Turkish language

However, since the game wanted advanced English, many people could not understand the game and deleted the game
Sorry, that's their own mistake. If you don't understand English, that means you need to look at the language support.
This is a well known fact for +30 years.
I wouldn't call it advanced English, I think 90% is basic? Not much difference with other management games from the last 20 years. :D

A lot of games don't support other languages - don't they play other games at all?
Even for a big title like Borderlands 3, there's no support for a lot of languages. Even the bigger titles like GTA V and RDR2, have limited support for languages.
Most times it's just English/Spanish/French/German/Italian/Japanese/Russian/Chinese/Korean (and most of them just for interface)

I dont understand the problem here , english is a world language its not that hard to learn. and with that if you guys would learn english a whole new world of games you never played before (cause of no turkish language) will open up for you.
Somewhat true but this has to do with your native language. Some languages have a lot in common, so normally it's easier to learn a new language in that category (Germanic/Romance)..
And in some countries you are obligated to learn multiple languages. In the Netherlands you have to learn (at least) English and another language (I had to pick German or French).
So to be fair, I don't know how easy it is to learn English when you live in Turkey or are Turkish.

I dont understand the problem here , english is a world language its not that hard to learn. and with that if you guys would learn english a whole new world of games you never played before (cause of no turkish language) will open up for you.
Yes, English is a world language. but then, why are there 17 different languages in the game? there is no logical explanation for what you say.

Yes, English is a world language. but then, why are there 17 different languages in the game? there is no logical explanation for what you say.

It's market depended. Apparantly they expected to sell less copies in Turkey then in the Netherlands/Belgium for instance. Hence why Dutch is a language in Planet Zoo and Turkish is (probably) not.

Besides that, I would always suggest learning English (even through games it's very easy).
Having English as a base language, even when it's only minmal, will get you a long way in a world, where not everybody speaks Turkish, but where aprox 2/3 of the people on this planet does speak English.

I think knowing and learning English as a language is a must have skill to have.

@Luuknoord yeah, I agree. :)
I can also say that learning English is definitely useful and I recommend. I am definitely in favor of this. I don't think learning English is a harmful thing, it is useful for everyone. But people still have a hard time after some point because they don't know English exactly.
I personally had no difficulty myself.

Last edited:
Tbh, most requesters only post once on this forum and never return. Is it really a big deal?
I think 99% of video games are just a few languages - somewhat confused why people could have an issue with missing native languages.
Are these players that never played a videogame before? Because when you play videogames on a regular basis, you have to understand English, right?

While I don't know much about Turkish culture etc. and how much is translated/dubbed from English to Turkish? (you know TV/movies/kids shows?)
(My nieces/nephews actually have issues with English compared to when I was that age, because most kids TV shows are dubbed to Dutch)

So if that's the case, I somewhat understand the requests.

But I can't relate to it, because I grew up with a different approach to languages. Basically if you want to play/watch it, you have to learn it. (everything was in English and since we didn't had cable in our small town - satellite UK/German channels without subtitles) :D

Edit: Sorry a bit offtopic !!

most requesters only post once on this forum and never return.
Because Turkish players do not enter the forums of the games. Turkish players enter the Social Forums. these usually cover all games. and forums opened by someone else (prominent person). but they do not join the form of a company forums. as you can see here, most people only appeared once. they are not always active.
While I don't know much about Turkish culture etc. and how much is translated/dubbed from English to Turkish?
I do not understand what you mean here, but every foreign content on television in Turkey, Turkish dubbed manner.

In short, Turks do not enter foreign forums. For example, instead of entering the forum of Total War games, they only enter the forum where Turks are active. so I don't know how I can tell that more. I think you understand. :)
Turkish game culture is really different. You need deep research and knowledge to know this. :D
or you have to be Turkish to know this. :)
Irrelevant; Many people in Turkey is opposed to the Zoo.

Yeah changed the post a few times, so most likely some part of an older comment remained.
Didn't proof-read too much after that.

You still explained it though :D
Basically that short answer was enough. That is a major difference compared to our country (The Netherlands)
For us: foreign kid shows/movies are mostly dubbed nowadays. but almost all content from other countries just receive subtitles.
(Kid) animation movies usually are shown in both the original (English) version and in the dubbed version.

And most Dutch people go for the international / bigger part of the forum.

Thanks for explaining. To me, when people say it's highly requested an only a few users post once on a forum - that doesn't work for me. (also just 1 post on the entire Frontier forum)
When people in the Netherlands tell us they don't understand English and want a Dutch translation, you'll most likely get told; Well, learn English if you want to understand it.
In short: Cultural differences.

Last edited:
Although I want the Turkish language, it is definitely better to learn English.
Basically that short answer was enough. That is a major difference compared to our country (The Netherlands)
Yes, a short answer was enough, but I wanted to explain as much as I could. True, Turkish culture is very different. :)
For us: foreign kid shows/movies are mostly dubbed nowadays. but almost all content from other countries just receive subtitles.
(Kid) animation movies usually are shown in both the original (English) version and in the dubbed version.
As I said, no subtitled content is shared on Turkish TVs. they are all dubbed. :)
And most Dutch people go for the international / bigger part of the forum.
This is just the opposite for the Turks. The Turks generally enter the original game forums only to indicate a request.
Thanks for explaining
You're welcome. :)

Thanks for explaining. To me, when people say it's highly requested an only a few users post once on a forum - that doesn't work for me.
I sent you a special message for this topic. :) In order not to go off topic

Yes, I agree with all of you. Certainly every person should learn English because it is a world language, but foreign language education in our country is very poor quality, so many of us indirectly have bad English. But still it would be nice to add Turkish to the game.

The sentence structure in the Turkish language and the sentence structure in the English language are not similar and when I know the sentence structure, but when I don't know the meaning of the word, I cannot understand that sentence. That's why we need Turkish support. I would like to play this game with English but we can't understand some of them. It's really hard, imagine that you play a game with a language you can't understand clearly.

I was going to buy this game today, but when I saw Turkish language support requests and reactions, I started to hesitate about it.

First of all, you cannot produce statistics by saying that 150 Turkish comments have been written on steam. The number of buyers (on a country basis) must be seen frontier. Maybe 10% of people who buy games write reviews.

Secondly, If there were Turkish language support, I am sure that the number of buyers would increase considerably in our country.
If you had just released the game in Swedish, how many people do you think would buy it? This time, there were not many comments in English, so can you say that we do not add support in English? First the service is given, then the response is expected.

For example, for the game Ark, there are 9.39 thousand Turkish reviews and I'm sure that the total number of purchasers is much higher than this number.

Now, Turkish support has started to be added gradually in newly released games. But frontier did not offer the slightest idea on this subject.

You can say of course, we do not want the Turks to buy it anyway, of course, this discretion belongs to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom