Update 1.5.3 available now! Edit Update 1.5.4 out now!

I feel like I've also been having a lot of bad texture resolution more and more with each passing update. In high-piece-count-areas it just defaults to that to save frames, but I would prefer higher texture quality over frames to be honest.
I noticed that too, since the last update, when I open big zoos the textures are all blurry, I thought it was my computer 😅

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Morning everyone!

Update 1.5.4 is now live, the notes at in the original post but I'll share them here too for ease:

• General Bug Fixes
    • Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    • Removed blank property tags in the main scenery browser.
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.

Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Please can they be automatically open when they get added again? I think it is a bit annoying when all of them are already closed when the Menu gets opened

Morning everyone!

Update 1.5.4 is now live, the notes at in the original post but I'll share them here too for ease:

• General Bug Fixes
    • Temporarily reverting the collapsible staff type headers in the staff management UI as they have introduced a number of issues. The headers will be restored in a future update once all issues are addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience.
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.
When will the tradecentre be fixed? I used to search for animals with e.g. 4x 100 stats, or all above 80... but now you can only select 1 stat, in stead of them all... :(

Also, the tradecenters are WAY to small when you have multiple zoo's and lots of animals in the zoo... it should be unlimited, I will even pay cc to have unlimmited space!

Other thing is: please STOP closing the windows and resetting everything when you do someting.. for example: when you set filters in the zoo tab and release some animals to the wild.. everything gets clossed AND reset :(

Still no fix for animals being dropped in their boxes outside the trade center https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/25884 hope this is getting fixed, send 2 different save games already withit happening, others hve also send save games weeks ago. Hope we can get a fix soon.

Also not fixed is the controls that stop working a lot of times when alt tabbing in and out of the game or when using the ingame steam workshop overlay see ticket https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/25420 this has been an issue since launch but has gotten worse over the last months
Any info on this ???? It was confirmed but we never get an answer anymore if it's being worked on.

When will the tradecentre be fixed? I used to search for animals with e.g. 4x 100 stats, or all above 80... but now you can only select 1 stat, in stead of them all... :(

Also, the tradecenters are WAY to small when you have multiple zoo's and lots of animals in the zoo... it should be unlimited, I will even pay cc to have unlimmited space!

Other thing is: please STOP closing the windows and resetting everything when you do someting.. for example: when you set filters in the zoo tab and release some animals to the wild.. everything gets clossed AND reset :(
Also being able to search for gold/silver/bronze rated animals - my absolute biggest pet peeve right now.

I haven't played the SA pack at all really because the UI issues are driving me nuts and it feels like the game has very much taken a step backwards this last few updates. I was really looking forwards to being able to do custom entrances in my franchise zoos as I exclusively play franchise, and now that's no longer a thing (after putting time into setting up a zoo to make the most of that + the SA pack that I now have to either abandon or change quite significantly).

The solution to people using the entrances for extra money is simple - make deleting them either cost you cash (kinda like how the trees work if you're clearing an area in a new zoo), or give you back nothing. Or better still (or in addition to this), let you move them to somewhere that works for you and your zoo and delete the entrance area.

Hey, this is intended to ensure the balancing of Scenario/Challenge/Franchise maps after a recent exploit.

You're still able to delete and relocate the original entrance on Sandbox mode to allow full customisation!
I only play sandbox but this is not the right solution. I think it'd be a lot better if the items part of the entrance would simply not yield any cash when selling them. So you can either delete them and not get anything in return, or move them, allowing you to make your own entrance.

I only play sandbox but this is not the right solution. I think it'd be a lot better if the items part of the entrance would simply not yield any cash when selling them. So you can either delete them and not get anything in return, or move them, allowing you to make your own entrance.

Agreed, as someone who exclusivelly plays challenge mode, not being able to delete the entrance is a step back for me. Unlike Career mode- Challenge and Franchise mode should still be able to allow fully customisable zoo, entrance included!

I feel like I've also been having a lot of bad texture resolution more and more with each passing update. In high-piece-count-areas it just defaults to that to save frames, but I would prefer higher texture quality over frames to be honest.

This should definitely be addressed by developers.

While people are discussing Trade Centers, I’m just going to come out and say it. I’m not happy with the new UI and I don’t know a single person who does like it. It’s clunky and complicated and works against the user. I think we would all LOVE a search bar. That would easily solve almost all the qualms I have with the system entirely.

Same here, didn't hear anyone say they were happy with the new UI. A bit puzzled why they changed it like this.
I play/played a lot of management games and rarely seen a change like this, that annoys their players on that part.

It's incredible that at this point we don't have a search bar yet despite how many many many times we have requested that.
I love to see a search bar or extra search bars/filters but heavily requested is certainly not a guarantee for implementing a feature (if only :D)

Morning everyone!

• General Bug Fixes
  • Stability
    • General Crash Fixes.
Been waiting 20 minutes now and the update won't download so the game won't even load :( And no, it's not my internet. Everything else works fine.

Been waiting 20 minutes now and the update won't download so the game won't even load :( And no, it's not my internet. Everything else works fine.
Hey, same here. Update somehow paused, saying I don't have some authority on the files.

Hey, same here. Update somehow paused, saying I don't have some authority on the files.
Mine just says "Downloading 0%". I've paused and unpaused. Still won't download. Hopefully it'll get done by the time I'm come home tonight.

But that's bad for People in Franchise Mode that want a custom Entrance. If I understood it correctly and it was because People could "cheat" more Money at the Beginning, just try making it so that deleting this Entrance won't give any Money or that a specific Star Rating is needed to delete it at which it shouldn't make a big financial Difference anymore

This. I personally cannot stand the standard entrance and honestly am now less inclined to play the game because of that change.

"Just play Sandbox" - sandbox feels like cheating to me, hence why I don't play that mode.

Huh I never really thought of sandbox as cheating. I only play sandbox nowadays. I’ve tried other modes and it’s just too much for someone who just prefers to play PZ for its customization and creativeness. But then again this is how I played zt2 as well. That’s one thing that bugged me about jwe was mission after mission with no sandbox available to start off with. Anyway to each their own on game mode preferences I’m not saying ones any better then the other. As long as you enjoy the game that’s all that matters.

Talk about the chain-link barrier and Steel Mesh Barrier, and Electric Barrier, and the first-grade barrier is messing up big time. They need to upgrade Planet zoo to Intel

Top Bottom