Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.04 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not my perception at all. There was a release candidate and it was called gamma.

One of the most important parts of the beta test was to get the network code scaled up and working outside of a stable fast internal network. You wouldn't want to have found some of the early beta network bugs on launch day. There are still some bugs remaining - there are plenty of edge cases and a complicated hardware and software chain - but the launch of the game was the smoothest I have ever seen for a large multi-player game (Diablo III is the usual reference point for this). So I'd say that the broad eco system test bed did its job well and wasn't squandered.

For any software system that is released to production there will be known and unknown bugs. Only the ones that break the game for everyone or an unacceptably large number of players are of the Must Fix kind for a target launch day. The closer that day gets then there is a strong element of risk management and workaround rather than break something else. Grumpy cat got that right (e.g. NPC trading not quite working properly in the background simulation - missions still work and combat is still there so the players can workaround it until the high risk fix is delivered).

Yes, the initial launch on Dec 16 went pretty darned well for most people. What I was talking about was the 1.1 beta. The biggest bug in that being the collision damage that cost a lot of people some very expensive ships. That is a mess they are still trying to sort out. That was noticed and well documented and discussed very early on in the 1.1 beta. We never saw a release candidate for 1.1 beta to verify that had been fixed.

Then there were the issues with the changes made to the galaxy seeding...missions, cartography, likely the bounty issue. Those changes were made and not tested by the open 1.1 beta because they were never available fr s to test, and that's fine, but we're in a production environment now, not a test environment, so introducing major chages like that has to be done with more dilligence.

Yes, the initial launch on Dec 16 went pretty darned well for most people. What I was talking about was the 1.1 beta. The biggest bug in that being the collision damage that cost a lot of people some very expensive ships. That is a mess they are still trying to sort out. That was noticed and well documented and discussed very early on in the 1.1 beta. We never saw a release candidate for 1.1 beta to verify that had been fixed.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't tracking beta 1.1 as I had done for the 1.0 launch and had missed out on the issues you've mentioned.

Deferring a release for a few days or into the next week would have ended up saving some of the support cost incurred. Though not being privy to the details of what an actual release entails, means that it isn't clear what that would have meant to the delivery team (there is always a lot of planning that goes into a production release - I know, I get involved in those at work :) )

Cheers!

I think I've identified the cause of the constant "reload all" bug I mentioned in the previous update thread. It seems if you have a module that isn't fully loaded, but disabled in the modules section, it won't get reloaded with everything else, but you'll still get the "reload all" option, and it'll still take your money without reloading the modules, and continue to present the option to reload all after that.
That's my experience of it too. Have you ticketed it?

So they fix things right quick and your moaning.. Really

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Its amazing how whiney people are. This is a Game. Its not the end of the world. FD is very responsive to fixing things. Get a grip.
If they had actually taken notice of the bugs reported in the Beta Week for 1.1 the hotfixes would not have been needed in the first place, it was rushed out without fixing reported issues.

Currently getting a bug where 50% of the time im not getting bounty vouchers off of kills, also happening to a friend of mine in private groups.

also, randomly Galnet is showing up in german.

Audio issue solved, in my case, by installing "fresh" version of launcher (2023 changed to 2035, downloaded from ED-store)
Horrible sound fading in front view disappeared:cool:
Three days of ear torment before! :mad:

This is rubbish. I love Elite, but I'm being bombarded with so many issues, my love for it fades. Since these hotfixes I am unable to play more than 20 minutes without being disconnected. Sometimes, I can't even connect at the main menu. I get data.ovx errors every time I attempt to update. I am one of those who got stung by FDEV removing offline mode (we rely on mobile wireless here - no other options). I didn't demand a refund and thought I'd persist with the game (as an initial BETA backer), but it's beyond a joke now.

I'm positive it's not my connection here. I've successfully carried out Windows updates, and Steam updates today. I've also been able to browse the internet fine, yet Elite can't seem to work out there's a connection there. This B.S. Braben spewed about "I can play it on a moving train whilst on mobile broadband" is straight up clap-trap.

I really want to like this game, but for me - it's an amatuer mess that simply does not work properly. Feeling pretty ripped off right now.

No probs with connection here. What i did is port forwarding udp 5100 with a new router.
Stuttering in SC near planets is a lot better now after 2 hours play time. More testing on this necessary...
Im really happy with this patch right now! Think finally first release of 1.1 should be like this. But thanks to the devs for keep on hard working.

Since the update today my Galnet news are all in German language.
no change was made in the launcher and it is still set to "use system default" which is English.
anyone had the same?

I've noticed the news feed switching between all the available languages randomly at times; usually reloading the feed (leaving the starport services menu and going back in) seems to fix it. Not a huge issue for me. I specifically selected English in the launcher and it still does the same.

Still the landing problem when submitting multiple requests to land at an outpost in solo mode.
I get denied the first time and as stated in the latest patch notes if an NPC is occupying a docking slot then they are "ejected" to free it up but then after getting the all clear I cannot land. I have to cancel and then make a second request.

The only issue I have come across is not being able to dock with a space station if I haven't gone into supercruise again.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom