Also got around 30 years of pc experience, and have build around 70 machines in my live. Never had a prebuild system.
Not updated anything on the pc since the last time the game was running fine. I don't update unless there is a problem with the drivers, or something changed for the better for me.
I got things running at my other machine that would react if my internet had problems + no issue with people i talk with on discord as it happens.
Also has a fiend here in the city that also plays elite, and he don't experience this many problems with the same isp.
The last fiew updates on odyssey has been a mess for me. Even did a reinstall around 1 month ago to see if that was the problem.

Ok,

It's not a connection problem.
It's not an install problem.
It's not an expertise problem.
It's not a hardware problem.

Although the folks here try to help, we just don't have enough information to make a determination on what the problem might be. :unsure:

I can't see this being the issue Paul, but probably best just to steer clear of the subject in any sense. No offense meant mate, but I imagine it's going to be a fiery subject amongst many people.
Granted, no offense taken. Good advice in any event. (y)

Also - hard to verify short of switching to a different machine - possibly hardware issues. ED takes a large toll on the PCs resources - mainly GPU, but that propagates via the PSU to all of the system, and it isn't exactly stingy with CPU resources, either. And any slowly deteriorating piece of either HW or SW could have the symptoms that you describe.
I'm going to bump this reply as OP isn't exactly sporting new hardware.

Ok,

It's not a connection problem.
It's not an install problem.
It's not an expertise problem.
It's not a hardware problem.

Although the folks here try to help, we just don't have enough information to make a determination on what the problem might be. :unsure:

Granted, no offense taken. Good advice in any event. (y)
Evil Spirits.

Scanned for termites, and had a priest bless my drive, but still no luck.
Will try to do some updates and report back later.
One big wish from me would be for the file verification to report back what it found out, and not just say.. DONE! (Launcher & steam)

One big wish from me would be for the file verification to report back what it found out, and not just say.. DONE! (Launcher & steam)
It's been my experience that if file verification finds files missing, it will say "(some number) of files failed to validate and will be downloaded". If it succeeds, it will say "All Files Successfully Verified"

Has your Steam Client updated lately?

You can also "Validate Files" directly from the Launcher if Steam does not work for you. I would question why the Steam Client does not work in that regard.

unknown_2022.02.22-12.26.png

Try that, and maybe reinstall Steam.

That's all I got......

Last edited:
Scanned for termites, and had a priest bless my drive, but still no luck.
For the OP.

Bless again this day the mysterious computer
which awaits your power and my human effort.
Grant wisdom, knowledge and a clear memory to my mind
as I sit before this new creature of your infinite power.
Bless my heart with endless patience whenever needed.
Guide my hands that I may be your faithful servant in every key I press.
Enable my limited efforts to bring glory to your Name
and blessings to your people everywhere.
Delete me not from your Kingdom
and save me from all fear and from all error of sin and ignorance.
I whisper this prayer, mindful of the needs of all with whom and for whom I work,
through the power of your Word and the life-giving energy of your Spirit.

Amen

have you tried to delete the games cache in the appdata folder?
reinstalling the game won´t purge these files.
might be worth a try, but will get rid of your keybindings and other settings,
so better make a backup

Next up on the list of things not to do to fix it:

1. get a vpn
  2. play with MTU settings
  3. Do not call your isp and tell them you have network problem cause you can not game online
  4. reinstall windows
  5. Blame Fdev
  6. Buy a new PC
  7. Do not test the pc with a different/new Power supply
  8. Do not check PC temps

I would question why the Steam Client does not work in that regard.
It does, or at the least it used to report it in the dialog box if it had to redownload files. I haven't had games fail checks in a while, so I can't tell if that is still the case (perhaps it's not a separate dialog box anymore and it just skips to "done" after the downloads are complete).

Top Bottom