Update 1.5.3 available now! Edit Update 1.5.4 out now!

Indeed - imagine if we had to lobby our government to ask China to lease us a pair of pandas every time we wanted them! 😅
But honestly, I'd love that as an optional management aspect in game. Like a simulated conversation with an NPC zoo director, and you can choose between different answers and the randomizer would decide if you get that new animal or not... that would be fun (if optional).

But honestly, I'd love that as an optional management aspect in game. Like a simulated conversation with an NPC zoo director, and you can choose between different answers and the randomizer would decide if you get that new animal or not... that would be fun (if optional).
Yea if it was in franchise or a new option in franchise or something it’d be cool. Probably open the door to rarer creatures like the Sumatran Rhino

Yea if it was in franchise or a new option in franchise or something it’d be cool. Probably open the door to rarer creatures like the Sumatran Rhino
Not only in franchise please, I hate franchise with a passion :D
Do some of your remember chance-cards from Sims 2 or Sims 4 as well, I believe? Those kind of little challenges would step up the game for me. Maybe this is worth a new thread, to not derail the update thread any further.

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Hey PlanZo Fam! Thanks for your feedback and reports. As always, the team has been looking through them and prioritising issues as necessary.

We've decided based on feedback and the issues raised that we will be reverting the Staff Management UI changes in a small upcoming Patch (1.5.4), currently scheduled for early next week!

We intend to add these features back in with suggested feedback in a future update.

Hey PlanZo Fam! Thanks for your feedback and reports. As always, the team has been looking through them and prioritising issues as necessary.

We've decided based on feedback and the issues raised that we will be reverting the Staff Management UI changes in a small upcoming Patch (1.5.4), currently scheduled for early next week!

We intend to add these features back in with suggested feedback in a future update.
Anything about the Change that we can't delete the original Entrance anymore?

Hey, this is intended to ensure the balancing of Scenario/Challenge/Franchise maps after a recent exploit.

You're still able to delete and relocate the original entrance on Sandbox mode to allow full customisation!
But that's bad for People in Franchise Mode that want a custom Entrance. If I understood it correctly and it was because People could "cheat" more Money at the Beginning, just try making it so that deleting this Entrance won't give any Money or that a specific Star Rating is needed to delete it at which it shouldn't make a big financial Difference anymore

And a head surgery. The current Malayan tapir's head is literally just the Baird's head but recoloured.
Planet Zoo Screenshot 2021.05.05 - 12.12.12.48.png

And clean off the weird purple paint it seems to have been rolling in.

Clearly Frontier know what a Malayan tapir looks like because the sign is perfect. Let's hope we will get an update reflecting that.

I'm willing to bet this is one of those cases where two different artists were involved.
That and I'm sure it's a lot easier to do a non-animated two dimensional looking sign than it is an animal. I'm not giving Frontier a pass on the tapir being incorrect, but there's more room for error on the animals themselves.

That and I'm sure it's a lot easier to do a non-animated two dimensional looking sign than it is an animal. I'm not giving Frontier a pass on the tapir being incorrect, but there's more room for error on the animals themselves.
The issue with the Malayan tapir is that it's literally just the Baird's with a new colour scheme. I haven't got the pack myself yet but based on images I've seen there's no real difference between the two at all. So it isn't so much that they got it wrong, just that they didn't seem to really try at all.

They jumped all over the binturong, and they've upgraded the dhole, so fingers crossed they take a second look at the tapir as well.

First, really glad that you are taking another look at the staff feature. I like the idea of being able to open/close them, which seems like it could be really helpful, but agree that we just as desperately need to be able to sort by the other tabs too.

Thank you too for working on the educator talks!

On the entrances for franchise, I hope that a future update will take another look at this as well and at least return it to how it was before -- where we could change the building pieces and rocks/foliage that surround the Spawners/Ticketgates/Paths, even if those specific elements need to remain for some reason. I fully understand if the initial halt was just a quick way to stop modification of any part in the short term to stop people from abusing the system. But we'd been able to adjust the other elements of the entrance design from the beginning, so it seems like the exploitations really had to do with the cost of spawners specifically, rather than the entire entrance building. If that's the issue, then perhaps just make it so that you don't get any money if you delete those initial four spawners?

I admit that I don't really understand what is meant by balancing the different modes, since there are so many different things that work differently in each of the different modes already. I haven't tried Challenge mode and have only finished some of the scenarios. I do know that Scenarios sometimes have certain capabilities turned off, at least in ones that are designed for training in a more linear fashion, so I guess I could understand if that was disabled until we got to a (future) scenario that has placing a second entrance as an explicit goal/challenge. And if Challenge mode wasn't able to do what Franchise could with the entrance building group before, I would fully support creating a balance to that by giving Challenge mode that ability now, instead of taking it away from the others.

But I think it would be a real shame if other modes start losing abilities that they had at the beginning, under the guise that sandbox is where full customization happens. Does wanting to delete or redesign an entrance really rise to the same level as wanting to play with unlimited money or turning off animal welfare, births, and even deaths? Those are decisions that players make about how we want to play, and they are things that we all consider whenever we start a new zoo project. (Just as wanting to trade online, or do a timed scenario, or follow a series of goals might motivate someone to play a different mode). But, at least to me, the placement of entrances and decisions on how to decorate them don't seem like they are really the same type of longterm, essential gameplay decision that someone should have to change modes to be able to do.

the trade centre storage in franchise mode still marks all stored animals as "from the same zoo" (which is actually the one I'm now playing), even though they aren't!
Since I have a bunch of franchise zoos, I use to put my matured offspring from one zoo to another for breeding. But for this it is necessary to SEE which of my zoos is the origin of that specific animal I'm about to put into the destinated habitat.

I also would appreciate being able to turn this off or at least collapse them into a group.
I started a new Franchise and don't want to see a huge list of animals in the Trade Centres of other zoos as they're awaiting action in those zoos.

Would be really great if they could fix it in the next/one of the next Updates. Sometimes I exchange Animals between my own Zoos and it's way easier to know where a Animal is supposed to go if you know which Zoo it is from

Top Bottom