UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In a way I was hoping that they'd add a synthesis improvement ability to scanners, much like how they've added the them for FSD, Reload AMMO, SRV Fuel, etc.

Its like Im already expecting Raxxla to exist, and only be accessable at a 60+LY jump range where we'll need to boost our FSDs by 100%

That would be cool too. I want do what this guy does in this video to find some creepy hidden alien world.

I feel MB would agree...

1927658_716469081825000_4802407670137519003_n.jpg

Last edited:
I know your post was a joke/bribe, but that doesn't mean he didn't take it as an opportunity to inject some obscure hint. My knee-jerk reaction when I read MB's response was that it was just fluff. But the longer I think about it, the more I think it's not. Now, if he comes in here and says explicitly it was just fluff, then fine, you can all laugh at me. Perhaps he is laughing at me right now. But until then, I'm not going to assume anything. It doesn't matter if what's going to happen is already written or not. I believe that in order for the story to advance, something needs to be triggered by the players. MB wants this to happen too, which is why he's been nudging us along. Think, it was kind of a long time between your joke and his response, and why would he have a reason to mention "every street corner"? I'm not bashing Rizal at all. I just think that at this point, we can't be sure of anything.

Nah, I wouldn't laugh at you for proposing your ideas. They're good ideas, and it's clear that you want to be and are involved, but some things are nothing more then simple conjecture and banter. Michael really likes Cthulhu and believes a statue to Cthulhu should be on every street corner, but Michael didn't place the barnacles. I guess the question you should be asking is who did place the barnacles? Maybe it's their "elder-god" that you should be asking about.

NecoMachina

N
Whoa! :):):) is that?!? My first thoughtn is some sort of capital ship? Where did you find the pic, and what was the context?

enhance....enhance...looks like wreckage

Ahh, yeah. You are probably right. Had me seriously freaked out for a second though. Still, that appears to be some pretty big wreckage. I plan on spending some time in-system tonight (if I get a chance). See if I can find anything else. I didn't take this screenshot, just found it online so not sure of the details.

Concering the comparism with CGs and tiers, and the huge effort to trigger them: Thought the same already.

So if the milage of all CMDRs reaches 1 mil (?) it triggers the Barnacles to appear, I guess.

If I would be the marketing / investor relation departement of FD, I had done it that way, being able to state 'Horizons is a huge success, over a million km driven so far..." :)
But who am I to tell...

If this was true it would be like giving a placebo to a sick man, while holding the real medicine behind your back...

cmdr log

last night was a tedious endevor. after reviewing comments made by the big M, i decided that i would move on from searching Merope to Maia. Never have i felt such a level of defeat as i search its many moons and planets. The first one iv decided to start on is the planet that Obsidian orbital, orbits around.(sorry can not remember the name currently). From space, this planet looks as if it is covered in barnacles with its greenish grey hew. It has many a crator and many a mountain. At the very least i figured it would be a fun planet to explore. boy was a wrong. The continued malfunction of my rovers forward propultion made navigating the mountanous bumpy region of this planet very difficult (and not smoking a cigarette for the entire 6 hour search because it finally started snowing yesterday just added to my heated fury).

now i found 3 things of note about this planet. 1 good and two bad. i will start with the first.

-the good-

this planet seems to have a lot of easily found bases. because they have defense turrets, i opted to approach via rover. easily taken care of. one of these bases was a data point. another was a mining site. a 3rd had no turrets but was a crashed nav beacon. i love finding these in the hopes that i will find something to bring back with me.

-the bad-

where do i begin.
most of my searching on this particular planet, due to its bumpy nature and previously read comments, was done via ship at very low altitude. id say under 100m. This was simply enough as i keep a relativly low speed, but higher then a rover. the first problem iv encountered is this planet it riddled with huge rocks that spawn way way way before the very small rocks that generally spawn at very low altitudes (say 5m for arguments sake). However, when they first pop up within view they appear strange. almost ship like or alien like. as i approach them (and keep in mind im finding 100s of these every time im out) they "snap" into position. Now that in and of itself isnt so bad, however it is very distracting. when i see something move in that manner i automatically think it is something of note, however these are nothing of note. non scan-able, and not all that interesting to look at. Sometimes the snap happens at a very far distance (100m) other times iv seen them snap at 10m. this also does not appear to be dependent on the size of the rock either. To put it in perspective, iv come across many a triangular looking rock that was essentially floating on its point. once i got close enough it snapped and laid down the way you would think a rock would be laying. So the thought process is im looking for angular things, see that, go towards it, then it snaps disappointing me. this happened dozens if not hundreds of times over the course of 6 hours. exhausting.

the second bad thing iv noticed with these mountainous regions and bases is that a lot of times when i find a base on a mountany region, they are not placed correctly. im not talking about they look crooked, im talking i can drive under the building and see its hollow shell.

i will continue my search in maia when i return home.

-end transmission-

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom