Turn on power mission, power already on?

Ok. I just got one of these... What really irked me was the rudeness of the NPC's. Look mister, I was just sent here to do a job, I have clearance to be in the reactor control room so can the attitude! It's not my fault that your office sent me here.
There's not supposed to be people in unpowered settlements though....

This occurs on a system by system basis, so if it happens to you once in a system the whole system is broken.
This doesn't seem to be true anymore, just took 2 reactivation missions in HIP 20899 planet 1D (both on the same body) Rayne Cultivation estate was abandoned and i could complete the mission, but Thomas Agricultural Base was already online.

# Workaround:
Check settlements to make sure they are offline before accepting this mission. They will be all offline (good to go) or all online (busted; move on) in the system.
This has not failed me.

Bonus, at time of writing HIP 30260 has live, active restore missions.
I thought I figured out how to do this, until I found out I didn't... How do you do this?

When I enter a recovery system, I have a good look at the state of the settlements. They should say "docking offline" in the nav panel. And then, when I don't remember if I checked the nav panel because I have the memory of a goldfish, you can always open the galmap from the mission detail view, go to the system map and check the state of the target settlement there.

So, I tried to power up missions last night and this morning... Notice I said tried. In Ebisu and Cao Tzu there were tons of missions available, everyone I tried to do was to a powered-up station. Each system had 20-30 missions listed, the issue is that most of the stations in each system are powered up and the missions to the unpowered stations were non-existent as far as I could tell. I noted the names of the powered down stations and could not find them in the mission list.

Traveling to Hyades Sector AV-O b6-5 no missions from settlements to both main settlements yielded no missions to stations in that system, yet all were powered down. There were missions to Ebisu and Cao Tzu with those being listed being already powered up. A short distance away was Hyades Sector AV-O b6-1 and it listed missions to Ebisu, Cao Tzu, and Namayu. The missions to Ebisu and Cao Tzu were again, to settlements that were already powered up

I traveled to Namayu and got a couple of missions. I have been trying to acquire manufacturing instructions and they were fairly raining down, as long as the stations were powered up, nothing to a powered down station. I could find no missions to any settlement in the Hyades Sector AV-O b6-5 system from either the system itself or nearby systems. I have no idea how the system will come out of thargoid recovery. Pretty much a waste of the limited time that I have to engage in gameplay, which alone was wasted tracking down settlement after settlement by going through the gal map and boring down to the desired settlement.

I check every Thargoid recovery system for powered up settlements, if I find even one powered up, I move on to the next system. If no system has less than 3 powered up systems, I skip this type of missions entirely until next Thursday.
A system shouldn't even be considered "recovering" when all Odyssey settlements are already online. But the Horizons settlements still keep it in that state, even though they can't be interacted with.

I can confirm this is still happening. I finally decieded to try to look into the thargoid war, Went in and saw the downed settlements and thought, oh cool use of that mission, accepted, was shot and killed for entering the room to help once I realized there were people there LOL. And it's 2 months after the ticket was posted that I voted on. How sad is it major bugs like this are left for so long. =(

HIP 21991 used to be a Thargoid Recovery system 1-2 weeks ago, now it's a Thargoid Alter system, what's up with that? Shouldn't it be immune to attack for a while after recovery?

I'm doing Restore missions (for the last 2 days already, this will be a 3rd one) in Bhotepa and the 4 settlements listed below do not trigger the restore missions when landed.

I mean, i do get the blue Mission Updated text while approaching the settlement in my ship, but once landed there is no Mission task box in the upper right corner and the missions cannot be completed

So, the settlements list:
  • Xie Mineralogic Facility
  • Zelenko Extraction Enterprise
  • Onyilogwu Drilling Exploration
  • Lymar Biochemical Complex

What's interesting is all 4 settlements belong to the "HIP 110773 Future", which is in both Bust and Civil Unrest
Bust will generate plain restore missions (no fires) but Civil Unrest will generate missions that will require to also put off fires.
Every time i landed to any of those settlements, there were fires too (and bodies), so apparently Civil Unrest it's "stronger" and the fact there are bodies present in the settlement might interfere with the mission trigger mechanisms

Anyway, that or something else seems to interfere and the missions dont trigger at landing.

The rest of the settlements do trigger the missions just nice.

It would be really nice if a mission guru at FDev could delve into it? @Dominic Corner ?

Last edited:
Had this happen to me with 4 missions. The last mission turned off the alarms and switched the power regulator with the mission power regulator. Tried to leave building and was killed by guard when he scanned me. Ended up with a mission failure. Also had a mission and was able to replace the power regulator but the mission was not flagged as complete.

Last edited:
I can confirm this is still happening. I finally decieded to try to look into the thargoid war, Went in and saw the downed settlements and thought, oh cool use of that mission, accepted, was shot and killed for entering the room to help once I realized there were people there LOL. And it's 2 months after the ticket was posted that I voted on. How sad is it major bugs like this are left for so long. =(
It will likely never be fixed, plenty of mission issues like this have been floating around for years and have never been fixed.

It will likely never be fixed, plenty of mission issues like this have been floating around for years and have never been fixed.
There isn't a single non-expired vote on the issue tracker atm; i will see if i can add it later or maybe someone else can.

Tried doing some restore missions in a recovery system and they were at already powered settlements, rendering them unable to being completed.

There isn't a single non-expired vote on the issue tracker atm; i will see if i can add it later or maybe someone else can.

Tried doing some restore missions in a recovery system and they were at already powered settlements, rendering them unable to being completed.
Just keep the power regulators. They'll come in useful sooner or later.

Top Bottom