Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
31/05/2015

Special Announcement
Beta Version of Universalcartographics.org launches!
• Only Stellar and Planetary records have currently been added please refer to Galatic Record Book for general records
• Additions to records include system map pics, date submitted, finders ship type, finders ship name and the ability to added additional info and pics to each record
• Stellar and Planetary Quick Ref Guides for easy record referencing whilst playing
• Search by record holder function added
• Discovery of the week
• News Section
• Exploration Guide
Also to celebrate the launch of Universalcartographics.org a few new categories have been added
• Highest/lowest metal content for all planets
• Longest/shortest orbital period for all planets
• Added all missing distance records
The site now has over 650 record categories posted by around 100 Cmdrs, please remember that the site is under construction with many more records to come and a huge amount of editing still to do
Big thank you to all current and pervious record holders for sharing your amazing finds over the last 7 months
And a special thanks to all the Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Department staff past, present and lost…
T-Dog, Lord Zapan, Rukmerot, and Niddi
– Cmdr Monkey D Luffy

22/01/2015
Special Announcement
Latest release of Universal Cartographics The Galatic Record Book is now available for your viewing pleasure, click on pic below Enjoy:D:

If you log on to a google account when viewing book you can use the chat function to talk to us!
Special thanks to rukmerot and niddi for help with data inputting and ideas
this is work in progress lots of work on content to still be done!

Last edited:
I will enter this on behalf of Patau82 in his Hitch Hikers guide to the Galactic Pill

Lol it was me that started this post too! I left that one out so someone else could get it, oh well I guess I will post it up now:D

I will add Highest federation,alliance,independent system population

Last edited:
Lol it was me that started this post too! I left that one out so someone else could get it, oh well I guess I will post it up now:D

I will add Highest federation,alliance,independent system population

I am not all that bright am I.

I saw that category and remembered someone posted it in the Hitchhikers guide to the Galactic pill thread; somehow I didn't register the names were the same :eek:

Great idea, wish I had a bit more play time with Elite so I could take notes on systems I visit. This sort of 'competition' would benefit so much from the game having a 'Captain's Log' style feature that kept a track of your discoveries, journeys and so forth.

Sargon

Banned
Darn... I'm positive I ran across a system with with over 30 billion in population.. Will have to backtrack now to find it again.

GREAT IDEA you have here.. KUDOS and some rep!

Quick one... so far the most populated Alliance system I've come across is Sigma Bootis with 12.1 million... I don't think that record will stand for long... I'm sure I've seen bigger but can't find it atm... :)

Quick one... so far the most populated Alliance system I've come across is Sigma Bootis with 12.1 million... I don't think that record will stand for long... I'm sure I've seen bigger but can't find it atm... :)

Added this one but there is at least one bigger keep looking

one station was 1,300,000 ls away from jumppoint.

Around CR Draco system

Added this one too, I sure remember hearing about one over 2,000,000 ls away but I cant find the thread

I like this!

Been searching for Type A stars Biggest so far I've found is in Alderamin

Alderamin A is the hottest star I've found - 9853.00K
It's also the heaviest I've seen at 2.3398 solar masses, though I notice there was no competition for heaviest :D

It exceeds its own classification in the system description (between 1.4 and 2.1 solar masses)

Just occurred to me that White Dwarfs are probably the hot ones so I doubt the temperature record will stand for very long!

Last edited:
Looking at some more things I've found...

Largest Independent system: LTT 16979 - 1.2 billion. Still can't find a bigger one than I posted for the Alliance systems.

The smallest planet I've found is Nannan in LHS 417 with a mass of 0.0012 and a diameter of 717km. Are we separating mass and diameter? There are some noticeable differences especially with the gas giants.

The smallest ringed Gas giant I've seen is Tilian 8 (with a mass of 26.5283, diameter of 41694km). The smallest ringed non gas planet is Tilian 7, 11278 km diameter and a mass of 3.559.

Will keep more coming as I find them... got to enjoy the game while surveying... :D

I like this!

Been searching for Type A stars Biggest so far I've found is in Alderamin

Alderamin A is the hottest star I've found - 9853.00K
It's also the heaviest I've seen at 2.3398 solar masses, though I notice there was no competition for heaviest :D

It exceeds its own classification in the system description (between 1.4 and 2.1 solar masses)

Just occurred to me that White Dwarfs are probably the hot ones so I doubt the temperature record will stand for very long!

I had put density instead of mass so I've added it, I checked a white dwarf that I know and it is hotter! CM Draco B with a surface temperature of 22,112K
sorry to take that one of you so soon but you still get the heaviest:D also white dwarfs go up to 40,000K so it should be beatable, keep hunting!

Looking at some more things I've found...

Largest Independent system: LTT 16979 - 1.2 billion. Still can't find a bigger one than I posted for the Alliance systems.

The smallest planet I've found is Nannan in LHS 417 with a mass of 0.0012 and a diameter of 717km. Are we separating mass and diameter? There are some noticeable differences especially with the gas giants.

The smallest ringed Gas giant I've seen is Tilian 8 (with a mass of 26.5283, diameter of 41694km). The smallest ringed non gas planet is Tilian 7, 11278 km diameter and a mass of 3.559.

Will keep more coming as I find them... got to enjoy the game while surveying... :D

will add some, but smallest should be under 600km there are also some ringed moons out there under 5000km oh and gas ringed is under 14000km, I could add heaviest and lightest bodies. Also try the filters on the galaxy map, there's a size filter under :D i'l try put up a few guide numbers to get us going!

I found some white dwarfs don't seem to give a temperature on the system view? Infact I just tried to visit LP 103-294 which has a 'big' white dwarf but it crashed my game when i tried to access the system view. :(

I guess a big white dwarf would be the densest too!

I found some white dwarfs don't seem to give a temperature on the system view? Infact I just tried to visit LP 103-294 which has a 'big' white dwarf but it crashed my game when i tried to access the system view. :(

I guess a big white dwarf would be the densest too!

crashed my game to when I tried to access system view, ticket I guess!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom