Update 18 tease by Senior Designer Tom Kewell "one of the coolest things we have ever done"

Source: https://twitter.com/TKewellDesign/status/1748302569527443632

Today is my last day at Frontier. It's been a long but thrilling rollercoaster ride, and I'm so so proud of the things that my colleagues and I have created, crafting epic space adventures!
I'm sad to be going, but take great comfort from knowing that my last efforts on @EliteDangerous are helping to create one of the coolest things we have ever done in the game. You will have to wait until update 18 is released to see what it is though.

Thanks for everything you've done over the years, Tom o7

My guess is destroying Titans.

All the best, Tom!
For a second I linked what Tom said with the recent Ram Tah Galnet and yeah, came up with the same conclusion. Perhaps we are going to get a modified Titan Seismic Charge Launcher after all and be able to split the damn things in half?

And then I remembered the discussion we had on Lave Radio about how the only problem with that is that only 8 players would get the pleasure of using the module before there were no more Titans left.

Anyway ... can't wait to see what update 18 brings (and very sad to see Tom leaving).

As a side note... what ship is this figured in Tom's screenshot?

1705669554824.png

The only 3-engine ship i can recall now is the DBS/DBX but the silhouette is quite different tho

View attachment 381391

The only 3-engine ship i can recall now is the DBS/DBX but the silhouette is quite different tho
It does look like DBX/S from behind/up. The glowing spot in the middle is the heat radiator. I can clearly make out 3 of them.

The whole picture looks like a bunch of ships charging through Maelstrom cloud. Cobras, Anaconda, Krait Phantoms, Krait MKII-s are ones I'm also certain about.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

View attachment 381391

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's been thinking this. Could be a Diamonback but it doesn't look quite right.

The thruster configuration has been bothering me for a while. I'm going to go early and say Moray 😄

It does look like DBX/S from behind/up. The glowing spot in the middle is the heat radiator. I can clearly make out 3 of them.

The whole picture looks like a bunch of ships charging through Maelstrom cloud. Cobras, Anaconda, Krait Phantoms, Krait MKII-s are ones I'm also certain about.

yeap, you're right

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

yeap, you're right
Actually someone just found this :)
110EE006AB29A3FD4C2EFACD6A4D8F97AFAC5270

Top Bottom