Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190509-201700_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190509-201700_YouTube.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 245
Telling us to look up:

Then look up... Look up and say to yourself: "I have loved the starts too dearly to be fearful of the night."
Find your resolve, Commanders, for you are the true "Children of Raxxla."
I wish you a safe voyage home, but for now...
Remember!

The section from the Referenced poem "The Old Astronomer" :

Pray, remember, that I leave you all my theory complete,
Lacking only certain data, for your adding, as is meet;
And remember, men will scorn it, ’tis original and true,
And the obloquy of newness may fall bitterly on you.

Suggests adding the word RIFT to the text on the right ?

Last edited:
Yes. I think Mr Wagar provided the map, either in the code, or in the soliloquy. My first guess is that the capital case letters and numbers are separate from the lower case, and the lower case are good old-fashioned anagrams. How are your Scrabble skills cmdrs? 😉

I was just thinking something along this line.

rhT7aamtC7 = ram tah T7 C7
r + 4 + 2 = ram +1 = t - 2 - 4 = tah...

Or:
r+5+1 = ram +1 = t -3-3 = tah

Or If you remove the T7C7 first:
r+2+2+1=t-2-2= ram tah
r+3+1+1=t-3-1= ram tah

Or it could.

eyketsoa

1+4+2+1-2-4
eto asy ke

1+5+1+1-3-3
eso aty ke

e+2+2+1=t-2-2= ekt sey oa
e+3+1+1=t-3-1= eet sky oa

What if the letters and numbers combined are meant to stay that way. T7 and C7 could be the XX-X T7-# and XX-X C7-#. It could simplify this fast if we can pull out numbers from a system coordinate.

T7, C7, H17, I7, L8, R2, H1, H4, T4, O0, I6, K4, P5.(13 capital letters and 13-14 numbers) That means we could be dealing with up to 11 system names.

RC, CD, MA, LT (2x4=8)and up to 4 via this logic. Assuming the letters can only be system names if they are already clumped together in the text.

How many of those combos can be a viable system name in game? 'RA'-X 'T7'-# etc. I think only so many letter combos exist don't they. Or are all four viable coordinates?

All capital/digits:
T7 C7, R E, A V, 1, RC, H17 E, I7CD D, S, R L8H, MA, E, R2 C, C M, A, G, 9, A H1, 9 E, W Q, I F R, F, 0 LT, R, H4, C, V, E Z P, 4 6, 1, G T D, M, P T4, P O0, S 6, S, V D, I6K4, P5 P

All lower case letter: (245)
eyketsoa, icineccans, rh*aamt*, olo*q*xal, a*non*t, ieso, iypuloe, tnlhbo*lar, *n, anls, typrrh*u, utlnsi, cemoiec, iein i, seedte, rle*es, ar*eha, iie*ls, e*ti, xstf*u, a *, u d*c, ba*aaata, lt*ui, *r*se*a, ir*na, *rrno, i*tealaae, ohrierisi, tord, *miema, oa*ufnx*r, h*iim, w *un, y*w*s, ea, bsuoib, alt, mei, o*oinar, iuui, it*catsai, *umsnkpe, mun*iti*o, diou, pa, ****r, nua, **lyt*e

eyketsoa
icineccans
rhaamt
oloqxal
anont
ieso
iypuloe
tnlhbolar
n
anls
typrrhu
utlnsi
cemoiec
iein i
seedte
rlees
areha
iiels
eti
xstfu
a
u dc
baaaata
ltui
rsea
irna
rrno
itealaae
ohrierisi
tord
miema
oaufnxr
hiim
w un
yws
ea
bsuoib
alt
mei
ooinar
iuui
itcatsai
umsnkpe
munitio
diou
pa
r
nua
lyte

eyketsoaicineccansrhaamtoloqxalanontiesoiypuloetnlhbolarnanlstyprrhuutlnsicemoiecieiniseedterleesarehaiielsetixstfuaudcbaaaataltuirseairnarrnoitealaaeohrierisitordmiemaoaufnxrhiimwunywseabsuoibaltmeiooinariuuiitcatsaiumsnkpemunitiodiouparnualyte
Independent capitals: (40)
R E, A V, E, D, S, R H, E, C, C M, A, G, A, E, W Q, I F R, F, R, C, V, E Z P, G T D, M, P, P, S, S, V D, P

All capitals: (61)
T7 C7, R E, A V, 1, RC, H17 E, I7CD D, S, R L8H, MA, E, R2 C, C M, A, G, 9, A H1, 9 E, W Q, I F R, F, 0 LT, R, H4, C, V, E Z P, 4 6, 1, G T D, M, P T4, P O0, S 6, S, V D, I6K4, P5 P

T# C#, R E, A V, #, RC, H## E, I#CD D, S, R L#H, MA, E, R# C, C M, A, G, #, A H#, # E, W Q, I F R, F, # LT, R, H#, C, V, E Z P, # #, #, G T D, M, P T#, P O#, S #, S, V D, I#K#, P# P

TCREAVRCHEICDDSRLHMAERCCMAGAHEWQIFRFLTRHCVEZPGTDMPTPOSSVDIKPP

Note: There is no independent O unless the O0 is not usable and can be safely separated. This means no SECTOR named sectors, assuming all capital letters are needed. In fact the only vowels are E and A in the independent Capitals list. There is also no REMEMBER in all capitals.

Independent numbers: (8-9)
1, 7?, 9, 9, 0, 4 6, 1, 6

All numbers: (21-22)
7 7, 1, 17, 7, 8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 4 6, 1, 4, 0, 6, 6 4, 5

Also, Sum is in one of the words: Sum snkpe

And, if you take out the numbers and Capital letters I think you get 245 characters. 328-61-22=245... Is that the same amount of characters in the poem? I just counted 220-232. This is closer to the correct count. Some lower letters going with the capitals could account for this difference. 13-25 extra characters. One short of the alphabet.

SOLILOQUY (9)

This(4) tapestry(8) holds(5) a(1) secret. (6-7)
Palimpsests(11) and(3) blueprints(10)
While(5) a(1) universe(8) unfolds.(7-8)
An(2) axis(4) of(2) dying(5) light(5) <-dying vs dieing
That(4) spins(5) in(2) the(3) black.(5-6)
But(3) alas(4) I(1) can(3) see(3)
Its(3) stars(5) are(3) locked.(6-7)
For(3) me,(2-3) Dyhia,(5-6)
I(1) fear(4) my(4) script(6) is(2) lost.(4-5)

“In(2-3) quoting(7) others,(6-7) we(2) cite(4) ourselves.”(9-11) —(1) Julio(5) Cortázar(8)

232 Characters. 9+13=22 Capital letters. 12 special characters(13 if you count the (a) in his last name.). 0 numbers. This leaves 198-197 lowercase letters.

List without numbers or capital letters!

eyketsoa(8)
icineccans(10)
rhaamt(6)
oloqxal(7)
anont(5)
ieso(4)
iypuloe(7)
tnlhbolar(9)
n(1)
anls(4)
typrrhu(7)
utlnsi(6)
cemoiec(7)
iein(4) i(1)
seedte(6)
rlees(5)
areha(5)
iiels(5)
eti(3)
xstfu(5)
a(1) ()
u(1) dc(2)
baaaata(7)
ltui(4)
rsea(4)
irna(4)
rrno(4)
itealaae(8)
ohrierisi(9)
tord(4)
miema(5)
oaufnxr(7)
hiim(4)
w(1) un(2)
yws(3)
ea(2)
bsuoib(6)
alt(3)
mei(3)
ooinar(6)
iuui(4)
itcatsai(8)
umsnkpe(7)
munitio(7)
diou(4)
pa(2)
r(1)
nua(3)
lyte(4)

245 characters (lowercase)

As stated there should still be 13-25(26) extra letters in there somewhere(Depending on special characters/punctuation). But how much better does that stack with the poem above?

It begins to match up:
#ofCharacters: (poem; list)
1 = 5; 6
2 = 4-6; 4
3 = 8-10; 5
4 = 7-8; 12
5 = 7-10; 6
6 = 1-6; 5
7 = 1-5; 8
8 = 3-4; 3
9 = 1-2; 2
10 = 1-2; 1
11 = 1-2; 0

The capital letters are likely supposed to remain in in some volume. This would correct the problem with no 11 in the list and other wrong number as it would shift them around more. But it helps demonstrate the basics of what is probably going on here.

Maybe take away based on fibonacci? 245 contains 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144,233,377. Only 12-14 values...(Although 23 digits max) 245-232 = 13. That is correct if you remove the 0 from the sequence.

How does a letter statistic count stack up now What letters should not be in there? The numbers count should give some idea as to which word counts are too high. I'm assuming at this point that the poem is in this list with extra stuff put in. I'm assuming we have to separate them and figure out the clues. I'm also assuming figuring out how the letters of the poem are rearanged or changed will also be a clue once seperated from the other characters potentially.

61 capital letters minus 22 leaves us with 39 capital letters outside of the poem. The capital letters in the poem do not match the capital letters in the list. This means a simple letter shift could be possible at this point. Maybe 13 shift or something simple. What shift amongst all capital letters would get the exact capital letters in the poem?

R, E, A, V, E, D, S, R, H, E, C, C, M, A, G, A, E, W, Q, F, R, F, R, C, V, E, Z, P, G, T, D, M, P, P, S, S, V, D, P. and T7, C7, H17, L8, R2, H1, H4, T4, O0, K4, P5.

13:

Poem contains:
SOLILOQUYTPWATBIIFDIIJC (23)

If that can be figured out then you can figure out which ones are not part of the poem and start to find how the poem was encrypted.

REAVEDSRHECCMAGAEWQFRFRCVEZPGTDMPPSSVDP and TCHLRHHTOKP (ignore the and equivalent in lowercase.)

1: QDZUDCRQGDBBLZFZDVPEQEQBUDYOFSCLOORRUCO zmc SBGKQGGSNJO
2: PCYTCBQPFCAAKYEYCUODPDPATCXNERBKNNQQTBN ylb RAFJPFFRMIN
3: OBXSBAPOEBZZJXDXBTNCOCOZSBWMDQAJMMPPSAM xka QZEIOEEQLHM
4: NAWRAZONDAYYIWCWASMBNBNYRAVLCPZILLOORZL wjz PYDHNDDPKGL
5: MZVQZYNMCZXXHVBVZRLAMAMXQZUKBOYHKKNNQYK viy OXCGMCCOJFK <-JFK conspiracy alert!!! 8p
6: LYUPYXMLBYWWGUAUYQKZLZLWPYTJANXGJJMMPXJ uhx NWBFLBBNIEJ
7: KXTOXWLKAXVVFTZTXPJYKYKVOXSIZMWFIILLOWI tgw MVAEKAAMHDI
8: JWSNWVKJZWUUESYSWOIXJXJUNWRHYLVEHHKKNVH sfv LUZDJZZLGCH
9: IVRMVUJIYVTTDRXRVNHWIWITMVQGXKUDGGJJMUG reu KTYCIYYKFBG
10:HUQLUTIHXUSSCQWQUMGVHVHSLUPFWJTCFFIILTF qdt JSXBHXXJEAF
11:GTPKTSHGWTRRBPVPTLFUGUGRKTOEVISBEEHHKSE pcs IRWAGWWIDZE
12:FSOJSRGFVSQQAOUOSKETFTFQJSNDUHRADDGGJRD obr HQVZFVVHCYD
13:ERNIRQFEURPPZNTNRJDSESEPIRMCTGQZCCFFIQC naq GPUYEUUGBXC
14:DQMHQPEDTQOOYMSMQICRDRDOHQLBSFPYBBEEHPB mzp FOTXDTTFAWB
15:CPLGPODCSPNNXLRLPHBQCQCNGPKAREOXAADDGOA lyo ENSWCSSEZVA
16:BOKFONCBROMMWKQKOGAPBPBMFOJZQDNWZZCCFNZ kxn DMRVBRRDYUZ
17:ANJENMBAQNLLVJPJNFZOAOALENIYPCMVYYBBEMY jwm CLQUAQQCXTY
18:ZMIDMLAZPMKKUIOIMEYNZNZKDMHXOBLUXXAADLX ivl BKPTZPPBWSX
19:YLHCLKZYOLJJTHNHLDXMYMYJCLGWNAKTWWZZCKW huk AJOSYOOAVRW
20:XKGBKJYXNKIISGMGKCWLXLXIBKFVMZJSVVYYBJV gtj ZINRXNNZUQV
21:WJFAJIXWMJHHRFLFJBVKWKWHAJEULYIRUUXXAIU fsi YHMQWMMYTPU
22:VIEZIHWVLIGGQEKEIAUJVJVGZIDTKXHQTTWWZHT erh XGLPVLLXSOT
23:UHDYHGVUKHFFPDJDHZTIUIUFYHCSJWGPSSVVYGS dqg WFKOUKKWRNS
24:TGCXGFUTJGEEOCICGYSHTHTEXGBRIVFORRUUXFR cpf VEJNTJJVQMR

25:SFBWFETSIFDDNBHBFXRGSGSDWFAQHUENQQTTWEQ boe UDIMSIIUPLQ

SIQUYOOLL PWABFDJCTTIIII

Poem contains:
SOLILOQUY TPWATBIIFDIIJC (23)

Nothing even contains SOLILOQUY. And none of them contain the other complete character set either..

I was going to do all this by hand, but then remember I can do it online more easily.

What is odd is that the word SOLILOQUY Does not exist in the native capital letters as it does in the poem. It also does not exist in any number shift of the capital letters. This means something more complicated must be going on. Or maybe the numbers need to be thrown in with the capital letters. Either way, SOLILOQUY being in all caps is probably the key to figuring this out. Find it and we will have a huge chunk of the puzzle out of the way. it allows us to work with a much smaller subset to find it and decrypt the puzzle.

My other question is if the entire poem and extra info were encrypted together or separately and then combined. There could be multiple ways to figure this out. Separate then decrypt. Or decrypt then separate.

There is also the possibility that the poem was encrypted but the extra data wasn't. Or it's encrypted in a seperate way. If we can find SOLILOQUY and potentially apply it to the entire text we migtht be able to find the poem characters and seperate them. At which point you can see if the extra characters make sense of they have to be reverted back to there original given form and decrytped or rearanged in a different manner.

Last edited:
I was just thinking something along this line.

rhT7aamtC7 = ram tah T7 C7
r + 4 + 2 = ram +1 = t - 2 - 4 = tah...

Or:
r+5+1 = ram +1 = t -3-3 = tah

Or If you remove the T7C7 first:
r+2+2+1=t-2-2= ram tah
r+3+1+1=t-3-1= ram tah

Or it could.

eyketsoa

1+4+2+1-2-4
eto asy ke

1+5+1+1-3-3
eso aty ke

e+2+2+1=t-2-2= ekt sey oa
e+3+1+1=t-3-1= eet sky oa

What if the letters and numbers combined are meant to stay that way. T7 and C7 could be the XX-X T7-# and XX-X C7-#. It could simplify this fast if we can pull out numbers from a system coordinate.

T7, C7, H17, L8, R2, H1, H4, T4, O0, K4, P5.(11 capital letters and 11-12 numbers) That means we could be dealing with up to 11 system names.

RC, CD, MA, LT (2x4=8)and up to 4 via this logic. Assuming the letters can only be system names if they are already clumped together in the text.

How many of those combos can be a viable system name in game? 'RA'-X 'T7'-# etc. I think only so many letter combos exist don't they. Or are all four viable coordinates?

Independent capitals: (39)
R, E, A, V, E, D, S, R, H, E, C, C, M, A, G, A, E, W, Q, F, R, F, R, C, V, E, Z, P, G, T, D, M, P, P, S, S, V, D, P.

Note: There is no independent O unless the O0 is not usable and can be safely separated. This means no SECTOR named sectors, assuming all capital letters are needed. In fact the only vowels are E and A in the independent Capitals list. There is also no REMEMBER in all capitals.

