Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
People are reporting about bugs that are preventing them to cash exploration data. Is this valid only for exploration data before 1.1 or is there bug also with explorations after 1.1.02? I am just about fitting my cobra for exploration.

I have only started exploring recently and since the update have had no issues selling masses of data mate. Should be fine :)

I entirely agree with Cyranis' point. I don't think he is whinging.
For a game to be fair, it requires the same rules for all. Ongoing discounts etc change that. Fine that you get the discount for becoming Elite - that's potentially attainable by all. Getting it as a backer *is* approaching 'pay for win' and is one step away from being able to buy an upgrade with PayPal. The rewards for backing should be 'one off' rewards of free ship etc - not ongoing. Remember early backers have the advantage of being further into the game with more experience and resultant better rankings. In some ways that is its own reward in open play.

But, the 2.5% discount isn't for all backers, it's for those that backed at the £150 "Founder" level and above, of which there's not so many. In lore terms they are "founding members of the Elite" and therefor are apparently loved throughout the known universe, getting plied with shiny decals, free cocktails in bars and discounts in the outfitting shop.

If you were happy to shell out £150 before the game was even out, then yes, you've missed out. But personally I don't see it as a huge problem, giving a perk to people who supported the game with cold hard cash based on faith it'd get built along.

Its only a small number of people having these issues. Not seeing it on Facebook or much anywhere else. Maybe a pc upgrade/health check is in order. Only issues ive ever had is the matchmaking one and the slight stutter in supercruise which turned out to be a code that they have now removed. Since then no stutter. Game is very good at the moment, sure the missions etc are borked but im sure that will get sorted soon. Fingers crossed anyway!

Game is very good at the moment? Then we are playing different game. Beside fyi : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103257. So please stop talking nonsence about my hardware and computer etc. I repeat again. There is not single issue with other games. And i mean NONE! And i played lots of late titles and none of those titles didn't had any issues with graphics, sound, controls except Elite.

I entirely agree with Cyranis' point. I don't think he is whinging.
For a game to be fair, it requires the same rules for all. Ongoing discounts etc change that. Fine that you get the discount for becoming Elite - that's potentially attainable by all. Getting it as a backer *is* approaching 'pay for win' and is one step away from being able to buy an upgrade with PayPal. The rewards for backing should be 'one off' rewards of free ship and unique distinctions such as special paintjobs etc - not ongoing advantage however slight. Remember early backers have the advantage of being further into the game with more experience and resultant better rankings. In some ways that is its own reward in open play.

I disagree. I only backed at premium beta (£100) which is a lot more cash wise than many KS people paid and got the sol permit and 96.something insurance. Im more than happy with the way things are. If it wasnt for the kickstarting community we wouldnt even have a game to play. People should be more concerned about making their own enjoyment in the game than worrying about others. Everyone, myself included had a chance to back early. I didnt hear about the project till Alpha but i couldnt afford £200 at the time to back.

As an 80's Elite player im very happy this game got the backing it needed.

I don't know much of sound engineering and mixing etc. I have noticed that the sound effects in Elite are filling my room entirely and I am using small genelec 6010 active speakers and small genelec sub. Sound field is just much larger than some other games or music in general. That alone is quite an accomplishment. Now just abit more low end punch to the multi-cannons and canons :) Even though they don't have that low end punch in real life.

About the backing conversation. Like said above, people should just enjoy their own game and not being jealous to the backers. Isn't it enough that you can be jealous in real life. Have some rest in game.

Last edited:
Game is very good at the moment? Then we are playing different game. Beside fyi : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103257. So please stop talking nonsence about my hardware and computer etc. I repeat again. There is not single issue with other games. And i mean NONE! And i played lots of late titles and none of those titles didn't had any issues with graphics, sound, controls except Elite.

Well like i said apart from the missions since last update etc and a few other issues which will be sorted soon i am having no problems at all and before the 1.1 + never had any issues period apart from matchmaking. And we have a large community on FB and i follow other sites and im sorry mate but you are well in the minority of sufferers.

Dont like the game dont play it. Simple!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I should grow up? It is worst game i have ever played and i played bunch of them. You don't actually be a gaming professional to see that this game is broken. Specially funny is the that a guy who tells me to grow up use get outta here in the same breath. Hahahaha.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Missed or not I'm done with this piece of junk. Have fun waiting on new patches which will make your gaming experience less miserable.

Two constants. New games will always need patching and forums will always have whiners :)

Just wanted to chip in with a positive comment re: community goals. I decided to deviate from my same old rares route and tooks my Witchhaul rares out to Yembo instead. For that alone I suspect "community goals" have probably succeeded in their aim (i.e. getting players to go somewhere else for a change). There's a lot of players down here, feels like there's a real buzz of activity which is great. One feature which I think would really help tho' is the idea of a local chat channel (as featured in other MMO's). I can say hi to individual players one at a time but it would be wonderful (and really add to the feeling of a local buzz) if I could see a stream of chatter from nearby commanders. Yeah sure, it would be open to abuse but I think the pro's would outweigh the con's.

+1 from me

FAO Michael/AN Other developer

Is the issue with the Universal Cartographics crashing the game and sending back to desktop a known bug? I see that some people don't have the problem so just looking for some clarification.

Well like i said apart from the missions since last update etc and a few other issues which will be sorted soon i am having no problems at all and before the 1.1 + never had any issues period apart from matchmaking. And we have a large community on FB and i follow other sites and im sorry mate but you are well in the minority of sufferers.

Dont like the game dont play it. Simple!

Well mister, 82 pages of problems on forum would disagree about minority.

FAO Michael/AN Other developer

Is the issue with the Universal Cartographics crashing the game and sending back to desktop a known bug? I see that some people don't have the problem so just looking for some clarification.

Yes it is. They're looking into it atm.

I'm also waiting for this to be fixed. Because I won't go anywhere with pages full of unsold exploraton data ;)

I disagree. I only backed at premium beta (£100) which is a lot more cash wise than many KS people paid and got the sol permit and 96.something insurance. Im more than happy with the way things are. If it wasnt for the kickstarting community we wouldnt even have a game to play. People should be more concerned about making their own enjoyment in the game than worrying about others. Everyone, myself included had a chance to back early. I didnt hear about the project till Alpha but i couldnt afford £200 at the time to back.
As an 80's Elite player im very happy this game got the backing it needed.
I was an 80's elite player too :) You're right about the backing - without it we wouldn't have ED.
I certainly hadn't even considered this until Cyranis' post, but I do think he makes a very valid point. I still think the fairest solution would be some sort of in game distinction - exclusive paintjobs so everyone in game can 'doth their cap' *grin* and even a special founders club system or two. But it shouldn't (even potentially) affect gameplay in an ongoing way. That can make others, as Cyranis says, feel that they have bought the game to become second class citizens. It doesn't make me feel that way, but I just want to acknowledge that others may, and think it's a valid point. If it said at point of sale 'you are paying £40 to not be quite equal with with early adopters' then fair enough, but it doesn't.

Perhaps we should be able to root out our original Elite tapes and discs and get some sort of 10% discount on everything? After all, if it wasn't for us there would be no other versions of Elite at all. And no, I don't believe that, but you get my point.

Last edited:
For me it's MUCH better than in 1.07, but I'm still getting some stuttering especially when facing a station. Also still getting the 'freezing' during the hyperspace sequence.

I spoke too soon, last night the game was not just stuttering it was freezing for several seconds at a time, the worst it's ever been - any worse and it would have been unplayable, I'm lucky I didn't crash into a station. It always seems worse in the evening (UK) when the internet+game servers will be at their busiest.

Please, please, *please* help me, developers. I am near my wits end because of this stupid validation error I keep having with data.ovx!!!! Over 24 hours, & I am no closer to upgrading my game. In desperation, I've deleted *all* my files & am starting from scratch......but I fear that won't help either!!!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom