Update 1.5.3 available now! Edit Update 1.5.4 out now!

Morning everyone!

Update 1.5.4 is now live, the notes at in the original post but I'll share them here too for ease:

• General Bug Fixes
    • Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    • Removed blank property tags in the main scenery browser.
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.
Still not able to download the update. Never goes beyond 0%. Game won't load at all now :mad:

@PaulaM, try these steps found on the official Steam support page:

Clear Download Cache​

Clearing the Steam download cache will cause the Steam client to flush locally cached configuration data and acquire it from the Steam servers again.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache

Repair Library Folder​

The Steam library folder contains all of your installed games on disk. These folders need to be writable by all users in order to update properly. Sometimes these user permissions break and need to be refreshed.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Right click on folder -> Repair Folder

Verify Local Files​

Sometimes files on hard-disks and other storage devices become corrupted because of bad hardware, software crashes, power surges etc. Steam can verify the correctness over installed game files and fix them if necessary.
Find Game in Library -> Manage menu -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files

@PaulaM, try these steps found on the official Steam support page:

Clear Download Cache​

Clearing the Steam download cache will cause the Steam client to flush locally cached configuration data and acquire it from the Steam servers again.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache

Repair Library Folder​

The Steam library folder contains all of your installed games on disk. These folders need to be writable by all users in order to update properly. Sometimes these user permissions break and need to be refreshed.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Right click on folder -> Repair Folder

Verify Local Files​

Sometimes files on hard-disks and other storage devices become corrupted because of bad hardware, software crashes, power surges etc. Steam can verify the correctness over installed game files and fix them if necessary.
Find Game in Library -> Manage menu -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
Steam files were corrupt. Took several repairs and reboots but it eventually worked.

Morning everyone!

Update 1.5.4 is now live, the notes at in the original post but I'll share them here too for ease:

• General Bug Fixes
    • Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.
I’m done, if y’all can’t fix the problem of not being able to put my animals into quarantine then I don’t need to be playing Planet Zoo anymore I desperately need this problem solved if it can’t be solved then I’m going uninstall Planet Zoo and give it a bad rating, here’s a suggestion, fix the problem and maybe I won’t I’m sick of this problem happening, I have tried everything so either fix this problem so you get to bottom of this problem or I’ll uninstall the game and give it a bad review and I’ll never play it again. FIX THIS PROBLEM

Last edited:
I’m done, if y’all can’t fix the problem of not being able to put my animals into quarantine then I don’t need to be playing Planet Zoo anymore I desperately need this problem solved if it can’t be solved then I’m going uninstall Planet Zoo and give it a bad rating, here’s a suggestion, fix the problem and maybe I won’t I’m sick of this problem happening, I have tried everything so either fix this problem or I uninstall the game and give it a bad review
Don't give the Game a bad Review because of it. Maybe it is a rarely occurring Problem. I've never had this Problem. Did you already verify the Game Files? I assume this might help. If this doesn't help, you could still try if it is fixed when you re-install the Game. If it only happens in a specific Zoo, I would recommend to send your Save File to Frontier

Don't give the Game a bad Review because of it. Maybe it is a rarely occurring Problem. I've never had this Problem. Did you already verify the Game Files? I assume this might help. If this doesn't help, you could still try if it is fixed when you re-install the Game. If it only happens in a specific Zoo, I would recommend to send your Save File to Frontier
I’ve done everything to fix this issue but because this is a never ending problem, I verified the game file and I tried to send my save file to Frontier but I was unsuccessful so I’m giving up, this first happened when I first downloaded the Southeast Asia Pack I just don’t understand why it keeps happening to me every time I try to do updates it doesn’t fix the problem, I’m about ready to give the game a bad review if they don’t fix this problem

I’ve done everything to fix this issue but because this is a never ending problem, I verified the game file and I tried to send my save file to Frontier but I was unsuccessful so I’m giving up, this first happened when I first downloaded the Southeast Asia Pack I just don’t understand why it keeps happening to me every time I try to do updates it doesn’t fix the problem, I’m about ready to give the game a bad review if they don’t fix this problem
Also already tried my Recommendation to deinstall and install it again to see if that helps?

@Brandon Gill
if y’all can’t fix the problem of not being able to put my animals into quarantine

Not to minimize your problem - and I can understand your frustration -, but I haven’t bothered with the quarantine building in my zoos for a long time. I never put new animals into quarantine anymore. If an animal is sick on arrival or gets sick later, I call the vet who treats the animal in the veterinay building. I wouldn’t let this issue prevent me from playing PZ.

@Brandon Gill

Not to minimize your problem - and I can understand your frustration -, but I haven’t bothered with the quarantine building in my zoos for a long time. I never put new animals into quarantine anymore. If an animal is sick on arrival or gets sick later, I call the vet who treats the animal in the veterinay building. I wouldn’t let this issue prevent me from playing PZ.
3B43CB44-DD96-445B-BD41-D1A3A12BE165.jpeg

This is my problem and it’s been going on forever I’m finished with Planet Zoo

Edit: We have now released Update 1.5.4.

• General Bug Fixes
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.

Hayo Zookeepers!

We hope you've been enjoying getting to know our wonderful new roster of amazing creatures from the Southeast Asia Animal Pack. Thank you all for sharing your feedback with us, as always it helps us make Planet Zoo the best it can be. This update addresses several bug fixes and crash issues that have been reported. Take a look at the Update Notes below:

General Bug Fixes
  • Fixed not being able to delete or modify a guest spawner and Zoo Entrance after reloading Franchise Save.
  • Fixed being able to delete zoo entrances and ticket barriers outside the boundaries to gain extra cash.
  • Fixed the cash and Conservation Credit filters not working in the Animal Market in non-Franchise modes.
  • Fixed wrong size tags on large and small common water lily.
  • Fixed Incorrect size symbol for 1m x 1m and 2m x 2m screen panels.
  • Fixed settings menu closing itself while in Franchise mode.
  • Fixed an issue with the water tool status not being disabled in Scenario tutorials.
  • Fixed not being able to place the large herbivore habitat blueprint.
  • Fixed an issue where the genetics rating filter would sometimes show in Franchise Mode, despite being unsupported.
  • Added Dhole model and animation tweaks.
  • Added small ball enrichment tags for the Arctic Wolf.
  • Added Flexicolour tags that were missing from concrete construction pieces.
  • Added missing Flexicolour tag to special effect scenery pieces.
  • Removed incorrect tags from some scenery.
  • Updated the conservation status of the African Elephant from VU to EN.
  • Adjusted crowd pull for educational talks.
  • Added collapsible headers for staff management page.
Stability
  • General Crash Fixes.
Please continue to share your feedback with us over on the issue tracker, as well as any of your amazing creations and stories here on the forums!
Planet Zoo is the worst game ever I can’t put my animals into quarantine and Frontier can’t fix this issue whatsoever all I can do is send a picture of the issue if anybody else is having this issue please send your saved game
DB4ED50B-DC52-4E94-BDE8-8AA818D6DCD1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
When will the tradecentre be fixed? I used to search for animals with e.g. 4x 100 stats, or all above 80... but now you can only select 1 stat, in stead of them all... :(

Also, the tradecenters are WAY to small when you have multiple zoo's and lots of animals in the zoo... it should be unlimited, I will even pay cc to have unlimmited space!

Other thing is: please STOP closing the windows and resetting everything when you do someting.. for example: when you set filters in the zoo tab and release some animals to the wild.. everything gets clossed AND reset :(
Agreed. Having menus close and "lose" my place when I am constructing something is annoying, especially since my construction and blueprint menus are so cluttered I have to scroll through a lot of stuff to find the building pieces I want each time.

Also, I don't understand why the trade center no longer defaults to sorting and listing animals alphabetically by species the way it used to.

When I first open my trade center, the animals are listed in random order, or maybe it's by their personal names or something else that is not terribly meaningful to me (as I do not have every trade center animal name memorized), and if I click species, it puts them in reverse alphabetical order. If I click it again, it will alphabetize them properly, but only until I close it. Next time I open it, it's back to random animal order. If there is a way to set the trade center to sort my animals the way I wish (generally alphabetical by species) permanently, I can't find it. I've checked the various menus and settings, and I can't find anything that allows me to set the order I want my trade center to list animals.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hey again Brandon,

I'm sorry you're still having the issue described. We still require your save game file we've requested before to investigate the issue further as this seems to be an issue unique to yourself.

You can find your save file here: C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Planet Zoo

Be sure to send it to community@frontier.co.uk. If the files are too big to be able to email, then you can add them to a .zip folder, or send us a Dropbox link with the files it in.

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
When will the tradecentre be fixed? I used to search for animals with e.g. 4x 100 stats, or all above 80... but now you can only select 1 stat, in stead of them all... :(

Also, the tradecenters are WAY to small when you have multiple zoo's and lots of animals in the zoo... it should be unlimited, I will even pay cc to have unlimmited space!

Other thing is: please STOP closing the windows and resetting everything when you do someting.. for example: when you set filters in the zoo tab and release some animals to the wild.. everything gets clossed AND reset :(

Hey! The team is currently looking into the feedback to improve the Trade Centre UI. Thanks for taking the time to leave some suggestions. :)

(We've also seen the other feedback points from other users)

Hey! The team is currently looking into the feedback to improve the Trade Centre UI. Thanks for taking the time to leave some suggestions. :)

(We've also seen the other feedback points from other users)
If you want a really outlandish suggestion, eliminate the need for the trade center in sandbox altogether. I just wanna place down animals without having to cater to Keeper Jim and his incessant desire to only walk on paths.

Other than that, search bar would be my number one desire.

I'm glad to hear you are looking into the tradecentre again, I was affraid we would have to stick with these horrible changes :(
Things that needs to be fixed (for franchise!)

1. Make it so that we can see again which animals we have put up for trade (like it used to be)
2. We need to be able to search for more than one stat at a time (like it used to be)
3. Make it so that the search filter don't get reset when I go from one zoo to another (again, like it used to be before)

As you can see, non of these are new things, I just want it changed back to how it used to be. The only good thing about the new UI is the multiselect option, I do like that one!

While people are discussing Trade Centers, I’m just going to come out and say it. I’m not happy with the new UI and I don’t know a single person who does like it. It’s clunky and complicated and works against the user. I think we would all LOVE a search bar. That would easily solve almost all the qualms I have with the system entirely.
I argee with you.

Top Bottom