears and then leave at full boost with 4 pips to engines, boosting repeatedly until I'm clear to jump. This is in an Asp which at the time the incident at the weekend happened was boosting at around 380, slightly down from its maximum of 395 due to the cargo I was carrying. I have never and I do mean never been scanned on leaving a station. In that ship, at that speed. I've been scanned leaving an outpost once when there was an authority ship lurking outside which scanned me before I could get off the pad, but never leaving a station.

More to the point there were no contacts on my scanner at all when it happened and critically there were no contacts in my contacts list either. I was about 6k out from the station and just to head off the last suggestion, no it wasn't a commander running silent because I was in solo.

I assumed it was a glitch and the game had basically spawned a ship which for some reason I couldn't see.

The fact that I've only even thought to mention it in response to the kicking some people are giving this guy should tell you how much of a life-changing experince it was for me, I thought 'meh' and headed off to do something else, that was the sum total of my reaction so I'm not raging about it at all. Stuff happens.

All I'm saying is that yes, we've all see the posts from noobs who don't have a clue about how the smuggling missions work and I know it's easy to dismiss any comment about stuff like this because of them but what OP describes is exactly what happened to me. This weekend was the only time it has ever happened to me in coming up on 5 months of playing the game (I don't mean failing Robi missions, I mean being scanned without being able to see the ship that is doing it, anywhere at all, whilst doing anything, ever) and it was out of the ordinary enough for me to comment to a mate in chat when it happened.

I've done runs from Robi with 14 missions stacked in the past and haven't experienced the issue so it's clearly a one-off and I doubt it's specific to smuggling, I think it's more likely that we hear about those incidents because a Robi run is the only time it will cause you to lose a few million in potential income.

Regardless, it definitely happened.

Last edited:
So let me get this right you stack missions, for each mission there will be an NPC related to it and if you are scanned missions fail.

So you are setting yourself up for a fall, where is this ED's fault?

The design is a little strange, I don't think the devs had expected cmdrs to stack so many missions. Have you ever watched the end of a Benny hill show? That's what it's like stacking 10+ missions

[video=youtube;D9I4nZx8UCs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9I4nZx8UCs[/video]

Hey I read a dev explain to stack missions to progress rank! I am not a child ok. And I have been doing these missions all week! There is a bug ok!!!!

Go and try!

I have tried. Earned many, many hundreds of millions of credits. The more missions you stack, the more profit you have, the more risk you take, the more you will be interdicted. Its not a bug. If you dont like it, dont stack so many missions. As for invisible ships or weirdness happens, thats a connectivity issue. Sucks, but not a bug in the traditional form, nor one you can crush from FDs end.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Just on OP's point about 'invisible' ships, it happened to me at the weekend. I was doing a run from Robi with about 8 missions stacked, had completed either three or four and was undocking from a station.

*Please read this before you waste your time telling me about authority patrols and how to smuggle*

This isn't my first rodeo. I know the authority patrol the entrance to stations. I can see them on my scanner. I always line up with the slot inside the station, wait until the gap in the patrol appears and then leave at full boost with 4 pips to engines, boosting repeatedly until I'm clear to jump. This is in an Asp which at the time the incident at the weekend happened was boosting at around 380, slightly down from its maximum of 395 due to the cargo I was carrying. I have never and I do mean never been scanned on leaving a station. In that ship, at that speed. I've been scanned leaving an outpost once when there was an authority ship lurking outside which scanned me before I could get off the pad, but never leaving a station.

More to the point there were no contacts on my scanner at all when it happened and critically there were no contacts in my contacts list either. I was about 6k out from the station and just to head off the last suggestion, no it wasn't a commander running silent because I was in solo.

I assumed it was a glitch and the game had basically spawned a ship which for some reason I couldn't see.

The fact that I've only even thought to mention it in response to the kicking some people are giving this guy should tell you how much of a life-changing experince it was for me, I thought 'meh' and headed off to do something else, that was the sum total of my reaction so I'm not raging about it at all. Stuff happens.

All I'm saying is that yes, we've all see the posts from noobs who don't have a clue about how the smuggling missions work and I know it's easy to dismiss any comment about stuff like this because of them but what OP describes is exactly what happened to me. This weekend was the only time it has ever happened to me in coming up on 5 months of playing the game (I don't mean failing Robi missions, I mean being scanned without being able to see the ship that is doing it, anywhere at all, whilst doing anything, ever) and it was out of the ordinary enough for me to comment to a mate in chat when it happened.

I've done runs from Robi with 14 missions stacked in the past and haven't experienced the issue so it's clearly a one-off and I doubt it's specific to smuggling, I think it's more likely that we hear about those incidents because a Robi run is the only time it will cause you to lose a few million in potential income.

Regardless, it definitely happened.

Said it before, Ill say it again: lag. Insta-scans, sudden and bizarre interdictions, invisible ships, all that crap is lag-induced. Those with continually bad connections with amazon will have this all the time, non-stop, an will come here and claim its bugged. Some people, like me, are lucky enough to apparantly live inside the server room or something and have it happen pretty much zero times. Most are somewhere in between and occassionally have something happen to them.

And yes, the best response is saying 'meh'. the worst is probably to go into an anger frenzy.

Last edited:
It's about invisible ships scanning me within a second!!!!

Can I ask what rated sensors you have fitted? Ships interacting but apparently invisible to you could just be a consequence of you having lower rated sensor range than the ship scanning you who has higher rated and can see you? For example I might fit D rated sensors preferring to reduce ship weight increasing jump range but my disadvantage is a gamble with less sensor range.

Can I ask what rated sensors you have fitted? Ships interacting but apparently invisible to you could just be a consequence of you having lower rated sensor range than the ship scanning you who has higher rated and can see you? For example I might fit D rated sensors preferring to reduce ship weight increasing jump range but my disadvantage is a gamble with less sensor range.

Nah, even the crapiest scanners passively scan multiple times further than NPCs can actively scan you. What happens is that there is a ship, who is scanning him but the client is never informed of it or is busy doing something else. Once it catches up it realises what happened and just flips the switch on all your missions. Its the same as you shooting at a ship and it doesnt take damage for seconds, or a ship suddenly teleporting behind you. Just a case of the client disagreeing with other clients and the server on what is happening.

Last edited:
Bugged or not...

How does taking a mission automatically inform every NPC between you and your destination?

Immersion?

Exactly. It's ridiculous.

I understand that the purpose is to add some difficulty, which is fine, IF it is done in a believable way.

Last edited:
So, we are told to stack our missions right. I spent several hours stacking missions and writing them down and working out loads of things I was going to do. Then travel 400 LY evading everyone and get to my destination. Then the bug where you get endless (10 in a row inderdicks) and finnaly arrive after 20 mins of the same noise and get the bug scan from a cloacked ship. It scans you no matter how many time you get away!!!! I am sooooo %$3£"&^"%" fed up!!! What is wrong with these people?

Why release these things if they are broken and FD know it???? I have just paid them another £25 for horizons to get this kind of service as usual. Which is still broken and has nothing to offer. Why did I listen to the reviews?

I have been here since beta and the same old bugs are still here. I am soooo anoyed!!!! Why did I ever think they would fix what they have first?

Rage quit? I smashed everything on my desk! Thank you FD

I can't help with the bug (I scan log if this happens since I figure it's a bug anyway) but I used to have the chain interdiction problem until I switched my Robigo build to this:

http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/04A5A...7020229272f.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=Smuggler Asp

* 30 LY jump and 5A fuel scoop
* 72 Cargo which is enough for 10-12 x 5mil missions
* Enough armaments to kill any NPCs
* Small bi-weaves on top of 830 armour so you can keep killing NPCs on the way back home and recharge your shields constantly for that long way back, plus you can go silent and still be protected
* 400 k/s speed which can out run any scanning vessels

Boom, no more issues with chain interdictors and a much more fun smuggling experience

Last edited:
Just a note - this is an acknowledged bug, I got insta-scanned without warning when leaving a station with a whole bunch of stacked fail-on-scan missions. Got a fair bit of the mission value refunded by FDev after they checked the logs. Was however informed that this bug would persist for a while and that the refund was a once off as I was now informed of the bug.

It's just such a silly peice of code. I don't know how it got into the game from beta? I can evade by pointing my butt to the sun and every NPC will fall out of SC. Then the coast is clear to the station. But no! Cloaked ships everywhere. 30 mins to go 1000ls even if you jump out of the system or not and even after everyone is stuck at the sun who you just evaded again! Then get to station. No one is there. Silent run to station and a scan starts. No one around???? I run. get away. Scan again. No one. Go back and within a second I have been scaned and all my misisons gone.

So there ARE cloacked ships!!! or they just want to make sure we fail now and then. It's the latter that made me so mad if it's true....

It's so not fit for the game....

Agreed

I think it just doesn't make any sense for the entire galaxy to behave entirely differently because you've accepted a mission or two. The whole super-powered NPC dynamic to "add to game play" just doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather see a consistent galaxy where the differences between NPC's and Cmdr's was indistinguishable and you get scanned consistently based on the level of security in the system you are in.

Fudging the mission dynamic to make them more fun is just an admission by FD that the interactions in the systems are insufficient to provide entertaining game play. I'm sorry. but seeing Eagles that can jump as far as an Asp just to make the game "fun" isn't my idea of game enhancement. The unrealistic behaviors of NPC's as a consequence of accepting a mission or two has totally put me off from doing them any more.

Said it before, Ill say it again: lag. Insta-scans, sudden and bizarre interdictions, invisible ships, all that crap is lag-induced. Those with continually bad connections with amazon will have this all the time, non-stop, an will come here and claim its bugged. Some people, like me, are lucky enough to apparantly live inside the server room or something and have it happen pretty much zero times. Most are somewhere in between and occassionally have something happen to them.

And yes, the best response is saying 'meh'. the worst is probably to go into an anger frenzy.

Yeah some form of network related issue is exactly what I assumed it was. Stuff like this, if it happens once I'd never even think of putting a bug report in because although my connection is rock solid that doesn't tell you anything about traffic at any given point. If I see it happen again I may consider reporting it, but I assumed it was just bad luck.

Edit:

Just a note - this is an acknowledged bug, I got insta-scanned without warning when leaving a station with a whole bunch of stacked fail-on-scan missions. Got a fair bit of the mission value refunded by FDev after they checked the logs. Was however informed that this bug would persist for a while and that the refund was a once off as I was now informed of the bug.

Shows you what I know.
biggrin.png

Last edited:
Hey I read a dev explain to stack missions to progress rank! I am not a child ok. And I have been doing these missions all week! There is a bug ok!!!!

Go and try!

May I suggest you take your attitude to the bug reporting section. Or at the very least behave like an adult and loose the masked swearing from your OP.

Instant interdictions are an absolute pain as well as the scans with nothing showing on the radar.
Long overdue a fix.

I think I know how smuggling missions work
You take a smuggling mission and you get big sticker on your ship that says "I am a smuggler!!!" The amount of stickers on your ship is equal to number of smuggling missions :D

Agreed

I think it just doesn't make any sense for the entire galaxy to behave entirely differently because you've accepted a mission or two. The whole super-powered NPC dynamic to "add to game play" just doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather see a consistent galaxy where the differences between NPC's and Cmdr's was indistinguishable and you get scanned consistently based on the level of security in the system you are in.

Fudging the mission dynamic to make them more fun is just an admission by FD that the interactions in the systems are insufficient to provide entertaining game play. I'm sorry. but seeing Eagles that can jump as far as an Asp just to make the game "fun" isn't my idea of game enhancement. The unrealistic behaviors of NPC's as a consequence of accepting a mission or two has totally put me off from doing them any more.

This is excellently well put CMDR.

Top Bottom