🐾Update 1.6 and Africa Pack Out Now! 🐾

Did they remove the keep water clean sandbox option or did it get renamed to something and am I overlooking it ?

Nevermind I found it, I just overlooked it lol

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the donation bins now make an annoying sound, everytime you get close to one it makes a lot of noise. Was some sort of audio file added onto it ?? And can we maybe get an option to turn that sound off, it really is overwelming at certain locations it even is louder then animals or natural sounds. I understand you guys want to go for realism and have maybe a sound added to it but atleast give us the option to turn it off or maybe lower the volume of that donation bin because for 1 I never heard it before so it either got added with the update or the volume was turned up for it.

Love the new update. Haven't yet played around too much with the Africa Pack stuff yet but the vista points and sandbox options are super handy. I built an "interactive" vet centre by turning off the negative impact radius and adding vista points, to simulate guests being able to see the interesting work vets do (a few zoos in New Zealand do this). Looks a bit barren right now but I really like how versatile 1.6 has made everything.

1624396581838.png

Last edited:
Played long enough to put my white rhinos in their new habitat and check some things out. Very nice pack! I will get a chance to play longer Friday. This is a late Father’s Day gift to me. Can’t think of a better gift! Thanks frontier. This game has been everything I hoped for and more since hoping for a new zoo game since the early zt2 days. Hopefully many more dlcs to come!

Just saw on Reddit that by disabling guests being able to flee from animals you can do a functioning walkthrough habitat with any species. So if anyone wanted to do a red kangaroo walkthrough in Sandbox, you now can.
This was the first thing I thought of upon seeing that option, glad to see it is confirmed to be viable! Still hope we’ll get kangaroos enabled as proper walkthrough animals one day though.

There does seem to be more crashing that usual. New zoo, no mods (obv, as there's none ready for 1.6), just verified game files earlier today. Was just trying to flexicolor a piece of standard plaster.

There does seem to be more crashing that usual. New zoo, no mods (obv, as there's none ready for 1.6), just verified game files earlier today. Was just trying to flexicolor a piece of standard plaster.
Speaking of, about a week ago before the new update my game crashed while trying to flexicolour the New World picnic umbrella. I wonder if there's some minor bug there. It hasn't happened again since, but it could be similar.

Could one of the CM's let us know what the diving depth requirement is? I have a swimming pool that says there's a depth of 4.49m, yet my African penguins aren't diving at all.

I feel kinda dumb, but can somebody tell me where I can find the new mesh pieces? Or are they fence pieces only? What are they called, the new pieces, because I cannot find them

EDIT: Never mind. I was In the wrong panel

Last edited:
I've noticed that since the update the flexicolor 'recently used' color row isn't updating. So, for example, I turn something a bespoke shade of brown but when I go back into the flexicolor menu to color a different item with the same brown, that color isn't in the bottom row of recently used options.

I did notice one annoying bug my warthogs kept jumping their rock formations and jumping on the buildings next to their enclosure. While comical it wasn’t doing that before the update. I understand tho this kind of thing happens after a big update but hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Could one of the CM's let us know what the diving depth requirement is? I have a swimming pool that says there's a depth of 4.49m, yet my African penguins aren't diving at all.
Normally it should be 4m for every Species (sometimes if you click on the Water it shows the wrong Depth, so always check with a Wall if it's deep enough). Polar Bear Diving also seems to be bugged

Found a bug with the exhibits - the window tab no longer displays the window information, only the camera information. So I can't close certain windows or add backgrounds while editing an exhibit.

Edit: I rebooted and it's now working properly, so it might have been just a hiccup.

Last edited:
Another piece of feedback for the devs:

The high-pitch sound that the habitat cameras make is incredibly irritating. I suffer from chronic tinnitus,often even hearing high sounds that no one else do, so I might be more sensitive to it, I dont know, but I need to avoid the cameras now because of it.

Last edited:
After exploring the pack a bit more yesterday, I can give a bit more comprehensive overview (or close to it).

I've put down meerkats so far (fennec foxes are next), and they are absolutely adorable. Their animations are pretty awesome, especially the digging, obviously. I haven't played with other animals yet, but have seen them in videos.

I think the fact that everything is flexi-colour is just amazing. It does make sense that a lot of pieces can change colour, especially with this pack. Out of all the pieces, the first ones that caught my eye were the plaster arches and stairs, the wooden door, and the beautiful bronze-like fence. Oh, and of course, I cannot forget about the mesh fences - and the way they snap together without using the advanced tool.
I would have wanted to have more foliage, but it's not a big deal. My favorites so far are the new grass and the oil palm tree.

The features that we got in the update are such an improvement. The search bars are just... chef's kiss
Overall, I feel like I can't give an exact number rating, but I rate this pack highly. I think it's up there with the Aquatic & SEA pack. I feel like the more we progress, the packs are better because the updates are also better.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of a meerkat enclosure I did yesterday. I have seen some criticism over the big meerkat statue, so yesterday when I was building I really wanted to include it into the build just to see how it would fit (Frontier always makes beautiful scenery, but it's often very stylized, and I have a hard time putting into my zoos). I just sunk it halfway to the ground and hidden an animal talk point into the statue. I think it turned out great. (the picture was taken before I've put down the talk point so the statue is actually a little bit more raised, and I fixed some rocks behind it, but it pretty much looks like the picture)

20210622204356_1.jpg

I really love the pack and the update it's one of the best so far!!

I notice some mistake with the new foliage. They are missing the "tree" tag or "bush" tag, ...

Top Bottom