🐾Update 1.6 and Africa Pack Out Now! 🐾

My son and I have been looking forward to this DLC, however, after the update, PZ crashes during startup. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. So far I verified the install via steam.
Thanks.

What a great update and content. I updated and installed the africa dlc and got all four habitat animals for cash. Apologies to those trying to get meerkats in that first bit; my enthusiasm may have unintentionally caused a shortage lol. All that before leaving for work, can’t wait to actually play tonight and get these in my zoos!!

Well I feel like I already wrote this down on Twitter, but I just wanted to say this here again.

For me personally, and this is not a statement I make lightly, I think this is one of the if not the best DLC so far. The pack balances an excellent combination of extremely common zoo animals with a theme set that consists of a plethora of generic looking pieces that can be used for almost anything.

I truly hope this is the way Frontier will tackle future themes as well, deconstructing highly themed architecture into basic pieces that then can be used for so many different things. That is a true form of art and I can only applaud the devs for that.

Great job Frontier, truly! 👏

My son and I have been looking forward to this DLC, however, after the update, PZ crashes during startup. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. So far I verified the install via steam.
Thanks.
I've had the same problem but only when trying to open my most recent zoo. Have you been able to reach the main screen (it did take a couple of attempts to reach the main screen)? If so, try a different zoo, or start a new one. Which sucks but at least I was finally able to get the game working again.

Hello dear Frontier Team

It is a great update.
I have another small request:

Is it possible to make these ropes available in straight versions?
A0001.jpg

Planet Zoo - 1.6.0 Update Notes

New Content - Free Update 1.6

• NEW - Foliage
    • African Oil Palm (3x Variants)
    • Fever Tree (3x Variants)
    • Drinn Grass (3x Variants)
    • Nitraria Retusa Bush (3x Variants)
Is this a typo? The patch notes mention the foliage as being included in the 1.6.0 update, however their in-game tags say they are part of the "Africa Pack."

All these new Sandbox Settings?!?! (Emphasis mine)

• Enable Social Groups
  • Enable Overcrowding
  • Enable Animal Stress
  • Enable Animal Fights
  • Enable Animal Predation and Fear
Habitat Welfare
  • Enable Water Cleanliness
  • Enable Animal Defecation
  • Enable Animals Temperature Needs
  • Enable Animal Terrain Needs
  • Enable Animals Plant Needs
  • Enable Hard Shelter
  • Enable Food Spoiling
General Welfare
  • Enable Escapes
Guest Settings
  • Enable Guests Fleeing
  • Enable negative effect of facilities on guest happiness
  • enable Pickpockets
The ones in red have long prevented some of us builders from making the most amazing habitats we've possibly could.
YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY AWESOME.

Guys, you absolutely nailed those Meerkats. I've spent the evening processing the cuteness overload and I haven't really checked out the rest of the pack. I would have bought it for those alone. They are so tiny and active and funny! I love the animations, the digging... I don't have an opinion about the rest of the content yet, but I'm in awe.

Is this a typo? The patch notes mention the foliage as being included in the 1.6.0 update, however their in-game tags say they are part of the "Africa Pack."

The free Australia Pack-Foliage is tagged as "Australia Pack", too, despite the fact they were free contant.

I feel it is an oversight on Frontier's part that they did not also use the desert map they used for the time scenario as a desert map for Africa in other Modes.
As I suspected, it looks like the desert in Australia only with the different shade of sand.

Wow, this pack (and update) is amazing. Having so much fun in the game today. I LOVE having smaller habitat animals, something the game has been sorely missing in my humble opinion.
The only thing is I wish the mesh building pieces were grid pieces that could be used like the walls.

Also, just a quick comment - when a guest is going to a vista point, it says "Going to Removed Destination." I assume it shouldn't say that so just thought I should mention :p

I think there are also changes with the lions.
In the past versions of PZ my lions stays in their habitat.
Source: https://imgur.com/40rzyWY

Now they jump down and escapes.
Source: https://imgur.com/lY3gikg

Is this a bug? Are there new changes? Do I have to rebuild my whole habitat?

I had the same problem. I had to redo a few habitats that were good before the update.
Was also wondering if some animals had some changes.

I would hold off on rebuilding it as I seen more people on reddit reporting escapes all over the place completely random, I also had escaping animals which should not even be able to escape. Even using the new no escape option that got added they escaped so there is definitely a bug going on that they need to fix.

I had similar issues. My lions, Wild Dogs, Springbok, okapi, and Mandrill habitats have all become easily escapeable. Had to rework scenery and edit barrier height to fix the issues.

The only thing is I wish the mesh building pieces were grid pieces that could be used like the walls.
I think it would be good to have the pieces as they are now as well as building pieces. Building pieces would be easier to put things together and triangular pieces like the building sets would be good too.

I do have the Escape Problem with the Wildebeest. Also my Jaguars weren't able anymore to jump into their Tunnel that is only 1m above the Ground, so I needed to add a Ramp for them.

Edit: am I the only one who has the Problem that Polar Bears almost never dive and if they do it's only for a few Seconds? Maybe they at first made a special Diving AI for Bears so they won't dive all the Time and forgot to change it for the Polar Bear?

Last edited:
Top Bottom