Turret and Gimbals weapons not working anymore

I've never encountered this issue...nearly all of my turret equipped ships have only fixed weapons and turrets.
Built a cutter for pve bounty hunting/assasination, one fixed class 4 auto cannon long range/corrosive shell, rest beam turrets. A 7A G5 weapons focused/super capacitor with 3 pips can pretty much perma fire a mix of 2 class 3 long range and 4 class 2 efficient beam turrets and leave enough left over for the class 4 auto cannon to finish up.
Idea was to strip shields with the beams, and when they ran, and npcs quite often do once you get them down to 20-40% hull, give them the fixed auto cannon in the backside. Usually took out their engines in seconds.
Only problem is that the turrets would not fire. assigned them a fire button, set them to fire at will or forward, and nothing. They would not shoot. Replaced fixed with gimballed auto cannon and it works, switch back and no worky. Perhaps it is something they fixed, or it is a glitch that only affects some installs. I did submit a ticket back when it happened.

Okay logged out and back in and it did not fix it....I even restarted my computer just in case....I have died between 3 and 5 times. This is the sux.

On the RH Screen, Ship tab. There is a setting for the type of fire control: Target Only, Fire at will & Forward Fire. That might affect the problem. Remember the weapons won't fire if the target is at 0% hull.

I found a workaround for this apparent bug.
I've 2 turrets size 1 on my vette the rest are gimballed. I assigned the turrets to target only and also on MAIN fire not alternative fire trigger. My huge beams are on alt fire button.
This works perfectly for me. In fact the 2 turrets always fire of their own accord..but they don't if assigned to alt fire.
Also pips always at least 2 in weps. 4 wen actually firing. Use a charge enhanced power plant to ensure you've a full capacitor all the time.
Does your power plant have enough power to fire weps?
The panel on right shows power input and output. Make sure you've surplus or as close to 90% usage when deployed.

I found a workaround for this apparent bug.
I've 2 turrets size 1 on my vette the rest are gimballed. I assigned the turrets to target only and also on MAIN fire not alternative fire trigger. My huge beams are on alt fire button.
This works perfectly for me. In fact the 2 turrets always fire of their own accord..but they don't if assigned to alt fire.
Also pips always at least 2 in weps. 4 wen actually firing. Use a charge enhanced power plant to ensure you've a full capacitor all the time.
Does your power plant have enough power to fire weps?
The panel on right shows power input and output. Make sure you've surplus or as close to 90% usage when deployed.
yes i was at full weapons pips and i have enough to fire my torps. which take almost no power. and i have room to spare in the energy department. they just would not fire. i am not wanting to get into combat again to test out ways to make it work as i lost 3 or 4 ships at 600k each before i realized what was happening and another 2 trying to make them work. i will be trying this weekend but only with fixed guns for now.

Top Bottom