Update 11 Patch Notes

So, if I take the bartender service, can I set up Buy orders for the various mats I need to engineer my on-foot kit & hope other players swing by to sell them to my bartender, and withdraw those mats for my own use? Or is it set up to be something far less useful?

Isn't this a feature just to allow material trading between alts?

Why can't I issue a jump order from the Captains seat?

1647354181307.png

Also, I hate to nitpick because I love the interiors but as someone who was looking forward to making a business out of grinding my face off getting Odyssey materials and selling them, the 100 unit cap on the carrier completely neuters this feature right out the gate. I had planned to rename my carrier and run a dedicated shop selling Odyssey materials because I love that portion of the game that much and want to profit off it and get more Commanders to play Odyssey by allowing them to bypass their grind... But no I can't store anymore than a single maverick backpacks worth of goods on my carrier at any given point in time.

So here are some questions that are nagging me...
  • Why can't I use all my carriers free tonnage for Odyssey material storage and market? I have 12,000+ tons of space free. I should be able to store 12,000+ units of Odyssey materials or set up buy orders for that quantity. I don't care that Odyssey mats aren't the same size as cargo cannisters.
  • Why are the prices we can set for Odyssey materials so completely and totally detatched from their actual value to players and respective rarity? Manufacturing Instructions are used to upgrade everything and can only be sold for 90k/each. Most general assets can't be sold for more than 5k each... The most valuable things you can sell have absolutely no value to players at all and even then you can't keep enough stock on hand to make a decent profit without constantly micro-managing your micro-stock for your mico-resources.. Talk about a macro-pain.
  • Why can't I access carrier services from my captains seat or ready room desk chair? As the carrier owner I should have complete access to change my active ship, manage my carrier and even outfit my ship and transfer cargo between my ship, storage and inventory to and from the carrier from these two seats.
  • Why can't I enable squadron members to access the command deck and therefore my ready room?
  • Why can't I chat while sitting!? I can't access the "ENTER" to chat or open my social panel, even with a hotkey while seated. Talk about a massive oversight.

Attachments

• 1647354159407.png
    1647354159407.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I can't seem to disembark after installing the new services. Is there a workaround. I've tried logging out and it doesn't work.

I'm not installing Vista Genomics until I understand if there is a premium to pay when selling data there (like UniCarti on Fleet Carrier).

Apex Interstellar does not offer its services to Fleet Carriers.
Could maybe get fleet carrier owners the ability to book apex shuttles to the carrier they own (maybe accessible via the command elevator or the normal docking bay), so I can just fly to my carrier (after I got killed on ground and being sent to prison), and to give the owner the ability to use them to fly to maybe just local planets for free (maybe also long range for free (had nothing against paying for it(maybe as a small module (with very low maintenance cost)))).

Deleted member 182079

D

View attachment 296304

Also, I hate to nitpick because I love the interiors but as someone who was looking forward to making a business out of grinding my face off getting Odyssey materials and selling them, the 100 unit cap on the carrier completely neuters this feature right out the gate. I had planned to rename my carrier and run a dedicated shop selling Odyssey materials because I love that portion of the game that much and want to profit off it and get more Commanders to play Odyssey by allowing them to bypass their grind... But no I can't store anymore than a single maverick backpacks worth of goods on my carrier at any given point in time.

• Why can't I use all my carriers free tonnage for Odyssey material storage and market? I have 12,000+ tons of space free. I should be able to store 12,000+ units of Odyssey materials or set up buy orders for that quantity. I don't care that Odyssey mats aren't the same size as cargo cannisters.
  • Why are the prices we can set for Odyssey materials so completely and totally detatched from their actual value to players and respective rarity? Manufacturing Instructions are used to upgrade everything and can only be sold for 90k/each. Most general assets can't be sold for more than 5k each... The most valuable things you can sell have absolutely no value to players at all and even then you can't keep enough stock on hand to make a decent profit without constantly micro-managing your micro-stock for your mico-resources.. Talk about a macro-pain.
  • Why can't I access carrier services from my captains seat or ready room desk chair? As the carrier owner I should have complete access to change my active ship, manage my carrier and even outfit my ship and transfer cargo between my ship, storage and inventory to and from the carrier from these two seats.
  • Why can't I enable squadron members to access the command deck and therefore my ready room?
  • Why can't I chat while sitting!? I can't access the "ENTER" to chat or open my social panel, even with a hotkey while seated. Talk about a massive oversight.
Looks like the previously hopeful addition of data trading and long-requested feature of sitting down (GLOL) are already dead in the water by the looks of it.

Nobody (including myself) is going to trade mats at those low prices, and sitting down without even the ability to bring up menus like the carrier one or even just the chat menu? Christ alive FDev. What were you thinking when you designed this.

View attachment 296304

1. Fdev believes that by limiting the ability to transfer discrete items from one player to another will limit the exploitation of that ability by players who have alts to trade with themselves.
2. Did you want this released a few weeks late or half a year late?
3. squadrons...that reminds them, squadrons exist.
4. see #2

Carrier now taking 50 mins to jump. A bug??
View attachment 296327

No just completely undocumented behavior that fdev felt didn't need to be mentioned and that probably nobody would notice. (edit: it's dynamic based on current server "load")

You know, the "surprise" part of the update.

Back
Top Bottom