Update 11 - Release Date Change

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul. Can you also confirm whether the new onboard jump animation is only visible to players in Odyssey or will it also be available to Horizons players? Thanks
Since one cannot disembark in Horizons, how exactly is someone in Horizons supposed to walk up to the bridge to watch?

Delayed again, must mean even more new ships. Fingers crossed for an Imperial Explorer to go with the Panther Clipper.
I do hope for more Imperial ships. We've got the Courier, the Clipper and the Cutter. I, personally, want to see Imperial Clutters, Courtesans, Cold Sores, Crepes and Clementines.
Since one cannot disembark in Horizons, how exactly is someone in Horizons supposed to walk up to the bridge to watch?
So they not only did it right, the also went further and used their other channels.
I fail to see why this has been ridiculed.

Look, if you insist on allowing facts or logic to get in the way of emotional reactions, you're just going to have to go somewhere else.

So they not only did it right, the also went further and used their other channels.
I fail to see why this has been ridiculed.

Seems like you are settled in your opinion regardless :)

A post mid-thread alone wouldn't have been enough, with the rest people have a much better chance of seeing the updated info than that post alone. There will still be people that don't check for CM posts every day & no doubt there will be some confusion in the morning. Whether those people are pointed to the updated OP of this post or a new thread makes no difference, but for some past updates e-mails have been sent out.

As i mentioned above, the animation could simply be 'relayed' to the ship. So rather than watching the hangar wall you watch a livestream of the animation. It's basically a simple solution that doesn't disenfranchise 60% of the player base - i.e. those who don't use Odyssey - from seeing the new animation.

As far as i am aware in Odyssey you won't walk up to the bridge anyway, it is all done for you as you can't sit in the bar during the actual jump. So, if it's automatic in Odyssey, why not in Horizons?

Last edited:
You will not need to make any jumps to install the social spaces themselves, however the new services are like any other and must be installed in a system that has Carrier Facilities. If your carrier already has a shipyard, its on foot counterpart will already be installed.

Oh no... its going to be a nightmare to even get into those systems for weeks or months now....

Star Citizen looks absolutely brilliant. I've been resisting because I think I'm only going to have time for one or the other. But I think I'm going to have to go for it.

Sure Elite will get Fleet Carrier interiors, but every ship within Star Citizen has ship interiors. All of them!

A lot of the streamers who used to play Elite now stream Star Citizen since Odyssey failed and due to continuing lack of content from Elite. Most say they could never go back to Elite now they've played Star Citizen and I just feel like I'm losing out. I've got to be honest.

I absolutely love Drew Wagers streams on it. As well as D2EA and Citizen Kate. Well worth a watch.

When looking at SC and its "amazing" interiors, its also worth looking at what it doesn't have and the current state of it.

Its also worth noting that CIG are now diverting most of their resources to SQ42, which most backers don't have a package for, meaning any money anyone pledges at this time is going to the development of a game they won't have access to unless they pay additional money for the SQ42 package.

[...] but every ship within Star Citizen has ship interiors. All of them!

[...] I absolutely love Drew Wagers streams on it. [...] Well worth a watch.

Disclaimer: I don't care for SC. I despise the business model, and the lack of playability in VR alone is a turn off for me. To be fair I would not play Elite without VR either, though. Anyway, I have no first hand experience with it, and I'm not planning on it.

I tried watching Drew's first SC streams, but got turned off pretty quickly by the constant "look, my new girlfriend is much prettier than the old one" attitude. I like his childish wonder and exitement about stuff, but he needs to get over the fact that Frontier didn't want or need his services anymore. It was the same with his (first) NMS streams (which I didn't continue to watch as I don't like NMS). You play a different game now, get over it.

Apart from that I remember he spent what felt like half an hour admiring the interior of his ship while constantly emphasizing that he could never go back (to Elite). Look, a bunk bed to sit on. And a locker to store stuff in. Yay. And the gameplay was... zero. Granted, it was pretty to look at, but that was it.

Apart from that he took too long and his launch request timed out... so he had to store his ship, run all the way back to a terminal, re-request the ship, and then run back to the ship to launch it, all of which took what felt like an eternity. Then I stopped watching. If there is compelling gameplay (and I'm not saying there is not) it is well hidden amongst tediousness.

Last edited:
Delayed again, must mean even more new ships. Fingers crossed for an Imperial Explorer to go with the Panther Clipper.
You realize that adding new ships wouldn't be a cause to delay the patch. They could just bump out the new ships to a patch down the road and get out the promised carrier interiors. The only reason they have delayed is that the thing everyone wants is not working as intended and they had promised it and every one is hyped. They release a patch with a problem on the key feature everyone is waiting for and the game is done. They can't screw up even half as bad as Odyssey without losing more players. They have to get this right first time.

Another reason for the delay could be that it is time for their console announcement with this patch. Maybe they got the game where they want it, except for a minor glitch, and they are going to share it all at once...

:ROFLMAO:

You realize that adding new ships wouldn't be a cause to delay the patch. They could just bump out the new ships to a patch down the road and get out the promised carrier interiors. The only reason they have delayed is that the thing everyone wants is not working as intended and they had promised it and every one is hyped. They release a patch with a problem on the key feature everyone is waiting for and the game is done. They can't screw up even half as bad as Odyssey without losing more players. They have to get this right first time.

Another reason for the delay could be that it is time for their console announcement with this patch. Maybe they got the game where they want it, except for a minor glitch, and they are going to share it all at once...

:ROFLMAO:
In reply to console news (I may be wrong):
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1y-DDpASk

Star Citizen looks absolutely brilliant. I've been resisting because I think I'm only going to have time for one or the other. But I think I'm going to have to go for it.

Sure Elite will get Fleet Carrier interiors, but every ship within Star Citizen has ship interiors. All of them!

A lot of the streamers who used to play Elite now stream Star Citizen since Odyssey failed and due to continuing lack of content from Elite. Most say they could never go back to Elite now they've played Star Citizen and I just feel like I'm losing out. I've got to be honest.

I absolutely love Drew Wagers streams on it. As well as D2EA and Citizen Kate. Well worth a watch.
You do what you want to, it's your choice after all what you do with your time.
I'm waiting to see what Elite does in the coming update, but SC has never appealed to me.
I don't have much faith in a game that has:
  • Started development at the same tine as elite;
  • Is still in Alpha or Beta build;
  • Needs more resources (PC wise) then Elite;
  • Is full of Payed content (Ships), so you can be ganked by someone who has bought a ship with IRL currency;
  • SC has nowhere near the galaxy size that elite does and i like to explore and mine resources.
And since i play multiple games i have the patience to see where FD's effort lead us.

Disclaimer: I don't care for SC. I despise the business model, and the lack of playability in VR alone is a turn off for me. To be fair I would not play Elite without VR either, though. Anyway, I have no first hand experience with it, and I'm not planning on it.

I tried watching Drew's first SC streams, but got turned off pretty quickly by the constant "look, my new girlfriend is much prettier than the old one" attitude. I like his childish wonder and exitement about stuff, but he needs to get over the fact that Frontier didn't want or need his services anymore. It was the same with his (first) NMS streams (which I didn't continue to watch as I don't like NMS). You play a different game now, get over it.

Apart from that I remember he spent what felt like half an hour admiring the interior of his ship while constantly emphasizing that he could never go back (to Elite). Look, a bunk bed to sit on. And a locker to store stuff in. Yay. And the gameplay was... zero. Granted, it was pretty to look at, but that was it.

Apart from that he took too long and his launch request timed out... so he had to store his ship, run all the way back to a terminal, re-request the ship, and then run back to the ship to launch it, all of which took what felt like an eternity. Then I stopped watching. If there is compelling gameplay (and I'm not saying there is not) it is well hidden amongst tediousness.
What did you expect? I'm not surprised he's just showing off ship interiors when that's what's "missing" in Elite according to many.

His Elite streams were him rambling on about the game's lore while pressing the J button for an hour. If you're watching his streams for the gameplay you'll be disappointed no matter the game I'm afraid.

I don't think any company is run by the PR dept.

Edit: As in that was not my point.

Sometimes needs must. ED suffered in 2021 with the poor EDO release and FD pretty justified in trying to stem that with early news of FC interiors. Players beg for more information about upcoming things but ultimately we can't have it both ways. If we want that roadmap ahead of time we're going to have to put up schedule slides, a problem you don't have if you don't know the schedule in the first place.

Sometimes needs must. ED suffered in 2021 with the poor EDO release and FD pretty justified in trying to stem that with early news of FC interiors. Players beg for more information about upcoming things but ultimately we can't have it both ways. If we want that roadmap ahead of time we're going to have to put up schedule slides, a problem you don't have if you don't know the schedule in the first place.
As things are, the road map (and "new improved communication") has been ditched, and still there has been nothing but damage control since the EDO release. Also, the chaotic EDO release was 100% up to Fdev management, and trying to "stem that", though maybe understandable, seems like just another mess up.

Disclaimer: I love the game, but I think we all have a point where the enthusiasm runs thin.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom