Update 17.01 | Update Notes

after the update, the process of exiting off the ship onto the planet takes a long time with the sound of footsteps in the background. How to fix it?
It might be placebo, but every time I get stuck in the black screen while disembarking it seems to be when I click the disembark button before the loadout avatars in the lower UI panel finish generating. When I wait until the images load I never get the infinite black screen.

ehink ive found it,fingers crossed,on fc go to inventory,tranfere to ship ignore,select item to transfer,left of that small arrow, click that to transfer item to ship .confirm transfer, leave inventory re-open should be in ship .
sorry, I don't get what you are trying to tell me here.

that is correct. I just don't understand what you are trying to tell me with that post. I cannot follow the process you are trying to explain. Happy to test your idea, but you have to write it somewhwat clearer. I just don't get it.

sry its me, when on fc you remain in youre cockpit.go to inventory select transfer,selet the item to transfer,to the left of it will be a little arrow ,click on that and it will move items to ship.then confirm transfere at the bottom,leave iventory,then re-open the items will be or should be in the ship,

agreed, that is how it SHOULD work. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Some transfer, some don't. E.g., I can consistently make the thargoid hearts I have in store disappear by just transferring them and then confirming. They are gone. Relog via menu makes reappear on the carrier.
And I still can't see any pattern in this god awful bug. 🤷‍♂️

IIRC, this still happens with stolen items?

I think this was a bug before u17/17.1, maybe it wasn't completely fixed. I haven't tested extensively but it appeared fixed for non stolen items (in my quick testing).

I think I read that with the old bug you could sell one item to yourself, and then transfer would work.

I'm miffed that I can't transfer stolen tritium to my ship, and that I have to sell it via secure storage in order to refill my carrier..

How can I contact the developers with this problem?

after the update, the process of exiting off the ship onto the planet takes a long time with the sound of footsteps in the background. How to fix it?

How can I contact the developers with this problem?

I am not having this problem recently and in the past it has occurred in patterns more like the get stuck hyper jumping or long drop out of supercruise which are all associated with servers and the connection to them.

So my suggestion is to go to the support web page and raise a ticket with them.

I would say report it as per the correct channels , however please don't expect Fdev to look at it before you get 10+ votes and there is no guarantee if they will work on it, due to recent events .

I tried mined goods like Plat, Osmium and the likes. No "stolen" tags. I transfer via panel from carrier to ship and when I press confirm the stuff vanishes just like before. Relog makes the first commodity appear on my ship, the rest is back in carrier storage.
Issue is reproducable. Seems to me that this issue was only fixed in one direction...🤷‍♂️
If you select the "Goods" category in the FC Storage, then when you move a specific item to a ship, a random move from the "Assets" category will occur; as a result, you will not be able to move the selected item. Only if you use the "Move All" option. I had this before the patch for all categories, after the patch it remained specifically for Goods.

Greetings Commanders!

Elite Dangerous Live/4.0 servers are now available and Update 17.01 is now live!

Thread is now open for feedback, urgent issues (Please do still use the Issue Tracker) or void born chanting you may wish to share.

Servers can sometimes take a while for the hamsters to get to full speed in their treadmills, so please don't panic if the update/servers are not available for you right away.
Greetings! This is not really the spot I was looking for, hopefully you can pass this on to whoever needs to read it... I just wanted to say Thank You to the support people who made it possible for me to play Elite Dangerous. I was having problems with a new computer. I know just about enough to get myself in trouble, and that's it... I've actually been through (now) three computers that couldn't play Elite! My new computer had enough juice to play Elite! Yaaa :) . For some reason though, it would not play. But, it did generate a problem ticket automatically! So, somewhere along the line, the problem got fixed and I can now scream at my computer when I get blown up trying to fight 30 pirates in Anacondas with my lone Sidewinder! :p I was playing Elite back in the 80's. So, I guess you could say I'm a fan of Elite! Anyway, Thank you all for your help! Merry Christmas! C. Winterstein, Independence, Oregon

I guess it's a good place to add my heartfelt thanks to everyone at Frontier for what IMO is one of the best games around! Been playing for many years and still not bored with it. I know that Odyssey had a rocky start and that the company is in troubles, but I hope you're all having a fantastic Christmas, that everything goes well next year, and that we'll see many cool new things for many years to come.

Also thanks to the voluntary moderation team, even though you occasionally spank me..

Thank you all and my best wishes,

Jack

Last edited:
Top Bottom