Independent numbers:
1, 7, 9, 9, 0, 4, 6, 1, 6, 6

All numbers:
7 7, 1, 1 7, 7, 8, 2, 9, 1, 9, 0, 4, 4 6, 1, 4, 0, 6, 6 4, 5

Also, Sum is in one of the words: Sum snkpe

And, if you take out the numbers and Capital letters I think you get 248 characters. 328-58-22=248... Is that the same amount of characters in the poem? I just counted 226.Edit: 222-233. This is closer to the correct count. Some lower letters going with the capitals could account for this difference. 22 extra characters.Edit: 15-26. Oddly the same ammount as the total digits. Although potentially the same as the alphabet...

How does a letter statistic count stack up now What letters should not be in there? The numbers count should give some idea as to which word counts are too high. I'm assuming at this point that the poem is in this list with extra stuff put in. I'm assuming we have to separate them and figure out the clues. I'm also assuming figuring out how the letters of the poem are rearanged or changed will also be a clue once seperated from the other characters potentially.

58 capital letters minus 23 leaves us with 35 capital letters outside of the poem. The capital letters in the poem do not match the capital letters in the list. This means a simple letter shift could be possible at this point. Maybe 13 shift or something simple. What shift amongst all capital letters would get the exact capital letters in the poem?

R, E, A, V, E, D, S, R, H, E, C, C, M, A, G, A, E, W, Q, F, R, F, R, C, V, E, Z, P, G, T, D, M, P, P, S, S, V, D, P. and T7, C7, H17, L8, R2, H1, H4, T4, O0, K4, P5.

13:

Poem contains:
SOLILOQUYTPWATBIIFDIIJC (23)

If that can be figured out then you can figure out which ones are not part of the poem and start to find how the poem was encrypted.

what is odd is that the word SOLILOQUY Does not exist in the native capital letters as it does in the poem. It also does not exist in any number shift of the capital letters. This means something more complicated must be going on. Or maybe the numbers need to be thrown in with the capital letters. Either way, SOLILOQUY being in all caps is probably the key to figuring this out. Find it and we will have a huge chunk of the puzzle out of the way. it allows us to work with a much smaller subset to find it and decrypt the puzzle.

My other question is if the entire poem and extra info were encrypted together or separately and then combined. There could be multiple ways to figure this out. Separate then decrypt. Or decrypt then separate.

There is also the possibility that the poem was encrypted but the extra data wasn't. Or it's encrypted in a seperate way. If we can find SOLILOQUY and potentially apply it to the entire text we migtht be able to find the poem characters and seperate them. At which point you can see if the extra characters make sense of they have to be reverted back to there original given form and decrytped or rearanged in a different manner.

Or, we're overthinking it. Anytime I get long chains of letters/numbers I remember the movie Pi (by Aronofsky). Madness lies that way.

If we assume I'm correct then we can assume how many numbers and letters there are for the non poem information.

*including punctuation characters
328 - 232* or 220 = 96* - 108 characters. 58 - 23 = 35 Capital Letters. And if we assume numbers are not translated into punctuation: 21 - 22 numbers. If we assume some are punctuation: (21 or 22) - 12 = 9 or 10 numbers.

If we assume 4 system names. That takes a minimum of 12 capital letters in the XX-X X Portion. If we assume numbers are clumped that uses 4-8 numbers. N0t sure if dashes would be needed or converted. If they are a minimum of 4. That also means there needs to be that many repeats. if it converts in simple manner.

That leaves at maximum 90 characters for the system names and any wording.. At minimum that leaves 66 and potentially too few numbers to convert to dashes/punctuation. That averages 90/4=22.5 and 66/4=16.5 which leaves too many for only system names. So, that means there must be some text involved.

