Twitch Drops Cargo Breach

Did anyone solve the endless loop on the twitch.frontier page of signing in, linking twitch, signing in...?
I play on xbox so I'm using the Microsoft/xbox sign in. The linking works with the frontier account but I don't think I can use that on the xbox

My take is that it's a problem with Frontier website login sessions and their associated browser cookies. When you visit twitch.frontierstore.net and follow the login button, that sends you over to auth.frontierstore.net. Regardless of authentication method, successful login there returns you to twitch.frontierstore.net with a new session cookie for your browser. When you authenticate via Frontier, that cookie is fine. When you authenticate via Xbox Live, that cookie is inflated for some reason such that it's larger than the usually expected 4096 bytes. Firefox sees this and flags it as invalid (verified via console), my guess is other browsers do the same. When you follow the Twitch link button, that takes you to twitch.tv where you login, then redirects back to twitch.frontierstore.net. With no valid session cookie, Frontier doesn't remember your successful login and you're left to start again. There's no way in Firefox to set a larger cookie size limit, probably the same for other browsers.

And again, now that others are not in possession of the drops I'm going to agree with them as to the same that I didn't get them also. Either by FDev or twitch, the system did not work for everybody. but It should have been done the old way not the new way since it clearly cut out a good bunch of us from getting the drops.

commander name popcornhemeroid also did not get the drops but redeemed and claimed properly .. also only shows I got two of three instead of all three

Was Vibrant Purple Paintjob for all ships offer, or only the one in the screenshots ?

I don't have Vibrant Purple Paintjob for my Type-10 :(

Last edited:
the paint jobs from what it states is for all ships, and the other for all SLFs/SRVs. i already had all the weapons and thruster trails, but for me the paint jobs was what i was watching for.

When is next Elite Dangerous twitch drop ?

the paint jobs from what it states is for all ships, and the other for all SLFs/SRVs. i already had all the weapons and thruster trails, but for me the paint jobs was what i was watching for.
I thought that too, but i think we were confused with the Azure paint job that was offered by Frontier to all Horizon DLC owner.

The paintjob was only for the ships shown in the picture, not all of them.
Thank you for answer !

Update: the only way I was able to claim Twitch Drops for Xbox was by building a custom Firefox package on a Linux host with MaxBytesPerCookie defined as 40960 instead of the default 4096. Using that, I was able to authenticate via Xbox Live and retain Frontier's session cookie and so link my Twitch account and claim the Drops. I have a support ticket open documenting this.

Update: the only way I was able to claim Twitch Drops for Xbox was by building a custom Firefox package on a Linux host with MaxBytesPerCookie defined as 40960 instead of the default 4096. Using that, I was able to authenticate via Xbox Live and retain Frontier's session cookie and so link my Twitch account and claim the Drops. I have a support ticket open documenting this.
And despite all that, the assets don't show up as owned in game as of today, just available for purchase with Arx. I'd call that a separate issue. No sign of the duplicated paintjobs available for purchase that some have reported, but I only checked the SRV.

There is a way for it in windows 10? I tried all browsers but nothing to do...

Is there a way for it in windows 10? I tried all browsers but nothing to do...
Don't think so. Firefox and others don't offer settings to tweak max cookie size (they're pushing other local storage options instead). Only way I could do it was by editing the source code. It works, but it's not a practical solution. And claims for Xbox translating to receiving stuff in game isn't working either.

Just got a reply on my support ticket. Apparently despite my best efforts, the Drops were assigned to my Frontier platform account (forum posting, etc) not my Frontier Xbox account. Support rattled off the usual reasons this can happen (user error) and didn't address the too-large session cookie problem. Support did reassign the Drops to my Frontier Xbox account. Since they didn't get into the root problem, I can't say whether future Drop claims will work without their intervention.

Support got back to me and I did what they suggested but still nothing on my account. That was 2 weeks ago. Haven't got anything else from support.

Top Bottom