Ungulate Talk

If I’m counting right this year we’ve got 11 ungulates with the anniversary animal.
This is nearly half of the total number of species we received in 2023.
I really hope that 2024 would be similar for our favorite group.

What are now the 10 ungulates we really need for the game?

1. Most wanted ungulate: Musk ox
  2. Iconic caprine: Markhor
  3. Asian antelope: Blackbuck
  4. Endemic Asian deer: Pere David’s deer
  5. Small deer: Tufted deer or muntjac
  6. Wild camelid from SA: Guanaco or Vicuña
  7. Large antelope: Kudu or Eland
  8. Small antelope: Dik-dik
  9. Unique antelope: Gerenuk or Bontebok
  10. Large Asian cattle: Yak or Gaur

Edit: I have forgotten the Barbary sheep - it would be great to have a warm climate caprine.
My take since nobody asked😅

• My most wanted ungulate: Blackbuck
  • Iconic caprines still missing: Musk ox, Markhor, Rocky Mountain goat, Chamois (in order of importance), desert Big horned sheep
  • Asían antelope: again, Blackbuck. I will not accept Nilgai instead of the blackbuck but i would gladly take both (like with wisent and takin just now)
  • Asian deer: my prefered choice: Chital. I need it for my Indian sections, but i like and appreciate Pere David's deer.
  • Small deer: Muntjac takes the priority, but i would love pudu.
  • Wild camelid: i really don't think we need another camelid from SA but if we do get one a wild one is better than the alpaca and the Guanaco is the one i prefer since is important for Patagonia and SA deserts. Vicuña looks very different from the llama though so i would not complain either.
  • Large antelope: greater kudu, my baby, still missing. Eland is cool and all but i prefer kudu.
  • Small antelope: dik-dik is cute and all, great for Children's zoo but a duiker would be more useful imo.
  • Ubique looking antelope: now that saiga is out of the way give me my gerenuk. Topi or Hartebeest are nice options as well.
  • Large asian cattle: gaur over yak everyday, but both are important.

Shout out to Impala and SA tapir who no one wants but me lol

My take since nobody asked😅

• My most wanted ungulate: Blackbuck
  • Iconic caprines still missing: Musk ox, Markhor, Rocky Mountain goat, Chamois (in order of importance), desert Big horned sheep
  • Asían antelope: again, Blackbuck. I will not accept Nilgai instead of the blackbuck but i would gladly take both (like with wisent and takin just now)
  • Asian deer: my prefered choice: Chital. I need it for my Indian sections, but i like and appreciate Pere David's deer.
  • Small deer: Muntjac takes the priority, but i would love pudu.
  • Wild camelid: i really don't think we need another camelid from SA but if we do get one a wild one is better than the alpaca and the Guanaco is the one i prefer since is important for Patagonia and SA deserts. Vicuña looks very different from the llama though so i would not complain either.
  • Large antelope: greater kudu, my baby, still missing. Eland is cool and all but i prefer kudu.
  • Small antelope: dik-dik is cute and all, great for Children's zoo but a duiker would be more useful imo.
  • Ubique looking antelope: now that saiga is out of the way give me my gerenuk. Topi or Hartebeest are nice options as well.
  • Large asian cattle: gaur over yak everyday, but both are important.

Shout out to Impala and SA tapir who no one wants but me lol
I would love to get Brazilian tapir since it’s so different than what we already have and extremely popular in zoos.
I wouldn’t mind impala. It’s beautiful.

If I’m counting right this year we’ve got 11 ungulates with the anniversary animal.

Edit: I have forgotten the Barbary sheep - it would be great to have a warm climate caprine.
This is Something I really would sign. These are probably the most important and popular ungulates from the Wishlist. To get T
These would round up the ungulates rooster very well. I think the Most important are a really small deer and a small antelope. But thats only my opinion.

Here is my list:
Cattle: wild yak, gaur;
Deer: PD deer, white-lipped deer, sika, sambar , Eld's deer,Visayan spotted deer;
Small Deer: Tufted deer, Reeve’s Muntjac;
Antelope: musk ox,blackbuck, eland, greater kudu,Chinese Goral;
Goats: markhor, tahr, Mountain Goat.
Horse/Donkey: Kiang, Asian wild ass.

If we had to pick 11, they would be:
wild yak, gaur,PD deer,white-lipped deer, sika, sambar,Tufted deer,musk ox,markhor,tahr,Kiang

This is Something I really would sign. These are probably the most important and popular ungulates from the Wishlist. To get T
These would round up the ungulates rooster very well. I think the Most important are a really small deer and a small antelope. But thats only my opinion.
You are right I totally forgot about them. I will edit the post and add dik dik and muntjac since they are most popular.

You are right I totally forgot about them. I will edit the post and add dik dik and muntjac since they are most popular.
But they both are already within your list. I Just wanted to Point Out that I would consider These two groups of ungulates as the ones we do not really have within the game.

Good list, perhaps, Chital? Though Pere Davids is more special in terms of conservation. Another deer species for Asia could be the Visayan spotted deer. I'm also more into the Yak now that we got the Takin in the latest pack. Perhaps a Mountain animal pack with the Tibetan Yak? Maybe? Fingers crossed!

Which of all these we mentioned you all think have a real chance of making it into the roster if we think we have just one more year or support?

I say musk ox, markhor, blackbuck.

Dear Frontier, if you will bless us with the cute little Reeves Muntjac, I will never ask for any more ungulates. Please. Just look at them. Pretty please?
1702561605020.jpeg
images

8U8FAIT.jpeg

Which of all these we mentioned you all think have a real chance of making it into the roster if we think we have just one more year or support?

I say musk ox, markhor, blackbuck.
One African antelope, Blackbuck and Markhor have big chances in my opinion. But the Rest also has chances. At the end I think everything depends which Packs are coming.

If we get another Asian deer, I'm really hoping for the Visaya Spotted deer. It's a deer which has a strong zoo presence, is highly endangered and would represent a completely new region.

If I had to make a top 10 now, it would be..

1. Musk ox
  2. Yak
  3. Bighorn sheep
  4. Mouflon
  5. Muntjac
  6. Nilgai
  7. Pudu
  8. Dikdik
  9. Pere David deer
  10. Eland
A miniature antelope and deer, a giant antelope, a swamp deer, fanged deer, Asian antelope, temperate sheep, desert sheep, cold weather cow, and Musk ox.
It's strange that I realized while making this list that I want more ungulates 😅 10 is still not enough.

Top Bottom