Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

Someone care to check me on this?
#'s = characters until next number...combining rows that fit mathematically....
7 chars, 7 chars, 4 chars, 5 chars
7nEaamtC7ohrierH4isiP5lytPe

Excuse my ignorance (no clue on solving puzzles!), where does that line come from? It's not from the image in the op.....
And doesn't # mean numbers?😳

Probably beyond me since I don't understand crypto much. I just copied what @Forceshild did. The numbers probably indicate a key in https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposition_cipher

Or its as someone said earlier, you need to do a second step to jump the words back and forth in a pattern dictated by the numbers? in a hopscotch manner perhaps?

In your post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ember-salome-text-cyphers.510438/post-7942779 you said “I got it working finally.”

I read that as meaning you’d solved the puzzle.
Not getting at you, I’m no cryptographer either, but I was a FRifter and am keen to see the solution since it is supposed to detail the clues we missed.

Last edited:
Someone care to check me on this?
#'s = characters until next number...combining rows that fit mathematically....
7 chars, 7 chars, 4 chars, 5 chars
7nEaamtC7ohrierH4isiP5lytPe

That looks plausible...but...what should I do with it. I am curios: I am still guessing, that you have to use the ciphertext in columns and try to solve them. But you said, you used the little application, where the ciphertext is used not in columns, but as sentence. And you found solutions.

So: I guess you separated the sentence in words, using the numbers as separators and encrypted every word? True? What Key did you use? Alphabets? Words like "Remember"? Numbers? Fibonacci-Numbers?

PS: I counted the characters in the sentence between the numbers (spaces included): 21 5 16 22 6 27 23 24 6 26 22 24 1 5 25 5 16 24 1 5 5; which means, there is a max of 26 letters (the longest ones have no space filled within); what does that mean?

Seeing it "column-wise" you get a maximum of 11 characters (see my sheet above).

Last edited:
In your post https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ember-salome-text-cyphers.510438/post-7942779 you said “I got it working finally.”

I read that as meaning you’d solved the puzzle.
Not getting at you, I’m no cryptographer wither, but I was a FRifter and am keen to see the solution since it is supposed to detail the clues we missed.
Lol no. I was referring to the Cryptocrack. I had downloaded and installed Cryptocrack but moved the folders for the language pack and dictionary so I wasn't getting the correct results. Finally figured what went wrong and got the same result as Forceshild. Edited the forum reply subsequently which initially said I couldn't find the same result and could someone else verify.

Anyway its Forceshild' solution and it seems to be along the right track.

Last edited:
I found out, that the website before is not working correct on the length of the columns. This one seems to work.

this is what I got:

interesting: arkd = dark (wheel) and bcluadynesty = club dynasty..

wait...this went with 7 keylength. It must be 11. Still calculating...

Last edited:
keylength 11 seems to be too long for the website...damn...

but: makes no difference between sentence or columns. It simply analyzes all characters I suppose. Then: excluding known words should find the remaining ones, right?

Last edited:
another try...by subtracting the Soliloqui from the Cipertext...this is the leftover: 77q117782919WQ04Z46w1w406645 which is without numbers: qWQZww

is that the leftover? I am going nuts...

while doing a ROT 25, this is the leftover: rXRAxx

probably a little mistake in the system...

BUT: imagine...Drew simply added the word RAXXLA to his SOLILOQUI and scrambled it. And now he is laughing his a*** off ....;-)

Last edited:
I found out, that the website before is not working correct on the length of the columns. This one seems to work.

this is what I got:

View attachment 140140

interesting: arkd = dark (wheel) and bcluadynesty = club dynasty..

wait...this went with 7 keylength. It must be 11. Still calculating...
Looks like there's references to Drew's Oolite novellas: Status Quo, Mutabilis, Incursio & Finis and the E: D novel Reclamation - somewhat scrambled right after Dark Wheel.

Last edited:
Looks like there's references to Drew's Oolite novellas: Status quo, Mutabilis, Incursio & Finis and the E: D novel Reclamation - somewhat scrambled right after Dark Wheel.

Very nice. And the capitalization in the original picture corresponds to the capitalization of the book titles. I think we are close now.

pettrys tapestry?
arkdwheel darkwheel
status status quo
mbutasili mutabilis
uincors incursio
iifins finis
breaecc rebecca
lrectamaion reclamation

pmris prism

eferinc refine?

htaltorh Hathor? Egyptian Goddess

apriaonemioitolnc premonition

ntioaisl tionisla
rreoite reorte
ruedquatei riedquat

lexiamataalseracolaahentreosienaesviratshriuiremscssieonchiktaypocperiumdilu (not yet deciphered)

veonmmevilties seven veils

ntmeliaahdotboaiodexrius (not yet deciphered) Maybe the word abandoned can be extracted?

coftlunfapxg conflux? The Conflux

razura zurara Syreadiae JX-F c0 (Zurara)

hinkpuerhdanianuiclamhipwbclua (not yet deciphered)

dynstya dynasty
edp
gateway gateway

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: ASC
If this is getting somewhere, there are words and game names potentially in an unscrambled sense. Ram Tah is in the first few words.

rhT7aamtC7 = ram tah (T7 C7)

Maybe the letter shifting of some words is part of the means to stop brute force attacks.

Only problem is if it is the case then it could be doubleing up words as that is part of where the word arkd wheel is hidden. So, that would make it fluff or a potential multi level puzzle.

BTW, is this actually close to being solved or is this another joke again?!

Edit: And there is an, "a", before dynesty also that could be used. So, there are two ways to make that word.

"pettrys" could also be something like, "pretty". No idea if there are any correlations to books or lore. I'm assuming prettys is not a reference to the witch in the wizard of oz who calls the monkies, "my pretties."

8) "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!" was No 99.

Last edited:
If it isn't going anywhere, that would be a lot of coincidence. :LOL:
Figuring out how it all relates to solving the puzzle would be the next step. There has to be some logical way to reorganize the cipher text.
I feel like the spaces may have something to do with it. Maybe they indicate start/end points, or they could be places where letters are missing. J and 3 are missing from the cipher text completely, although it is normal for J to be missing in certain ciphers.

I was thinking about Drew's comment that he's "pretty confident" that brute force won't work. If J was paired with a consonant instead of a vowel, it could make most patterns that would be picked up as words unnoticeable. :unsure:

Yep, the number 3 and several letters.
x = in cypher, - = not in cypher
abcdefghijklm11opqrstuvwxyz
xxxxxx-xx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxx-
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
x-xxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xx--x

Top Bottom