If there is text and 4 system names that leave at most 19 capital letters outside of the coordinate part. 19/4 = 4.75 for sector name and left over numbers.. or if only starting letter is capital 19-4=15 maximum words besides sector names assuming 4. If we assume the larger amount of number from no punctuation conversion from numbers we can have something like:

XX #### Sector XX-X X#(-#)

35 - 21 = 14 capital letters/words
21 - 24 = -3 numbers
Note: If they are all special systems with no last number:
21 - 20 = 1 numbers remaining. This leaves 1 or two systems with a final number. Or a planet name.
108(96) - 20 = 88(76) lowercase characters potentially.
This could mean there are similarly up to 14 lines of text.(if one capital is at the start of each line.) So, no more than:
88 / 14 = 6.285714286 average lowercase characters per line or 88+14 = 102/14 = 7.285714286 average characters per line.
76 / 14 = 5.428571429 average lowercase characters per line or 76+14 = 90/14 = 6.428571429 average characters per line.

More if it's not consisting of those types of sector names. In which case what do you do with the extra numbers..

That is assuming a lot though.

Or, we're overthinking it. Anytime I get long chains of letters/numbers I remember the movie Pi (by Aronofsky). Madness lies that way.

This part can't be overthinking it as it's simpler than any potential cipher. And given he gave the poem out as a clue and the palimpsests word it's likely correct on some level.

so·lil·o·quy
/səˈliləkwē/
noun
noun: soliloquy; plural noun: soliloquies
  1. an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself or regardless of any hearers, especially by a character in a play.
    "Edmund ends the scene as he had begun it, with a soliloquy"
    synonyms:monologue, speech, address, lecture, oration, sermon, homily, stand-up, aside; More
    dramatic monologue, interior monologue;
    informalspiel
    "Viola ends the scene with a soliloquy"
    antonyms:dialogue
    • a part of a play involving a soliloquy.
      "in the opening soliloquy he declares his true intent"

You don't think it's in regards to the initiative stuff going on. A palimpsests could be describing the clue. The blueprints could mean new or existing guardian tech.

Although with the it's stars are locked it would make me think something like col 70 sector. It says stars not star. Maybe we are looking for a description of locked systems. Maybe the name of the locked sectors.

Is it possible the 4 system names(assuming) are the ones we got to choose in phase one of the initiative?! (NVM, there were 5 to choose from.)

It all fits potentially.

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5

That is 20 digits total. Pretty close.

Last edited:
Cool! Did he say anything about the nature of the solution? Or the answer? 8d

is all I know of. Perhaps RL got in-between.

O7,
🙃

You don't think it's in regards to the initiative stuff going on. A palimpsests could be describing the clue. The blueprints could mean new or existing guardian tech.

Although with the it's stars are locked it would make me think something like col 70 sector. It says stars not star. Maybe we are looking for a description of locked systems. Maybe the name of the locked sectors.

Is it possible the 4 system names(assuming) are the ones we got to choose in phase one of the initiative?! (NVM, there were 5 to choose from.)

It all fits potentially.

• IC 2391 Sector FL-X b1-7
  • Synuefe IL-N C23-19
  • Synuefe EN-H d11-96
  • Synuefe GT-H b43-1
  • Synuefe PF-E b45-5
That is 20 digits total. Pretty close.

Drew Wagar already mention that this had nothing to do with the initiative ( Bridging the Gap) in one of his tweets.

Source: https://twitter.com/drewwagar/status/1122892776952168448

Mach10 talked about palimpsests and blueprints like in the Iron Man movie, so my guess would be 3D (several layers stacked vertically) instead of alternating rows on a piece of paper. Numbers that appear in the text are 012 456789, so I'd guess 8 layers on top of the base.

Sort of like this:
View attachment 130893

Anyway...

I didn't think of that. What if the layering is based on fibonacci.

Here is the console output from my frequency analysis java class. It has character counts as well. Figured I share it because... Why not? [Apparently total characters was concatenated as a string, the answer is 585 not 24561

Attachments

• Character-Frequency-Drew-Cipher-ALL-Metrics.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 195
Drew gave it away with this:

“In quoting others, we cite ourselves.” — Julio Cortázar

Yep, that was out of context somehow, but I couldn't make sense of it initially (had to look up Cortazar tbh) and later didn't return.

Anyway, as you were either smarter or more stubborn than us, any news on when and where you will share the results? So that we can put this case to rest, in awe ofc ;)

O7,
🙃

Top Bottom