Patch Notes Update Update 1.07 Incoming - 11am GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Great to see improvements, still I would preferr to see the bounty-bug fixed already. I thinks this is a major issue.

Any chance of a warning on Facebook/Twitter for these updates? If I'd known before i'd of done my run then had breakfast while the update went through, now i'm in the middle of nowhere or possibly been warped to the last station i docked at 100 Lys back :rolleyes:

I have had a couple of "Failed to contact authentication server" type messages, and a couple of times when I get to the main menu, but "Start" is greyed out, and the server IP address and port are not shown bottom left of the screen.

...and NOPE... it didn't fix my issue.

if you are talking about the graphic card issue, try this:
''
I've been having the same problems with Intel HD 4000, but think I've managed to fix it using the TdrDelay changes mentioned earlier. This fix is taken from the Reddit Battelfield forums, but has worked well for me

Simply go to your registry: Start --> Run --> Type in "Regedit"
Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\C ontr ol\GraphicsDrivers" and create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit)" and name "TdrDelay" with a value of 10 as Decimal value.
Reboot and play
In a nutshell it gives the GPU 10 seconds to recover/respond vs. 2 seconds (default).

This works for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
This basically alleviates the “ Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” issue and/or "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." you will only see in the EventViewer.
If you want to learn more about this setting: Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR)
TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card.
Before TDR existed, problems of this nature would have resulted in a system freeze and required a reboot of the operating system. If TDR is enabled and you see the TDR error message, "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered," this means that the Windows operating system reset the display driver.
''

I have had a couple of "Failed to contact authentication server" type messages, and a couple of times when I get to the main menu, but "Start" is greyed out, and the server IP address and port are not shown bottom left of the screen.

Same. Hopefully not a repeat of last week.

Umm, I was kind of naughty, & left my journey to an outpost a little on the late side.....& so the servers shut down whilst I was in the process of landing. Any idea what effect that will have on my game?!?! I'm usually really good about getting to safety with plenty of time to spare!

CMDR Marcus.

Into main menu... But that's about it.

Z...

Edit - and we're off and trading.

Once my ship stops spinning.

Eventually.

Maybe.

Last edited:
I think you are placed in the space station area, outside the facilities. The last time I got caught out I was literally less than two seconds from landing: when I logged back in I was 9.35 km from the station.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom