Update 11 - Release Date Change

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
A column of salt? So people that can't afford a PC are salty? Weird, like it's their fault that FDev promised us Odyssey and all that happens is PC updates and leaving the consoles in the dark. How is it salty to want to play the game? And don't give me that just buy a pc , before the latest gen consoles were a decent and cheaper way to game, if they can't do it then they just need to say so. It's not salt, it's a lack of communication. Narcissist have a hard time telling the difference though.
if you cant aford a ryzen 3 1200 8 gigs of ram and a gtx 1050 ti you have more pressing issues than gaming ... a 1050 ti goes for like what 120 bucks tops .. a ryzen 1200 is around 70 or 80 lol

I see PC players keep getting updates, is there a patch log yet and are there any updates for console players? Just getting the new SRV would be nice. Can we get any info as console players or you gonna force me to get a PC to play Star Citizen?
nice meme tho on the scam citizen ... with that sayd even if you buy a pc you wont be able to play sc . theres literal no conent in the tec demo(you have to grind even a worse grind for ships/money than edos engeneering) .. not only that a rtx 3060 ti struggles to run it .. and even if you try to get a 3090 goodluck getting one under 2k lmao

All the bad stuff happening out there in the real world, yet here on this forum people lose their minds over a video game update being delayed by a few days.

giphy.gif
What does one have to do with the other?

"All the bad stuff going on in the world and you still want me to do the dishes"?

if you cant aford a ryzen 3 1200 8 gigs of ram and a gtx 1050 ti you have more pressing issues than gaming ... a 1050 ti goes for like what 120 bucks tops .. a ryzen 1200 is around 70 or 80 lol
Did you miss the past two years in which every single GPU was ridiculously priced? Even now, the cheapest 1050 Ti I can find is about £170 retail.
Not that such a setup could run Odyssey well anyway.

I try to stay out of the console wars.. But why on earth should they have to buy a new PC.. I for one can understand and commiserate! IIRC they were expecting EDO and then got told it's not possible and we'll concentrate on the core version, we'll let you know sometime in the future what we'll do with consoles. I don't think it's a big mystery why they would clamour for news..

Still this is FDev, so it's unlikely that there will be a roadmap and at some point console commanders will be told yes or no, personally I'd be inclined to think yes in some form or other but at a later date.

the issue with the update is that the horzions carreirs or people with horizons cant put the new stuff (pioneer supplys etc) in there own carreirs since you have to add that component to horizons.. and its an odssey component .. they basicly forgot that horizons existed LMAO

t .guy who knows what they are doing ..

complains his pc cant run edo . says he will buy sc .. memes memes people..

with that sayd that setup cna run edo . better than any ones pc can run Scam sctizen .. anyway can prove me wrong btw so post it here folks :)
Yup. I have a Ryzen 5900X, 64gb of memory, and a 3080 - and SC is an absolute skip fire on it. (Not that Odyssey was any better at launch, mind - but its massively improved the last 8-9 months, while SC seems to just get worse.)

complains his pc cant run edo . says he will buy sc .. memes memes people..

with that sayd that setup cna run edo . better than any ones pc can run Scam sctizen .. anyway can prove me wrong btw so post it here folks :)
Well I have a Ryzen 2700X, 32GB RAM, and an RX 580 8GB, and on Mid settings it still struggles doing anything on planets...

You aren't wrong about Star Citizen though, it makes even the EDO alpha look like beautifully optimised software.

Indeed, I think it's well known there's been problems and delays over the years but one fundamental issue I can see is that they're not learning from their mistakes. It's the same old thing with every update and the one thing I'd be asking internally is why!
I don't think they have a manager (if they do have one, then he's not doing what his job description says).

Well I have a Ryzen 2700X, 32GB RAM, and an RX 580 8GB, and on Mid settings it still struggles doing anything on planets...

You aren't wrong about Star Citizen though, it makes even the EDO alpha look like beautifully optimised software.
check if you in the preset "High" have amd fsr in "performance" mode (theres a current bug with that presset) makes your fps tank .. set amd fsr to high quality or ultra quality"

you should be able to run the game on ultra tbh if not set it to high quality preset and change the fsr to high quality dont leave it in perfromance (its bugged)

dont evne know how no one reported that issue yet tbh

eddit .. that perfromance thingy in the fsr thing has been bugged since it was added to the game btw ..........

check if you in the preset "High" have amd fsr in "performance" mode (theres a current bug with that presset) makes your fps tank .. set amd fsr to high quality or ultra quality"

you should be able to run the game on ultra tbh if not set it to high quality preset and change the fsr to high quality dont leave it in perfromance (its bugged)
I use the High preset, but disable FSR/upscaling. In and around settlements the game drops down to like 30 fps. Not unbearable and definitely playable. Changing it to Mid only helps a little, and Ultra is notably worse.

dont evne know how no one reported that issue yet tbh
Why haven't you?

I have been waiting for months to give cash on console to FDev for EDO and they can't even take it.
I would still play ED on PS4 until it died or switched off as there is still so much I want to do in ED wit my new FC, whilst my gaming PC would be for far better things than FDev wastrels.

why do you expect a game who went with a major redo on its engine not to upgrade are you that navie or you dont know how tecnolagy works???? btw since you are out of the console wars .. why do people who have ps1s be forced to get ps4s to play gta v? see i can ask you the same question as you did and see how that sounds??
But of course, a new game or a newer version of a game might need beefier hardware, that's a given.. I think console players would accept having to move to the new generation for EDO..

Still the suggestion that they ought to buy a PC is probably not what they want to hear, they are probably waiting on news regarding whether they can keep playing it, if they can get EDO on last gen, or if they need to upgrade their consoles..

I think console manufacturers are giving up on consoles….
What on earth makes you think that?
Look at Rockstar games GTA - it is on every platform ever! and they are much bigger than FDev.

Note, BTW I played both GTA on PS (my favorite was GTA London '69) and ED on spectrum 128 - who's the winner?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom