UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You End up right in the Unknown Permit Systems in Col 70.
Maybe we should Focus on this Area.

And there is one more Oddity.
TRAPEZIUM Sector AF-Z 05

So, quick Q: You sure about the spelling of that system? I don't get any hits for that particular one.

Secondly... something that's crossed my mind.. we've all wondered what the barnacle logo means... all the systems that are now permit-locked around barnard's loop. If you include HorseHead nebula in that,, I wonder what shape all those locked systems would make when combined. There's a couple narrow gaps in the logo, just like the gap near the Witch Head nebula through the nearby COL sector

So, quick Q: You sure about the spelling of that system? I don't get any hits for that particular one.

Secondly... something that's crossed my mind.. we've all wondered what the barnacle logo means... all the systems that are now permit-locked around barnard's loop. If you include HorseHead nebula in that,, I wonder what shape all those locked systems would make when combined. There's a couple narrow gaps in the logo , just like the gap near the Witch Head nebula through the nearby COL sector

So what your saying is... those gaps on the logo are "gates" through the locked sectors?

I still stick by my original claim: I never intended any harm to Jaques ;)

Oh yeah. Your ship internals are literally soup with that many, even if you constantly pop in to Arietis 49 for repairs.

It's not that simple. 25 UAs are already ripping holes in your FSD and Powerplant,,, no amount of AMFUs can keep up with the smashing your internals are getting.

Below 75% in either of these modules can cause spontaneous failure, which causes more damage. You can't repair PP/FSD/Thrusters without being in SC either, which cuts your search time also.

Oh yeah, these two work so very well together.

Can I turn your internals into soup without intending harm?

So what your saying is... those gaps on the logo are "gates" through the locked sectors?

It would be a bit "retcon" what with the region permits not correctly working, but it's been bugging me a bit. I have no idea what it could mean though. I mean, we know how to get into Barnard's Loop already, that much isn't really new, and nobody has found anything in there yet. But it feels like it could fit.

Thats like saying "No officer! did not mean to make that building blow up by putting an unknown material that we know nothing about in that building.
But we do know some stuff about them, like that their self repair function cannibalises ships and stations...

Also if we don't find and innoculate Jacques station soon those UA's will most likely tear that station apart.

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder if UA's scan the ship wrecks in those decoded/encoded sites? Could possibly lead to a clue since most of them are either just a data point or a couple messages!
(Edit: my reasoning for this is that it scans our ships and if objects count as "Ships" it could work)(Guess its time for me to grind for that sirius permit!)

Last edited:
Well they could probably just throw them away in space to prevent further damage I guess. That's if they are smart.
At least they can perform the experiment I wanted to..

To see if 200 UA's degrading simultaneously causes a hole in the space-time continuum.

Hmm wait at Merope for the UA's Morse signal to arrive?
...should ping which system.

Last edited:
At least they can perform the experiment I wanted to..

To see if 200 UA's degrading simultaneously causes a hole in the space-time continuum.

Yes! That must be the first thing that crossed their minds. Oh... We are going to die! There are 200 UAs on board causing all kind of malfunctions... Lets check if all of them degrading will rip a hole in the space-time continuum... That will sure end well!

Yes! That must be the first thing that crossed their minds. Oh... We are going to die! There are 200 UAs on board causing all kind of malfunctions... Lets check if all of them degrading will rip a hole in the space-time continuum... That will sure end well!
I honestly meant by tossing them outside at the same time.

Still, checking for the morse arrival is probably the most reliable lead atm.
I wonder if the armada of battleships there will decide to show the slightest token assistance by passing on any related signals...

Last edited:
It's been said several times that the technology behind our jumps, cap ship jumps, and station jumps are the same. The only reason why cap ship jumps look different is because of how massive they are.

All in all, we're on to something. One would think there should be a reason why UA resistant cargo racks are in game, apart from just being able to carry them around. I think my previous theory still holds water - we have to jump as far as possible with a UA in the cargo hold which would require a fully modified FSD and maybe some jumponium for the extra push. Unfortunately I'm no where near a level 5 FSD.

IIRC Palin's cargo racks are "corrosion" resistant, not specifically listed as UA resistant, although the description might mention UAs. Makes me wonder if the unknown probes are something that can be transported as well. Maybe they cause some kind of corrosion but they are found extremely far from the bubble and you *have* to have one of these special cargo racks to bring it back to the bubble. Or you need to bring a UA to the UP.

So, this is what I came up with after a brief *2D* scan.

xRFALDk.png

The regions fit surprisingly well. What *doesn't* work is the Col 69 Sector, which pretty much covers the entire right-arm of the logo. However, the region shapes seem to "lock in" fairly well. It's really hard to get any meaningful shape to show on the galmap unfortunately.

I only back myself up with about 20% confidence. It's been sitting at the back of my head for a while now, but if it is meaningful, I can't make heads or tails of it.

Is there perhaps some 3rd party site with a map like EDDB that highlights systems which match a search term?

Last edited:
Would it help to go into the galaxy map and bookmark all permit systems so that you could view them all at the same time from within the galaxy map? Is that even possible, or is there too many of them?

Just going back to a comment either last page or before: we can now carry UAs without worrying about corrosion...

Anyone doing that?

And then: anyone with a hefty, engineer-boosted, and jumponium-enhanced jump range tried it?

Not saying 'misjump' but, well: misjump?

Just going back to a comment either last page or before: we can now carry UAs without worrying about corrosion...

Anyone doing that?

And then: anyone with a hefty, engineer-boosted, and jumponium-enhanced jump range tried it?

Not saying 'misjump' but, well: misjump?

How does one get those new racks? (that sounded better in my head)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom