🐾Update 1.6 and Africa Pack Out Now! 🐾

Wow. I love the African DLC especially the Fennecs and Meerkats they are so cute. The update is superb. Animals will no longer be stressed. More demonstrators and the visitors will see more the premises and that the white rhinoceros is mixed with other animals is that I wanted so thank you to the whole team

We only add interspecies enrichment if the animals can live together at 100% welfare, not just cohabit. So, for example, Gemsbok and Bactrian Camels do not work with this, and Mongeese aren't available in-game.
Isn't Mongooses the correct Plural?
Also Meerkats are a Species of Mongoose

Seals and Penguins can still escape by swiming underground for some reason, also Some animals still get boxed for no reason and other animals get marked as being escaped while they are in their habitat. And I even have the No Escape option that got added so they should not even be able to escape at all.

I already asked this elsewhere on the forums but I'll post it here for further visibility.
In the update log, it's mentioned that "Media Foundation" is needed for Planet zoo to support custom sounds using the .mp3, .wav, .aac, and .m4a file types. Does anyone know what this is about?

These are my thoughts about the update/pack so far:

The new polar bear intro is awesome. The diving animation for the polar bears is amazing. The new space requirements are fantastic. My favourite animal in the world is now my favourite animal in the game too. THANKS!

The search bar and the "select all" for staff is a major game changer for me.

Two of the three new paths are perfect. The one with the circles is a bit ugly in my opinion, but the other two are great, especially for indoor areas.

The new plants and building pieces are incredible. The building pieces are super versatile and can be used for many things.

Now, the really important thing, the 4 habitat animals. I still wish we had more animals, but the 4 of them are fabulous! The meerkat is outstanding and probably already in my top 3 animals in the game. The other 3 are top quality too. I can't say anything bad about the habitat animals.

The exhibit animal is the FIRST EUROPEAN EXHIBIT! But this opens the small list of things that I don't like (to be considered as constructive feedback):

I don't like the beetle, sorry. We need smaller boxes for these kind of tiny animals. Also, the list of the countries in the zoopedia is wrong. The map shows they are found in many European Mediterranean countries, but the list only mentions France and Italy.

4 dromedary pieces... Come on!

The meerkat and rhino statues are nice, but too big. If we could also get a standard statue for these two animals I would be happy. Frontier needs to change the mindset of creating super original statues and sings that can be used only in very few situations and give more versatile statutes/signs.

Obviously, there are many more good things that bad things in this pack, which is probably the best one so far.

@Aramar im pretty sure those dromedary statues will come in good use in the future tbh. The building pieces seem more Egyptian then African obviously which makes sense since Africa was covered in the base game. I don’t want to say for absolute sure but hard to believe they’d leave a dromedary out of the game.

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager
I already asked this elsewhere on the forums but I'll post it here for further visibility.
In the update log, it's mentioned that "Media Foundation" is needed for Planet zoo to support custom sounds using the .mp3, .wav, .aac, and .m4a file types. Does anyone know what this is about?
Media Foundation is a dependency we have for playing these files types on Windows. 99% of Windows systems will already have Media foundation installed, but certain builds like Windows N do not come with it. So, basically, if you have an mp3 directly in your user music folder (not in a subfolder) it's likely able to show up and if not then there are guides available for installing media foundation on your system!

I'm not sure if this has been raised elsewhere (I know it was in the past) - but with the revised search functions in the trade centre, you still can't search for the 'medal' rating of the animal (bronze/silver/gold) - this was removed when one of the tweaks a few months back was rolled back and hasn't come back yet. Pretty please could you consider adding this back in soon?

Other than that, I am LOVING this pack. The animals are fab, the construction pieces are just -chefs kiss-. One little tweak as per above and I would be over the moon! :D

4 dromedary pieces... Come on!
My thoughts exactly!
Frontier needs to change the mindset of creating super original statues and sings that can be used only in very few situations and give more versatile statutes/signs.
Agree with this too.
The building pieces seem more Egyptian then African obviously which makes sense since Africa was covered in the base game.
Egyptian is African.

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager
I'm not sure if this has been raised elsewhere (I know it was in the past) - but with the revised search functions in the trade centre, you still can't search for the 'medal' rating of the animal (bronze/silver/gold) - this was removed when one of the tweaks a few months back was rolled back and hasn't come back yet. Pretty please could you consider adding this back in soon?

Other than that, I am LOVING this pack. The animals are fab, the construction pieces are just -chefs kiss-. One little tweak as per above and I would be over the moon! :D
I'll pass it along to the dev team

Just checking our new wonderful additions in game. I have one question for the devs. Do you think the regular glass panels could be updated in the future for better visibility? I noticed the new one-way glass panels are clear while the regular ones are just very murky/not as visible to see through, as seen on the picture below.

The one on the left is the regular one, on the right its the new one-way glass panel.

20210622175216_1.jpg

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hooray!!! Congratulations everyone at Frontier for releasing the Africa Pack! From what I've heard and seen so far it looks like a very promising pack, maybe even the best one yet! ❤️ 🤩 🥳

I look forward to try it out as soon as I dive back into the game. Pack is bought, update downloaded, ready to go!

@markun true but it doesn’t fit the animals in the pack. I was just saying maybe a Egyptian pack could be in the works in the future with animals better suited for that style. I actually like the statues in the game. Zoos are changing and so is what use to be more traditional zoo type scenery. The building materials lack a little at this point but it’s getting there.

Zoos are changing and so is what use to be more traditional zoo type scenery. The building materials lack a little at this point but it’s getting there

My local zoo moved 5 years ago to a new location and their separate sections: all are highly themed.

A quick example of the Hamadryas Baboon habitat entrance:
While the zoo still lacks in species, the look of the zoo is appreciated by a lot of people.
wildlands-emmen-bavianenarena.jpg

Top Bottom