Update 17.01 | Update Notes

Hi guys, i have an issue with the this recent update: my progression bar on the launcher stayed blocked on 0%. Is there something that i can do to fix it or i have simply to wait? I left it for at least one hour, but nothing has changed. Thanks :)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Apparently NOT. Why bother fixing problems hundreds (thousands?) are having when we can make spires prettier?

Well, while I would love many other bugs to be fixed as well, there is perhaps a few points to consider:
  • Paul did say they are aware of the bug that was mentioned
  • they are going through a difficult time which affects the people working there
  • they did say they are shifting focus to builder games and are working on 3 new titles

Maybe cut them some slack?

Top tip - bug reports that start with "f you" tend to end up lower in the priority list...
I know, but look at this:
17.png

And the problem is global, not for me, not for just my squad, for the whole IND regions under attack. Problem is only
due to your voting system + mostly inert playerbase
It is not too critical to create mass riots, so it is happened like this.

to everyone liked up there, I can say sorry... but I can't.. the report is not editable anymore, and the tracker has the same issue. If problem is not confirmed by 10 other players and not voted up 15 times = almost guaranteed it not gonna be seen by devs. this one was an exclusion. And few others from U17

Last edited:
Still afloat as it ever was. Kinda hoping for more stuff to see and do inside starports, small rpgey busywork you know, uhm, sorry wrong place :)

Well, while I would love many other bugs to be fixed as well, there is perhaps a few points to consider:
  • Paul did say they are aware of the bug that was mentioned
  • they are going through a difficult time which affects the people working there
  • they did say they are shifting focus to builder games and are working on 3 new titles

Maybe cut them some slack?
/Rant - Read at your own risk, I accept no responsibility for your sensitivities...

Cut them some slack for screwing up the game with Odyssey, taking forever to fix it, failing to release decent, money making titles to keep the company afloat over the last few years, or failing to maintain adequately and develop as promised, a game some of us have spent hundreds on (multiple copies, Arx, multiple platforms - some of which are no longer supported...)? I'll happily cut the CM's some slack at a personal level (but this isn't at a personal level, they're repping the company here) it isn't their fault, I'll even cut some of the Devs slack, since as a Dev myself, I'm well aware of the awful way in which some software and game development companies operate with MVP's (Most Viable Product) and ridiculous targets, causing the release of crap code, but I won't 'cut them some slack' when it comes to FDev as a company, who have driven out a massive section of the player base (PVPers, Newtoneers, etc.) with no hope of bringing them back and especially for refusing to let the CM's properly communicate the future of the game to the playerbase.

I played pretty much daily until just after Ody, I pre-ordered like many others, I had the game on XBox and have purchased 4 copies on PC of both the base game and Ody, I've purchased Arx, I was there defending Ody against the hatred during the 'Alpha'. Even after it was released I had hope they would rectify it quickly, they didn't... eventually I sort of stopped playing. I keep coming back for the updates, checking it out, finding out that nothing much has changed except Thargoids (Not all of us want Thargoid combat...) and then I go back to not playing again... for those too stupid to figure this out, I love this game, I don't hate it, I WANT it to be good, it just isn't, ever since Odyssey, nearly 3 years ago now! People in this game, helped fund its creation, which means they ultimately helped create FDev as the company it is today and the company now says it's going to focus on builder games and slim down its staff, with a brief throwaway couple of words about Elite (its true foundation/origins)... then you say we're supposed to 'cut them some slack'... really? For the record, I also own planet coaster, which I love, so I don't hate FDev either, I just want it to behave honourably and it doesn't.

/EndRant

Yeah, because of reports here that it wasn't. Not thanks to your attempt to make fun of them and your misguided patience.
Or because that's how long a multiple server reboot of something this size can take? 🤷‍♂️

I'd give one that ran the PCs in a single office 10-15 minutes if I wanted to be sure.

What is helpful is waiting to see when people do get to log in and if it is taking upwards of an hour - 90 minutes, then you definitely have a problem. Or, if people are able to log in and you can't. This is useful feedback. Less than 45 minutes with the number of processes that are likely to be going on is still going to be 'wait and see' time.

Fast update on my "home" computer and my laptop, rebooted both (yes, you should do that after an update, even though you don't have to).
No obvious problem for the moment on either computer after a few missions, apart from the aforementioned flapping wings or propeller shadow at times. I hadn't realised till now that my ship was in fact a Sopwith Camel in disguise! ;)

Thanks Fdevs and all (y)

Last edited:

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Folks, whilst I appreciate your antagonism towards one other does provide ample nutrients to the cosmic horror that keeps hiding just out of my field of vision, if you could keep your comments towards the update so it's easier to track if anything is on fire, that would be really appreciated. Gotta go now, the thing just moved closer and that's always a concern.

Folks, whilst I appreciate your antagonism towards one other does provide ample nutrients to the cosmic horror that keeps hiding just out of my field of vision, if you could keep your comments towards the update so it's easier to track if anything is on fire, that would be really appreciated. Gotta go now, the thing just moved closer and that's always a concern.
Hi Paul,
i think i understood what kind of humor you have, but sometimes its difficult to follow for non native english speakers what you are trying to say. a short translation in easy english for us simple minded forum readers could be helpful, especially when its targets the game. :)

Last edited:

OK, here's my feedback. All three of my pilots updated quickly and efficiently.
Only one problem. One of the biggest bugs I see pilots complaining about is https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/62015.

System Authority and Power Play agents unprovoked agro.​

8 pages of reports. Count em... 80 reports (per the tracker). That's just the pilots that bothered to report it. I would say that means over 10K pilots have had this issue, many dying because Security Forces are firing on ships when scanning them.
This is keeping pilots from completing massacre missions.

What's it gonna take for you to pay attention and fix this?

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Only one problem. One of the biggest bugs I see pilots complaining about is https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/62015.

8 pages of reports. Count em... 80 reports (per the tracker). That's just the pilots that bothered to report it. I would say that means over 10K pilots have had this issue, many dying because Security Forces are firing on ships when scanning them.

Hello! Sorry if you missed it but on page 2 of this thread I have highlighted we are very much aware of this issue and are working to find a solution. Sadly it was not possible for this update but rest assured the team are well aware of it.

By now it's tradition to have a targeting bug over the xmas vacations! :)

Personally I haven't really been bothered about it, even though sometimes I have to leave what I'm doing and I do have to pay attention before I return fire. But I've also not done any massacre missions which of course might suffer more from the bug.

Upgrade went fine, and I was in game about an hour after server restart. So far I haven't noticed any new issues and I'm happy for the mission board bug being fixed.

many dying because Security Forces are firing on ships when scanning them
That's just the ripples from the Grey Swan event.
ɘ̷̜͂Ɉ̵̥͝ʜ̶̤͒ ̵̺̆ϱ̵͍̋ɒ̴͍́i̴͉̋n̸͚̋l̷̟̀ƨ̸̡̉ ̵̙͛ƨ̴̝́ï̷͔ ̴̺̏i̶͓̊ϱ̷̧̔Ɉ̷͍̇Ɉ̶̙͂ɘ̴̅͜n̸͓͗ϱ̵̻͝ ̸̞͆ƨ̸̧̏υ̷͙̐ ̷͖̃l̷͕͒l̶͈͠ɒ̸͇͂

Top Bottom