Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.04 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
no boost - I had just dropped gear though.
Thanks, KB

There have been some reports of an exploding ship bug, similar to what you described, and a common factor has been deployed landing gear and/or boosting. It is likely you experienced the same.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Been playing Mech Warrior Online for 2 years and they NEVER put up a patch or update where they had 4 hot fix in as many days.

This is not a great way to promote the game by having to patch every day.

And just to clarify...they didn't put patches up because they were lazy, or unresponsive, they didn't put the patches up because they weren't needed in the first place.

Been playing Mech Warrior Online for 2 years and they NEVER put up a patch or update where they had 4 hot fix in as many days.

This is not a great way to promote the game by having to patch every day.

So they fix things right quick and your moaning.. Really

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Its amazing how whiney people are. This is a Game. Its not the end of the world. FD is very responsive to fixing things. Get a grip.

So they fix things right quick and your moaning.. Really

Yes, and good for them. The point being however, that they shouldn't HAVE to fix things right. Most of these game breaking issues were present and reported in the beta testing. The decision was made to go ahead and release with the bugs there, and it still took several days to fix them, so really, some of these issues have taken well over a week to fix.

Yes, and good for them. The point being however, that they shouldn't HAVE to fix things right. Most of these game breaking issues were present and reported in the beta testing. The decision was made to go ahead and release with the bugs there, and it still took several days to fix them, so really, some of these issues have taken well over a week to fix.

All SW.even the stuff I write has bugs. And in a varied eco system like PC and home networks, its a major miracle it all works.

All SW.even the stuff I write has bugs. And in a varied eco system like PC and home networks, its a major miracle it all works.

FOr sure, and bugs are to be expected. The issue many of us have is that there were known game breaking bugs present in testing that made their way into the released product. The thing is, the beta testers also never saw a release candidate to test. Since it was an open beta, there was a very broad eco system for a test bed, and it seems that the advantages of having such a good test bed were largely squandered.

Today I died: First time since release. I was headed to Dirac Enterprises in LFT 1448 from Zina Aquilae system at the Oefelein Plant. Come out of supercruse to dock at Dirac and ship says shields down then eject. (I had hit nother and there was nothing 'close' to me) I had just requested docking so I was right there (6KM) at the station. 81 tons of gold for the market and 7 tons of superconductor's for a mission. ASP replacement 899K, cargo loss about 1M - Is this a new bug or just a fluke? Death in game means a lot to me and has not happened since before release (I am PB backer). Anyone else had this happen, Just blow up for no reason lately??? Thanks, KB

Last night while flying my Anaconda through the air lock at Abraham Lincoln station, my shield either nicked the back edge of the air lock door or the vertical wall and I immediately lost shields and exploded. Created a ticket, but based on hundreds of flight hours I've logged and only 1 other insurance claim since alpha, I don't think the collision issue is totally resolved.

EDIT: After reading one of your other posts, l think I had just deployed landing gear as well.

Last edited:
Getting patches nearly on a daily basis... that's a great support and shows that you care! :)

But as I tend to leave my launcher open (just minimized), I'd really apprecieate if it would check for updates when hitting the play button, and not just right after loggin in.

Ed is a huge open world, multi player game. I can't think of any recent game on the same scale that hasn't had it's fair share of problem's. That said I havn't experienced any "game breaking" bugs in Ed.

Hello there, folks!

1.1.04 has gone live - the servers are up and running.

Server changes
  • Improved logging for some rare failures when selling exploration data.

Not sure how rare it is, happens 100% of the time to me. When I sell any systems data it removes the data for all systems, only creditting me with the one I selected. Ticketed... but yeah... I just got a response to the ticket I submitted prior to Christmas.

Last night while flying my Anaconda through the air lock at Abraham Lincoln station, my shield either nicked the back edge of the air lock door or the vertical wall and I immediately lost shields and exploded. Created a ticket, but based on hundreds of flight hours I've logged and only 1 other insurance claim since alpha, I don't think the collision issue is totally resolved.

EDIT: After reading one of your other posts, l think I had just deployed landing gear as well.

It's not even the credits to me - I have always been very very careful as to never put myself in a position to get killed or be killed - that's what bothers me - in reality I don't die!!! and it means a lot to me. Then to die due to a game bugs - well it's (fill in blank with word)
KB

Outstanding! Now I can fix my Python's decals.

Next, I'm off to collect some cash from various sneaky sorts that were stiffing me on their bounty payouts. :D

Good work Frontier - but can I please have the super cruise sound from 1.0 back?

Right now, my Cobra MKIII sounds in super cruise like a kitchen appliance, not like a big space ship hurled through space at multiple c (the 1.1.0.4 made it a little bit better - but not much)... :-(

Last edited:
To all of you complaining about bugs... let grumpy cat teach you what programming is like:

aGwRXOZ_700b_v1.jpg

I had to download data.ovl separately for 1.1.01, 1.1.02, and 1.1.03... let's see if this one has the same error.

[edit] Wow, it updated without error for once! Paint me amazed. :)

Last edited:
Hello there, folks!

1.1.04 has gone live - the servers are up and running.

Client changes:

• Bounty vouchers can be redeemed at any starport in a system that also contains the faction which issued the bounty.
  • Some Commanders are in systems that cannot currently be retrieved from the server database, which has been causing crashes when loading into the game. We're working to identify and repair the systems affected, which includes a change to automatically report the problem system and exit back to the main menu with a load failure message.
  • Audio for the Imperial Clipper more closely resembles the sound from the 1.07 release.
  • Improved localisation support for community goals (we're still working through some issues with Russian language support).
  • Fixed the 3rd decal not displaying properly on the Python.
  • Fixed a very rare crash triggered by limpets being destroyed.

Server changes

• Added more checks for starsystems reported to crash the game. This interim measure will automatically attempt to restore access to that starsystem within 10 minutes of the crash being reported.
  • Improved logging for some rare failures when selling exploration data.

Damn, FD. You guys are rollin' like a freight train! Keep up the hard work. Much respect :)

It's not even the credits to me - I have always been very very careful as to never put myself in a position to get killed or be killed - that's what bothers me - in reality I don't die!!! and it means a lot to me. Then to die due to a game bugs - well it's (fill in blank with word)

I got to agree with you on the deaths. What's the point of the game even keeping track of your deaths at this point? Half of mine resulted from bugs, the rest was admittedly my fault. But stats mean nothing when they don't accurately represent your skill and what you actually do.

Oh, well. I quit being much of a stats guy a long time ago, especially given the number of folks out there who find ways to bolster their stats via hacks, bugs, or exploits. I suppose my only solace is truly knowing how well I'm doing, and I'm doing good :) not great yet, but good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the continued work team.

Please note that since this patch I have had an issue with Gnet language flipping from English to another language (being English I have no idea what the other language is; possibly Germanic). This is happening on each occasion I move out of the menu, it is possible to flip it back to English without much effort but not possible to keep it in English.

Have a good weekend o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom