Turn on power mission, power already on?

Server restart (Powerplay, Thargoid War) is Thursday mornings
Tick (Political BGS) is approximately daily, currently at around 1630 UTC
Stock Update (Economic BGS) is approximately every ten minutes
Mission boards also update every 10 minutes but I think that's only a partial update, so any individual mission on them could be a bit older than that.
Cool, thanks. Now I know more :)

Most of these reports seem to be for Thargoid Recovery systems, so the Political state will almost certainly be None (but shouldn't be relevant). Is anyone having this problem somewhere the Thargoids aren't involved?

Well, before @Markov Chaney posted the issue no one mentioned this important piece of information: where is this happening 😂

I am in hip 6913 and I am unable to locate the personal computer I'm supposed to take from the settlement. This has happened to me several times in several different systems. This is all around the thargoid area.

I am in hip 6913 and I am unable to locate the personal computer I'm supposed to take from the settlement. This has happened to me several times in several different systems. This is all around the thargoid area.
I would have expected your mission information to give you a locker/container number and it's combination if necessary.

It doesn't seem to give you this information (locker number, etc.) any longer. The mission updates that you have arrived at your destination. When landing it doesn't update mission with further details. When you access a console it does not show you the highlighted locker with the item in it. In two cases I scavenged every locker, found items that matched the description but they were not marked as mission material.

Last edited:
i am just tired of it sendin me settlemenas tha ar already reactivated Espeicaly when they are in a Diffemt system,. I realy hope they fix tthis

# Workaround:
Check settlements to make sure they are offline before accepting this mission. They will be all offline (good to go) or all online (busted; move on) in the system.
This has not failed me.

Bonus, at time of writing HIP 30260 has live, active restore missions.

I have been running support missions from Luggerates over the weekend very sucessfully. All the settlements I was being sent to were offline as they should. Except one, where I arrived just as the lights went on - another CMDR with the same mission :).

It only happens for missions in different system that theoretically is still in post-thargoid repair state (with some stations still in need of repairs), but passed the halfway mark and since Thursday tick all Odyssey settlements are back online. Game somehow doesn't recognize that.

Last edited:
I thought this problem was specific to settlements in the goid zones? Don't take them in the goid zones. 🤷‍♂️
I opened a locker in one of those settlements and four weapon components greeted me. Overall, there were 6 to loot at the settlement. That's in addition to 4 Suit Schematics as a mission reward. The workaround is trivial.

Ok. I just got one of these... What really irked me was the rudeness of the NPC's. Look mister, I was just sent here to do a job, I have clearance to be in the reactor control room so can the attitude! It's not my fault that your office sent me here.

Top Bottom