ANNOUNCEMENT Tritium Depot Refills

It's a good idea to help tide players over.

Quick little idea to help smooth things over further; zero upkeep on carriers until its fixed as there will be some players who essentially cannot get any meaningful gameplay out of them until tritium is fixed and are still having to pay full upkeep.

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
It's a nice gesture, and I'd have appreciated it more if my FC wasn't already @ 96% fuel with 9k+ in my cargo hold.....the hoarder in me thought to drop a full hold @ the fc every other time I picked it up, and the sudden drop off in supply has effective left it sitting pretty (ugly?) rather than going on the expedition I was planning with my squadron, which I'll still do, just without a mobile base (which is what they're supposed to be, right?)

I wonder if even half the developers actually play the game more than flying a ship around, it sure doesn't seem like it sometimes with how badly each update affects everything (and in the brief time I've played, updates have affected EVERYTHING, even things that it shouldn't have, and have done so without fail)

Regardless I still appreciate free stuff, even if I get like only 1% of what most get.

o7

To all the people complaining: Fdev didnt have to give you anything. They could have very easily just sat back and waited on the patch, and left you with zero. They have said the tritium issue was a mistake, and that they are working on it. Give them some good will and let them work on it. Maybe even say thank you for listening and trying to alleviate the problem?

To Fdev: Thank you so much! This will help alot, and i cant even imagine how happy everyone in colonia is right now! Good luck with the patch, I hope its coming along smoothly :D

People are frustrated because they have paid a lot of grind worthy credits for their Carriers and quite likely invested real money on Arx for cosmetics, only to be stranded paying upkeep on the things whilst unable to continue their gaming. So why shouldn't Fdev offer a solution in the meantime when they really ought to have acted sooner?

Is there any plans to make multiple planed FC jumps a thing? Its a huge pain to manually plot each jump wait 30 minutes between them, plot the next jump and so on for thousands of LY. Would really like it if you could program your carrier to travel to a destination and transfer fuel from cargo automatically (what am i paying my fuel depot crew to do anyway)
This is one of the main reasons I have yet to buy an FC, and likely won't until it's changed.

Very low blow to increase refueling costs by a tenfold. Regarding this, I won't even be close to a PC by the time they do it to empty my fuel so..

Greetings Commanders!

We are aware that while we work on a patch to address the issues raised in our Known Issues thread, that the low presence of Tritium in icy asteroid rings has left some Fleet Carriers stranded out in the black. To rectify this while we work on a fix, all Fleet Carrier's Tritium Depots will be filled with Tritium as compensation and a gesture of goodwill. We hope this helps any Fleet Carrier owners or guests currently unable to return to the bubble or otherwise reach their destinations. The Tritium refill can be expected to take place at around 15:00 UTC today, 23 July.

We are working on the patch as a matter of priority and will share the release date with you as soon as we have it. Thanks for your continued patience and support!

o7
Thanks Bruce, I missed the drop but could you clarify if this is happening Daily @3pm? also could this not be put in Cargo for those who need to keep their tanks near full due to no remote fueling.

Do you people even know how little 1000t of tritium is?

That‘s a good question lol, and even though I like to think positive and try not to be too demanding as a person - I’ll actually say no I don’t think they do - incredibly so...... It’ll probably only help very few of the stranded cmdr’s out there.

Greetings Commanders!

o7

measly 1000 tritium back from what has cost 2+ weeks of upkeep....not to mention thats if your fleet carrier had an empty depot which means less or non for most.

Would have made more sense to suspend upkeep for all until you have the issues actually fixed as that is the real issue

While I appreciate the gesture of the free fuel, it doesn’t help everyone. I’ve been playing other games and avoiding jumping my fleet carrier, waiting patiently, for a patch to release and fix the issue. As a result my Depot is full.

I get you can’t just dump 1000 tons of tritium into my hold because you’re basically dumping millions of credits into the economy, but really this does me no good. I would have been better off to keep jumping my carrier and not refuel my depot so that I could get the bonus like most others are getting.

Last edited:
For me the point of an exploration carrier is to spend less time travelling and more time exploring - not less time travelling and more time mining. A bit for variety, yes, but not full time. But apparently that's not the way the devs saw things. Oh well.
Your point is perfectly possible. Before the Great Rocket Tea Drought I'd spend 2-3 hours mining and 20-30 hours exploring/traveling. Now I spend 3-4 hours mining. Not much of a change. My tritium reserves have been growing despite the cost of the jumps (usually circa 165T), and I've been exploring both along my path and in an area around my carrier waypoints. I've even been able to do a few in-system carrier jumps so as not to have to SC through 300kls or more to map some valuable planets.

Last edited:
I feel like more than a few of you need to change your name to CMDR Karen. Does tritium mining suck right now? Yes. Is FDEV aware of it? Yes. Is there anything you can do about it? No.

If you don't trust that FDEV is aware of the problem and are going to fix it as they said they would, why do you still play?

1000t is nice. It'll cover our Guardian event planned for tonight just about. However, please consider for expeditions this is not going to be enough and at least help them out until a fix is implemented

Top Bottom