Update 10 - Odyssey and Horizons

If you put FX Quality and/or Volumetrics on Low instead of Medium your frame rates will actually deteriorate.

Second, High preset enables FSR (draws at lower res and scales up). It looks worse than medium preset - which doesn't turn FSR on.

In my opinion a 1060 is not going to work on High. I have to use a mix of Low and Medium on my 970, and I believe that's a faster card.
I forgot to mention I disabled FSR and yes, I'm aware of that persisting issue with FX and Environment Quality. And I think a 1060 with 6 GB should be enough for a game like this, after all I easily manage to get 120 capped vsync in Horizons in almost all situations.

Yeah this is my issue at this point. The game doesn't look nearly good enough to explain the performance. I have many vastly better looking games that have far more going on that work much better. Odyssey has very broken performance when it comes to structures and NPCs being present.

Your GPU is slightly stronger than my 1070, which runs Odyssey fine for the most part. Like I said, 60fps on Stations where I once saw 20. My CPU (3900x) is stronger but ED doesn't appear to particularly push it hard, perhaps because it threads well? That said, my friend has the 4790k with a 1080ti and runs the game in VR and is quite happy with the performance.

Odd how a decent system is struggling so much.

I forgot to mention I disabled FSR and yes, I'm aware of that persisting issue with FX and Environment Quality. And I think a 1060 with 6 GB should be enough for a game like this, after all I easily manage to get 120 capped vsync in Horizons in almost all situations.

It might be, eventually, but right now if you want higher frame rates you need to compromise on the graphics settings.

I don't even use the High preset on my 1660ti (I run a mix of medium and high)

It might be, eventually, but right now if you want higher frame rates you need to compromise on the graphics settings.

I don't even use the High preset on my 1660ti (I run a mix of medium and high)
Like I said before, even with everything on Off or Low (bar the two settings we mentioned) the FPS is nearly the same now, whereas it did yield some performance increases prior to Update 8. For instance, I get the exact same FPS (30-40) in on-foot CZs, regardless of settings.

I am not seeing the extreme freezes seen originally, by far. Since update 8 all I see a slight momentary dip in FPS just when the ship lands, but it is barely noticeable. A least in my case.
I was experiencing more or less the same... but I ended up figuring out the the FPS would drop depending to where in the settlement I was pointing my ship (hovering about 50m above ground).

I shall test it with the update 10 to figure out if there is any improvement to this...

Factions
The Pirate Attack faction state will now:
  • No longer trigger when only criminal factions are present in a starsystem
  • Temporarily make weapon commodities legal in most jurisdictions
  • Cause factions to lose influence to criminal factions present in that starsystem
  • Criminal factions will no longer experience active security states and their Security Points will lock at 0
  • Odyssey settlements controlled by criminal factions will now prefer to export commodities (at the usual favourable pricing) that are illegal in other jurisdictions. Their exports will return to normal if control changes to other faction types
  • Odyssey settlements that were incorrectly exporting Meta Alloys will no longer do so
  • Incorrectly negative faction consequences when selling salvaged commodities for a relatively low value were fixed
  • The Black Market station service will now activate when the controlling faction has an active Civil Unrest state
  • Faction consequences from selling commodities are now based on satisfying available demand at the Commodity Market
  • You can now support a faction by buying commodities from it, based upon satisfying available supply at its Commodity Market
  • When buying and selling, it's generally more positive to a faction to satisfy a higher supply and demand (green 3-bar icon) than a lower (red 1-bar icon), and it's generally more positive to trade more expensive commodities than cheaper ones

O7
Do all the bullets point changes there only apply to Pirate Attack Faction state, since they are all indented more than "The Pirate Attack faction state will now:" but some of them don't seem to make sense for that context?

Posting this here in case it helps with the issue, if you examine the screenshot you will see I have my scoop down, I have targeted the mat, in this case nickel, I have capacity as I only have 291 of 300, but as soon as I target the mat the message "material acquired" immediately pops up before you have a chance to grab it, you can then drive over the mat which will vanish as if it's scooped, but it never gets added to the inventory, I tried with about 6 lots of nicked and it just sat at 291.

I tried both geo and bio mats and different types of mats, they all behaved the same.

xfBZvqA.jpg
I second this issue - for me, on landing and collecting my first material, when I go to get a second material it just says "Material Acquired" when the cargo scoop is deployed. It is then like the cargo scoop is not deployed, and the material is kicked away if I get too close with the wheels or it disappears entirely. I have checked the health of my scoop and haven't seen this behaviour before. This has happened since the update...

It is and it isn't. You can unlock her and sometimes you can be lucky as it recognizes all the missions. But some people can run loads of the right missions and not unlock her.
I'm more inclined to believe those people don't always take correct mission types. Theres number of variations, but only one counts. It doesn't help that there is no counter on engineer page.

• Gold and black paint job colours were adjusted
  • Ember paint jobs were adjusted
  • Midnight Black paint jobs were adjusted
In the next update, please could you also adjust the galvanised copper colour on the Python? It doesn't have quite the same lustre as it does in Horizons, and that was why I bought it in Horizons. Really missing it...

Top Bottom