Update 18 | Update Notes

Only 9 hours to go.... on the main account. Then it's Epic.
I've created a junction of the win64 folders of my 2 Steam and FDev installations which points to the Epic win64 folder. So I usually only update Epic and the other two don't have to download almost anything.

I had a 2 year break from ED, back at the news of new ships and potential base creation - good to see the update process is still as robust as ever ;)

serious question.. i have 4k hours in this game but never did any guardian or thargoid stuff.. just worked towards getting my carrier, all my pve ships and bubble engineering (not even done colonia yet). I feel really behind on what now seems to be the whole point of the game, i guess i didnt anticipate elite becoming an on-rails story. Is it even worth trying to get into the AX stuff now with no guardian gear or experience with AX combat? feels too late tbh.

Ah so is the update a 30GB or a 30Gb download? :D
it's 30GB
Before download ============================> After download
1708967016766.png

Attachments

• 1708966923961.png
    1708966923961.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 68
First impressions can be deceiving, I don’t want to be mistaken, but there is a feeling that the lighting has been improved both at the stations and in space. At least the star, in the system of which my FC is located at a considerable distance, has turned from a luminous point into a bright object with its own light corona.

Whatever your opinions on today's update, I think we should all just be grateful that Frontier have not abandoned Elite...
I am also satisfied with the discussion Frontier has had this year on this game, e.g. new ships, renewed powerplay. I didn't expect them to come in this update, but for my continued motivation and investment in the game, it was necessary for me to know that these things are underway.

Right now I'm at Semotus Beacon and as I'm about to commence a new planetary circumnavigation nearby, I wouldn't even have time to wonder about any new ships until I get back to the Bubble from here, and that's going to take a while.

Anyway, for the record: Good job, Frontier. Please continue on this path. (y)

Top Bottom