UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If MB says something is testable then he probably wants us to test it.
Unfortunately it's still not quite clear what exactly we should test?

1) The diagram in the UP may not point to merope
2) The UA may be more advanced than the UP
3) The UP could be a probe looking for something, possibly in the UA area.

That is what I took from it.

I just feel it worth pointing out how much this relates to Dr. Arcanonn:

"The others go with him as free companions, to help him on his way. You may tarry, or come back or turn aside in other paths, as chance allows. The further you go, the less easy it will be to withdraw; yet no oath or bond is laid on you to go further than you will. For you do not yet know the strength of your hearts, and you cannot forsee what each may meet upon the road."

Awesomesauce.

I defend my right to use this 'youth speak' on the grounds that it is entirely accurate.

Breaking news: Wingmate CMDR AFTERGLOW: UA found on the opposite site of the "shell":
*correction: Did overlook it in the first scan of the google sheet - sorry*

Hind%20Sector%20ZQ-L%20b8-0%20%2820160726-211902%29.jpg

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, has anyone run the UP sound through a 3D spectrograph?

You mean make a height map from the amplitude component? If so I dont think it'd reveal much since the amplitude of the pulses is fairly constant. There's probably no additional info in the image, we just need to interpret what we have.

"The UA transmission is its purpose".
Didn't we get more than one kind of transmission from the UA?
Could it be that the signals we have thus far been able to take from the UA, are not the one we're looking for?

I took a listen to the "morse" it's pretty ropey, not properly formed "square" morse.
because the spacing of the characters is off you can actually write it in different ways,
but I got this:-
EFDEESEER
an F in morse is ..-. But if you listen to the second character, you get a shaky F.
ill try it with a different ear...

Thank you!! Curiosity partially satisfied.

Here are some images from a high fidelity analysis I ran on the UP audio:

Full:

8fe080d058344dc6b4c00529a827cf33.png

Just the data section:

965f890786694c358e9d859c65bc790e.png

Close up on the map (notice the shadowed map?)

ANkAKD7.jpg

Some things I noticed right away:

1. There is definitely a grid pattern, thus this is one of two things: A planetary map or a map showing the galaxy map grid. Either way, this is a key. We are meant to use it as a reference to unlock something else.
  2. As mentioned, there are definitely shadow diagrams that are very faint. These could indicate, perhaps, that we are dealing with binary planets, or binary somethings.
  3. The arcs leading into and away from the main message appear to be part of a much larger circle. Infact, it almost looks like either the small angle marked on the bottom left of the circle, or it could be the 90 degree sweep on the top left. Either way, what if we are only looking at 1/4 of the data, or even less. Perhaps this is just a KEY to open the rest of the information contained in either the UP or the UA?

Food for thought :)

Given MBs recent tips, I think we should prioritise all experiments (from the excel sheet on the front page) that involve both a UA and a UP.
Also, as someone suggested a few pages back that components of the UP audio (success/failure) may vary depending on the location, I am really curious how location would affect those experiments...

I have an astronomics question for any who may know.

The System Map shows Merope 5c having an Orbital Eccentricity of 0.00... presumably a circular orbit?

If the orbit is circular, why is the Argument of Periapsis given as 138.xx degrees? Does this not indicate a non-circular orbit?

And in such case, then I can see an argument for interpreting the UP coded circle graphic as offering a clue based on the time.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom