IMPORTANT: Update 1.3.8 - Spooky Pack DLC and more!

I love the new cloud,rain,lightning VFX, rain is probably my favorite out of them all.

There is so much in this DLC, its going to be my new favorite theme for a while

I did know that lightning is a VFX, but as rain, clouds and fog are also VFX i wonder whether we will ever get real weather in the game? [shocked]

So the ghost train has a simple lock and unlock, kind of like a spinning mouse coaster. the lock mechanism centers it, making it face forward. It has lift hills and seems to speed up a little when going down hill. It will complete a full circuit if it's flat though, you do not need elevation. You can define the speed at which it moves on flat track. If you create the right curves, you might be able to spin it in a certain way in a somewhat predictable manner. (I gotta try it with guests though)

The Huntsman gives you a lot more control. It gives you yaw (spin), Roll (lean left-right) and Pitch (lean forward-back). The way you set it put is you select the position that you want for each sectiion, say you are turning the track left in a circle and you want them to look at the center the whole time, then you set your yaw to 90 in the circle; the transition will occur on it's own. If after the circle you want them to face forward again, then have one piece with yaw set to 0 so it transitions to it in the short term, (otherwise it will transition to default position over the rest of the ride or until the point at which you set your next position) Works pretty much the same as the 4D coaster.

Thank you very much for this explanation, so I understood the short line at announcement correct and the ride works as expected, thanks for your time !

Having just purchased and gone through the Spooky pack, I can definitely say that it is worth the price tag in my opinion. They have done a fantastic job with all the pieces and I cannot wait to get on with building a spooky section of my park!

No problem mbc, glad i was able to explain it clearly.

I have found a couple of issues, not sure if to put them in the bug reports
- The "Haunted House Roof Tower" piece has weird coloring behavior, I think maybe some of the swatches need to be deactivated. The first and last swatch change the same thing.
- The "Haunted House Balcony Roof" piece confuses me. It looks like part of the crypt set, not part of the haunted house set.

I wish the little border of the roof pieces were recolorable as well as opposed to stuck on grey, the drypt roofs as well, but maybe you have a reason for not making it so.

And I didn't say this before, the DLC looks awesome, totally worth it for me. Great job Frontier.

Only had a short time to go through the DLC so far but it really does look nice.

I think it's good value for the price. It's like a huge box of Lego with lots of pieces which could easily be used in multiple themes.

Great work to all involved.

Ditto - pack looks great - can't wait to use it in the game later today.
Love the effects, new anomations and the new rides.

Perfect with room for optimisation

First of all thanks for giving us more opportunities to build dark rides.

One thing i am missing is, that the speed on the Huntsman Ride is not dynamic.

In my dark ride i want the chassis to stop in certain rooms or get slower / faster! [cry]

But why are there no glowing eyes (very small lights) in the pack?! Now I still can make that wall of skull with red lights in the eye socket. Tried with the existing lights but they are just to big.

So happy with the friction slider. Can't wait to try it out. How does it work with workshop sharing? Will it remember the settings even if the person using it doesn't have the custom friction enabled in the options?

Can someone just please confirm there's no actually 'Key' with this DLC to redeem, I've purchaed, and 'Claimed', and the contents have appeared in game, is that correct? there were 'Keys' for the other DLC's, but not this one?

Can someone just please confirm there's no actually 'Key' with this DLC to redeem, I've purchaed, and 'Claimed', and the contents have appeared in game, is that correct? there were 'Keys' for the other DLC's, but not this one?

There is no key

Last edited:
Ok I bought it, I like the scenery items and the new track rides are also really nice.

The only thing that kinda bothers me from a workshop point of view is that the new castle building pieces are an addition to the existing castle pieces. So everytime you share a workshop item with castle pieces you need to be sure to not include the ones from the spooky pack.

Also: rain vfx but not rain in the entire map with umbrellas? I do hope this will be included with the November update

the scenery items and animatronics are dope though

Last edited:
So happy with the friction slider. Can't wait to try it out. How does it work with workshop sharing? Will it remember the settings even if the person using it doesn't have the custom friction enabled in the options?

Interesting. I have another question that fits in the same category.
If you turn the friction sliders off will it still keep the friction you have choosen?

Ok I bought it, I like the scenery items and the new track rides are also really nice.

The only thing that kinda bothers me from a workshop point of view is that the new castle building pieces are an addition to the existing castle pieces. So everytime you share a workshop item with castle pieces you need to be sure to not include the ones from the spooky pack.

Also: rain vfx but not rain in the entire map with umbrellas? I do hope this will be included with the November update

Rain would be a perfect addition for a November update.

I get that, just curious why there's no 'key' with this particular DLC, and there was for the others, did you get one? [happy]

There is no key.

Also the Rain VFX could be a sort of POC (Proof of Concept) to see how well it works before they implement full weather, just a thought but not getting my hopes up

Last edited:
Weather.......Full Stop, would be perfect for the November update, with 'Water Physics', there the last two major 'Features' that I can think of that are desperately needed.

Weather yes! Water physics? Why would you want that? People keep bringing this up thinking they can make flowing rivers and waterfalls..

Top Bottom