Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.04 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Galnet for me last night was a mix of German and completely blank entries! All the blank ones said was 'GalNet News...' with no title and when clicked on, no content.

Hello Commander Eagle Eye!

Global rewards for community goals will take a little time to activate once they have been completed (personal rewards should be more or less immediate

How soon is the community goals going to be more automated and less dev centralised if i may ask, and do u have plans for small community goals for a few dozen players or less and then larger goals with a wider range of outcomes.

Since 1.1, I've remained parked up until all these little patches have been fixed. I can't afford to lose my progress over a few bugs.

As 1.2 is not far away I'm even thinking it might be worth waiting for when all the hotfixes for that are complete.

Last edited:
The launcher is buggy as all hell and often binds itself to the wrong network adapter, which results in terrible download speed. This most commonly happens when you have virtual network adapters enabled, such as those created by hosting Virtual Machines, or, more likely in your case, by having a VPN connected. Disconnect the VPN and relaunch the launcher and you'll see your download speed increase dramatically (you can then reconnect the VPN, it only binds itself to the wrong adapter when the launcher ios launched)

How very true. After disabling the VMPlayer network adapters (cos I checked out Windows 10 - pointless), the launcher no longer took 30 seconds to load!

How very true. After disabling the VMPlayer network adapters (cos I checked out Windows 10 - pointless), the launcher no longer took 30 seconds to load!

I have same problem. Download is terrible ONLY to ED.

Win 7, 10 mb conection cable.

Download = 1.10MB in normal situation, (steam, FTP, or whatever)
Download ED, pacth = 50 ~100KB

:/

The launcher is buggy as all hell and often binds itself to the wrong network adapter, which results in terrible download speed. This most commonly happens when you have virtual network adapters enabled, such as those created by hosting Virtual Machines, or, more likely in your case, by having a VPN connected. Disconnect the VPN and relaunch the launcher and you'll see your download speed increase dramatically (you can then reconnect the VPN, it only binds itself to the wrong adapter when the launcher ios launched)

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's not the adapter, it's the location and the throttling put on by over zealous ISP's.

I have no VPN in use and I have already disabled the VMWare adapters that I'm not currently using. It's just slow from various places in the world. I have found this in game as well where both the drop from Hyperspace can take up to 5 minutes (worst case! I left the computer and came back when the drop sound played!) and also it can take up to 2-3 minutes when dropping from FSD to the local station. I'm assuming this is when the server pushed the backend data to the client for the destination system/station.

I don't know what the plan is for faster global hosting for servers but I never had this level of lag using Eve but then the game dynamic was different.

Mine is a very 'niche' subset of problems that I'm well aware are not on the devs radar.

Nice game though, takes me a long way back!!!!

From the thread on bug discussion:

I started having an issue last night where my client has basically stopped responding to anything but joystick input.

Docking with a station and selecting "Station Services" brings up the mouse cursor, but the services window does not appear. This also disables the Launch and Enter/Exit Hangar buttons. My side panels still work. In order to leave the station, I must restart the client.

Attempting to jump to supercruise plays the countdown animation and the blue tendril-like things along the edge of my vision, but neither plays the transition animation when the countdown completes, nor actually puts me into supercruise. The blue tendril effect remains on screen, and I hear some of the sound effects.

Attempting to jump to another system plays the countdown animation and the associated hyperdrive sound effects, but when the countdown finishes, all I hear is the "system loading" animation's windy sound effects. I see no transition effect, nor the loading animations, and I certainly don't end up in the system I've selected.

This issue occurs in both solo and open play for me, and I am basically unable to play the game until it gets fixed. I submitted a ticket last night (#00000039694), but I'd expect it's safe to assume it's way too early to expect a response.

This issue has persisted for several days and I am still unable to change systems, go to supercruise, or interact with station services. Some sort of feedback from FD - whether here on the forums or a response to the support ticket - would be rather appreciated, because there's really no point in bothering to log in with things like this.

this is working for me as well good spot thanks for the tips.

has thought been given to the factions that will be in the system with this new exploration station

Last edited by a moderator:
What is "VMPlayer network adapters"? How i diseble this? If exist a solution, please, explain how!

(sorry my english)

Last edited:
What is "VMPlayer network adapters"? How i diseble this? If exist a solution, please, explain how!

(sorry my english)

Hi. If you need to ask what they are, then you do NOT have these adapters installed, so this doesn't apply to you; they relate to Virtual Machines, typically used by developers.

humm...Ok, thanks. But why connection in my country, only to download ED patch is very slow? Eve online, is normal, for exemple.

Anyway, thanks.

humm...Ok, thanks. But why connection in my country, only to download ED patch is very slow? Eve online, is normal, for exemple.

Anyway, thanks.

What is your connection speed to your ISP? I have crappy 6Mbps broadband but the downloads for ED are typically around 600Kbps (less than 1Mbps) so it takes quite a while for the downloads to complete. I am not sure why this is so slow but it looks like its a global issue.

And they still haven't posted its patch notes or even any word of its existence, 15 minutes after the first in-game warning. Come on guys, that should've been the first thing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom