Ungulate Talk

I see the European Bison kinda the same as the Blue wildebeest. Perhaps not really essential or needed, but a fun addition non the less :) I would happily have it in my Woodlands zoo.
It’s probably more like the American black bear. Not essential for a big zoo focussing on exotic animals but locally useful clone animal that truly fleshes out building local zoos

Last edited:
Ok, friends, The Wisent, Wild Boar, Saiga, and Takin have been added this time around!

What are your opinions on how ungulate representation is doing in each group?

Personally, I think Suids are complete with the boar, we still need one more caprine, and even though the wisent and saiga are great additions we still need more bovines and Asian antelopes.

What do you guys think?

Ok, friends, The Wisent, Wild Boar, Saiga, and Takin have been added this time around!

Personally, I think Suids are complete with the boar, we still need one more caprine, and even though the wisent and saiga are great additions we still need more bovines and Asian antelopes.

What do you guys think?
And, obviously, Asian deer. As I said before, we got antelopes, cows, donkeys, pigs, camels and even rhinos this year. We've got almost all the usual ungulates this year, but... Why can't there be a deer?

And, obviously, Asian deer. As I said before, we got antelopes, cows, donkeys, pigs, camels and even rhinos this year. We've got almost all the usual ungulates this year, but... Why can't there be a deer?
Oh yea, we definitely still need a Muntjac and a Musk Deer. I was just referencing the groups that had a change with this pack.

Let me provide some options.
下载 (3).jpg

下载 (4).jpg

下载 (5).jpg
下载 (7).jpg
下载 (10).jpg
下载 (151).jpg
下载 (161).jpg

I still think caprines are the most needed ungulates:
  • Markhor: I really want this nostalgia goat. They are so cool!
  • Bighorn Sheep: adds a warm weather caprine and one of NA's iconic two goats.
  • Musk Ox: If they don't add a tundra/polar pack I could see this as some kind of anniversary animal.
  • Also good: aoudad, tahr, serow, chamois, rocky mountain goat
Right behind them is deer:
  • Reeves's Muntjac: This is my favorite option for an ungulate, and it seems super unique
  • Marsh Deer and/or Pudu: South America ought to have a deer. Both are pretty good.
  • Wapiti (possibly also white tailed deer): They are pretty iconic for North America. Our elk are nearly as big as moose, more colorful than the red deer, and would add one of the most lovely calls to Planet Zoo's soundscape. A generic wapiti would also cover Asia. To a lesser extent, I would like to see the white tailed just because it's so well-known, and it can represent just about every biome except tundra. It also boosts South and Central America. It's a bit less exciting than the elk, though.
  • Also good: other small fanged deer from Asia like the water deer, musk deer, and other muntjacs; a large species or two from Asia like the sambar, Pere David's, or chital.
Then, I would wish for antelope:
  • Blackbuck: really essential antelope for Asia
  • Nilgai: good to pair with the blackbuck
  • Also good: Arabian oryx and as always, more variety picks from Africa might be nice eventually (not right now): Dik Dik, kudu, eland, hartebeest, gerenuk, etc.
Other bovids:
  • A tropical cow like the anoa, guar, or bateng would be nice but not necessary
Suids:
  • Can we please be done with wild pigs? I really think there are enough.
Oddballs: A wild SA camelid would be nice, I really want a Masai giraffe, another equid seems possible but not necessary.

Domestics: It feels like this should be a separate category, but a highland cow, African goat, Mediterranean donkey, Watusi cow, and a sheep would be nice if they go that route.

What do you guys think?
Your right the suids are complete. Other pigs would just be nice extras. Caprines could use some love, like; Markhor, snowy goat, musk ox, chamois etc.

Bovids are pretty complete too but new ones are always welcome, like; Banteng, Yak, Anoa,

Antelopes; I think basically asian ones like the Blackbuck, though that would be a good anniversary animal. Other antelopes from Africa are a welcome addition, like the Kudu, dikdik, eland etc.

Perhaps some more deers? Pere david? Chital? Elk? Musk deer? Muntjac? could work, and have a possibilty to come to the game.

In my opinion pigs are fine now, Same goes for Horses, Giraffes, Rhinos, Tapirs and Hippos.

Antelopes: Most important for me is to get the Dik Dik. It also would bring a Type of antelope to the Game we do Not have until now. Next Essential is the Blackbuck. Further a Gerenuk and Nilgai or Eland would be cool additions, too. The other popular Antelope is the Greater Kudu which would be an okay Pick If it would come to the Game. A species which grows more and more to my heart is the Red Hartebeest. It would be a cool and unexpected Addition.

Deers: I personally would Like to See one further small Deer, be it the Muntjac or the Pudu I do Not mind. Everything else is Not Essential to me.

Goats/Sheeps: Markhor and Musk Ox would be great. Aoudad a nice surprise. Not Essential to me but als Welcome would be the Mountain Goat or the Chamois.

Bovines: Nothing Essential for me. Gaur and/or Yak would be Welcome.

Camels: Alpaca would be somehow nice

The list of ungulates I want is probably at least 20 currently but my big five are:
  1. Wild Boar
  2. Reeve's Muntjac
  3. European Bison
  4. Blackbuck
  5. Collared Peccary
These five for me are absolutely essential, there's a lot more which I think would be really great additions to the game (including all my beloved caprines) but in terms of essential for me it is these five.
3 down, 2 to go 🎉

It is a shame all our deer are European.

Speaking for myself, in terms of ungulates I want (I won't say 'need');
  • Blackbuck.
  • Waterbuck.
  • Reeve's muntjac.
  • An Asian mountain goat (markhor, tahr, urial, etc.).
  • Barbary sheep.
  • A large Asian deer (chital, barasingha, Pere David's deer).

It is a shame all our deer are European.

Speaking for myself, in terms of ungulates I want (I won't say 'need');
  • Blackbuck.
  • Waterbuck.
  • Reeve's muntjac.
  • An Asian mountain goat (markhor, tahr, urial, etc.).
  • Barbary sheep.
  • A large Asian deer (chital, barasingha, Pere David's deer).
More and more people are aware of the "tragic plight" of Asian deer

We have 3 Asian deer and 2 North American ones... I guess you want a tropical deer?
MMHHHMMM... I'm a little embarrassed by the three species of Asian deer here. Well, if the European bison is an Asian bison (after all, the Caucasus once had a shadow of them), I'll accept that there are three species of Asian deer in the game.

MMHHHMMM... I'm a little embarrassed by the three species of Asian deer here. Well, if the European bison is an Asian bison (after all, the Caucasus once had a shadow of them), I'll accept that there are three species of Asian deer in the game.
I meant moose, reindeer and red deer. Don't get me wrong, I also would like to have a muntjac or Pere David deer, but complaining about all deer being European is a bit unfair in my opinion since they also live in other continents.

We have 3 Asian deer and 2 North American ones... I guess you want a tropical deer?

EDIT: and we have an African one too
I'm talking in terms of common association. Nobody associates the in-game deer with Asia (and especially with Africa - I'm doubtful many people outside of the small circle of nerds here has ever heard of the Barbary stag).

Top Bottom