Update 11 - Release Date Change

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I would hope for this, but don't actually expect it.
If this is the case I will open up my FC to pilots, if not, I will seal off my FC to all!.

I will grant access to everyone and just sit there watching them from a dark corner of my cockpit with a tear slowly running down my cheek.

Latest version, released on the 8th of February.

Just be aware, you'll need to update firmware on your VPC devices, which will mean you'll need to redo your keybinds, tho.

Awesome, thanks!

I'm used to rebinding keybinds, I'm an elite player. :mad:

Is there an urgent need for the DSSA fleet to add or modify their interiors or can it be done when least inconvenient for their owners?
Well, being able to have Vista Genomics is quite relevant for a DSSA. Also Pioneer (because of batteries etc)

Last edited:
Well, being able to have Vista Genomics is quite relevant for a DSSA. Also Pioneer (because of batteries etc)

still.. it's a hard argument to make that anything related to deep space "exploration" is urgently needing anything ....besides game content and gameplay and a purpose other than aesthetic or arbitrary.

still.. it's a hard argument to make that anything related to deep space "exploration" is urgently needing anything ....besides game content and gameplay and a purpose other than aesthetic or arbitrary.

I quite disagree in relation to Vista Genomics... the main purpose of a DSSA is to give support to deep space explorators, either in form of repairs, restock or saving exploration data in order to avoid losing them (and the first discovery awards) in case of any problems. As with UC, Vista Genomics plays a big part in that and is a big chunk of the services DSSA would provide, so, yes, for a DSSA being able to provide Vista support is very relevant (i agree Pioneer shop is not so much).
Also, i don't think we know how VG sales will work but UC is one of the main source of income for a DSSA, so not having Vista could also affect a DSSA "financially" - yes, i know DSSAs have enough credits to last for all their deployment period, but still.

It's not like DSSA did not think about it anyway, i can assure you it is a very relevant topic. Of course until what happens is known there is no decision made, but there is a whole support initiative (STAR) between DSSA/FCOC and other groups for this and other related activities (like new deployments, off duty carrier returns to the bubble etc)

I quite disagree in relation to Vista Genomics... the main purpose of a DSSA is to give support to deep space explorators, either in form of repairs, restock or saving exploration data in order to avoid losing them (and the first discovery awards) in case of any problems. As with UC, Vista Genomics plays a big part in that and is a big chunk of the services DSSA would provide, so, yes, for a DSSA being able to provide Vista support is very relevant (i agree Pioneer shop is not so much).
Also, i don't think we know how VG sales will work but UC is one of the main source of income for a DSSA, so not having Vista could also affect a DSSA "financially" - yes, i know DSSAs have enough credits to last for all their deployment period, but still.

It's not like DSSA did not think about it anyway, i can assure you it is a very relevant topic. Of course until what happens is known there is no decision made, but there is a whole support initiative (STAR) between DSSA/FCOC and other groups for this and other related activities (like new deployments, off duty carrier returns to the bubble etc)

UC isn't an urgent need either. They're nice to have's. The number of "explorers" who have died even with weeks and months of accumulated data are extremely tiny in comparison to the swaths who have no problem in the black. There's no threat or hazard that would create a real need here. It's even less of an urgent need for explorers than refueling...and refueling emergencies are hardly ever a thing.

All of the DSSA and everything related to exploration are not urgent needs or services. There's nothing urgent about that entire role. That seems to be kind of the point fdev wants of the role. It's antithetical to the whole idea of anything being urgent or needed to succeed.

Best solution to that is the ability to draw weapons in concourses.

Totally this. The nice stations have working security measures to stop you doing it, but the crappy ones don't and you can have shoot-outs and fights. And if you are hostile with a faction they should send some thugs round to let you know you're not welcome.

Thing is, NPC's won't ever collectively decide to form a blockade across the lifts, or pioneer/frontline because they think it's funny
Private group exists or solo if you dont like what players are doing. The possibility of this happening once is no reason to have it so you can stand inside another commander. Its immersion breaking and honestly looks like a mistake. Fdev please adress this. When corvette had landing gear with no collosions you fixed that please fix this too.

Totally this. The nice stations have working security measures to stop you doing it, but the crappy ones don't and you can have shoot-outs and fights. And if you are hostile with a faction they should send some thugs round to let you know you're not welcome.
Yes that would be awesome. In tourism or good stations u have 1 shot turrets to act as mass murder deterrent but anarchy/trashy stations you can pull a murder hobo but maybe the police will come and try to kill you and u respawn in jail.

That could be awesome!

Sort of.
Yea, if you can get the billions for a carrier, you know how to get money for the maintenance. It just makes it tedious.

No, it doesn't.

As before you were doing it as you went along, once you own the carrier, you must do it regularly.

No, I must not.

It taints activities that were once fun with even a little bit of a shade of "now this has to be done IE: work".

Again: no it doesn't.

Carrier owner here. My upkeep is 15 mil/week.

I now play the game only on weekends. I make three times my upkeep in under two hours of actual FUN gameplay, mostly combat and trade. I don't even think about the upkeep anymore. My upkeep is already covered for five years, FC balance alone not counting personal balance. That's how easy it is to make credits in the game.

No tedious repetitive "work" required. Just have fun playing the game and the credits start pouring in.

Greetings Commanders

This is a brief post to let you know that the release of Update 11 has been moved to the 8th of March. This will allow the development team more time to properly prepare content such as Fleet Carrier interiors and include other fixes.

The new release date is subject to change, however if it does we will let you know in advance.

O7
Would it make any sense to have a PTR-type release? In the past, we've had bugs that were discovered by the community, probably doing things the devs just didn't happen to think about, and an ensuing ".1" patch. It would be nice to avoid that if possible.

im quite pessimistic about this update. rumor that the carrier interiors are coming in update 11. i dont trust it, frontier has a history of delays after delays after delays for major features to be released. i will be happy if my pessimism is proven wrong this one time.

Private group exists or solo if you dont like what players are doing. The possibility of this happening once is no reason to have it so you can stand inside another commander. Its immersion breaking and honestly looks like a mistake. Fdev please adress this. When corvette had landing gear with no collosions you fixed that please fix this too.

You mean there are no incessant demands to make the game open only, glad to hear it!

I'd like to see the update held back a little longer but opened as a "beta" type release so players could test. Maybe for a further week?
I don't believe they can afford another messy alpha/beta as we had in Odyssey.
Not really anything new anyway, it's just just the concourse pasted into the carrier.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom