Unknown Artefact (or artifact) Community Thread - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Someone remind me - where was it recently that someone (Drew Wagar?) said that an object, taken out of it's context, might appear alien when in reality it was just something from your history ... or something like that?

Someone remind me - where was it recently that someone (Drew Wagar?) said that an object, taken out of it's context, might appear alien when in reality it was just something from your history ... or something like that?

It is the second Soontill Relic Galnet post on the wiki. Not Drew.

Hi guys,

Just thought I would drop a update on my theory, I have gathered data from 16 systems and it looks like I might have found something.

I have a couple of more systems to test to see if what I am looking at does work out, if it does then I might have found a homming signal.

I will explain more when I have done my tests tomorrow when I am back in game.

It might not come to anything but I am hopeful.

QorbeQ,

Can you confirm what you are using for the start of the morse chittering.

I am working on putting something together in one post, ref the different parts of the ua.

Has anyone here been to Soontill? I'm curious. Is theer a picture of the system map somewhere?

Yup, a few of us have. It has been scanned to death (including asteroid belts), it has no station. I took some Soontill Relics there just for fun a couple of times, but nothing to do with them there. I suggested someone try taking a UA there, but as far as I know no one has. Not sure if it would lead to anything TBH.

Soontill plays centre-stage in John Harper's And Here the Wheel, but we have been assuming that the events portrayed there have already happened, given that there is no evidence of anything related to them in the system (and the system itself is named on the Galaxy Map and not a secret). I spent some time there checking out *SS as well hoping a UA might pop, and saw nothing out of the ordinary, although signal sources seemed quite rare in and of themselves.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just thought I would drop a update on my theory, I have gathered data from 16 systems and it looks like I might have found something.

I have a couple of more systems to test to see if what I am looking at does work out, if it does then I might have found a homing signal.

I will explain more when I have done my tests tomorrow when I am back in game.

It might not come to anything but I am hopeful.

QorbeQ,

Can you confirm what you are using for the start of the morse chittering.

I am working on putting something together in one post, ref the different parts of the ua.

tease. Looking forward to finding out what you are working on tomorrow.

Yup, a few of us have. It has been scanned to death (including asteroid belts), it has no station. I took some Soontill Relics there just for fun a couple of times, but nothing to do with them there. I suggested someone try taking a UA there, but as far as I know no one has. Not sure if it would lead to anything TBH.

Soontill plays centre-stage in John Harper's And Here the Wheel, but we have been assuming that the events portrayed there have already happened, given that there is no evidence of anything related to them in the system (and the system itself is named on the Galaxy Map and not a secret). I spent some time there checking out *SS as well hoping a UA might pop, and saw nothing out of the ordinary, although signal sources seemed quite rare in and of themselves.
Harper's book is on my to-do list so I don;t know much about it. But I recall reading somewhere the Thargoid planet/outpost/whatever there had "gone dark", and perhaps as such may not show up in a discovery scan - maybe it needs to be found the old-fashioned way?

Harper's book is on my to-do list so I don;t know much about it. But I recall reading somewhere the Thargoid planet/outpost/whatever there had "gone dark", and perhaps as such may not show up in a discovery scan - maybe it needs to be found the old-fashioned way?

The outpost was destroyed completely at the end of the book. And someone else had taken it over from the Thargoids, who had abandoned it a long long time ago.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom