Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
thats true, but a sandbox doesn't require a player driven economy. as I said before, thats just a bonus.

also, i reiterate, DO YOU EVEN TRADE M8? Theres a reason for the different economies at the different starports, look into it, it's a whole nother layer YOU are pushing aside because of what you think should be the best way to make money, which is in fact false, because there is no best way to make money, just many different ways to make good money. (kinda like real life! holy shiz!!)

Join Date 18/06/2018

You've been playing for what 3 weeks. I've been playing since early kickstarter so about 4 years ago. I've quite done about everything in this game.

Last edited:
Yes, it does it has to be player driven. It's quite literally the definition of a sandbox - i.e player driven.

no no it doesn't. it is not the definition of sandbox at all. Sandbox is a gameplay thing, regardless of an economy, its why many sandbox games also advertise having a player driven economy as well. Should look into that.

You earn credits by doing missions, there's no player third party giving you credits, there's no concept of supply and demands for the items you buy or sell from/to NPC's. Do you not understand how a player economy is supposed to work?

1) It's generated from thin air and appears in your account when you complete missions. there is no corresponding account that is debited.
2) It never runs out, you just create more credits every time you complete a mission/sell anything/turn in bounties/etc
3) it never runs out, more credits are created infinitely and inflation never comes into play because supply and demand are non extant concepts.

Elite doesn't have a player driven economy, period.

You do know that you can make.money from nothing in EVE as well. You can trade and mine and sell it to NPC corporations. EVE has the same issues of infinite credits too. There are just more ways to loose credits in EVE.

no no it doesn't. it is not the definition of sandbox at all. Sandbox is a gameplay thing, regardless of an economy, its why many sandbox games also advertise having a player driven economy as well. Should look into that.

Do you know any multiplayer sandbox without a player driven economy because I don't.

Join Date 18/06/2018

You've been playing for what 3 weeks. I've been playing since early kickstarter which was almost 4 years ago. I've quite done about everything in this game.

yet you whine like you haven't m8, regardless of how long I have, which my forum account does not attest for, so assume whatever you wish, your elitism is definitely showing though. Put the pipe down kid

Do you know any multiplayer sandbox without a player driven economy because I don't.

is the game purely multiplayer? Would a player driven economy have an effect on those who like their SP or Privates? But hey lets not think about that. I refer back to the elitism statement

also the supplies and demands at the stations are affected by others soooo thats semi player driven /tipshat

Last edited:
You do know that you can make.money from nothing in EVE as well. You can trade and mine and sell it to NPC corporations. EVE has the same issues of infinite credits too. There are just more ways to loose credits in EVE.

Where does the money go to Max?

That's right the money you earn from mining goes into the pocket of another player if you buy something or sell something.

That's right the money you earn from mining is debited into the pockets of another player if you buy something or sell something. Money isn't created out of thin air in EVE online since you can also buy PLEX and convert it into ISK.

No, that is not the definition of a sandbox. In have given you the definition of a sandbox game. Ignore it if you want to. Still doesn't make you right.

We are talking about multiplayer games here not singleplayer games, let's stick to one definition. There's a lot of sandbox games that are not multiplayer games I understand but each of those games also fit in different categories of genre.

Elite Dangerous.

We already established that Elite Dangerous is not a multiplayer sandbox.

Last edited:

That's right the money you earn from mining goes into the pocket of another player if you buy something or sell something.

Only if you sell it to them direct. You can sell it to an NPC faction. The money you get from the NPC faction is just as magical as the money in ED. It appears out of nowhere.

We are talking about multiplayer games here not singleplayer games, let's stick to one definition. There's a lot of sandbox games that are not multiplayer games I understand but each of those games also fit in different categories of genre.

I know that. Doesn't matter whether they are multiplayer or single player.

Last edited:

That's right the money you earn from mining is debited into the pockets of another player if you buy something or sell something. Money isn't created out of thin air in EVE online since you can also buy PLEX and convert it into ISK.

We already established that Elite Dangerous is not a multiplayer sandbox.

oh so eve can be pay to win, i see the difference now, you can't pay to win here so you're crying.

Only if you sell it to them direct. You can sell it to an NPC faction. The money you get from the NPC faction is just as magical as the money in ED. It appears out of nowhere.

I know that. Doesn't matter whether they are multiplayer or single player.

Right but it still has a player-driven economy, so that's quite irrelevant and beside the point. ISK has a net value because it has an outside value that can be converted into PLEX and then sold to players for real money. You really don't understand the concept of supply, demands and inflation do you? Where do you think money comes from in real life LOL?

Last edited:
Right but it still has a player-driven economy, so that's quite irrelevant and beside the point. ISK has a net value because it has an outside value that can be converted into PLEX and then sold to players for real money. You really don't understand the concept of supply, demands and inflation do you?

Yes I do. I am just not that interested in playing it in ED.

Yes I do. I am just not that interested in playing it in ED.

Well you just demonstrated that you don't understand the concept.

Yes it is. So there.

No, Elite Dangerous is not a sandbox. It's a theme-park open world game with no virtual player driven economy, credits have zero value outside of the game, there's no player driven market and no concept of supply and demands.

Can you convert credits into real life currency, no you can't unless you physically trade your copy of elite dangerous with your account. There's no way to facilitate trading and frontier made sure of that to avoid botting and RMT (real money transfer).

Last edited:
m8, i have a python, yet i'd rather fly my dbx, just sayin. It isn't progression in the least, because everything you can do in a bigger ship, you can do in a smaller one as well, progression (in mmo terms) locks something until you reach a certain point (generally achiving some trivial bullish that makes you feel accomplished) and then it's unlocked, unlike here, where everythings unlocked from go

ps. holy crap im on your side now max! [haha] i kid, thought it'd give u a chuckle tho

I have three commanders, just started on my third a few weeks ago. The first two are elite - first combat, second trade. First 2 g5 modded all ships, all ranks unlocked. This third one I'm playing evil because I'm bored with what the game has to offer otherwise. The actual tasks you engage in are scan, scoop, and pew period. The only thing left to do is ships - ship acquisition, ship modification, ship specialization for unique tasks. Enjoy that python - it's a great ship - but it won't be the end of the road for you, I'm sure of it.

Oh and I further agree with Sole on Diablo III vanilla economy. I miss that.

Last edited:
Yes it is. So there.

vouch

I have three commanders, just started on my third a few weeks ago. The first two are elite - first combat, second trade. First 2 g5 modded all ships, all ranks unlocked. This third one I'm playing evil because I'm bored with what the game has to offer otherwise. The actual tasks you engage in are scan, scoop, and pew period. The only thing left to do is ships - ship acquisition, ship modification, ship specialization for unique tasks. Enjoy that python - it's a great ship - but it won't be the end of the road for you, I'm sure of it.

as I said, i dont like it, it's big, bulky, handles like a 8 ton turd on wheels. seems the bigger ships all have that issue, and i'd sooner fly the sidewinder again

(i do more in my vulture and DBX, than most ive seen in the bigger ships, especially my vulture, THINGS A BEAST, handles like a champ, has the shields and armor of my python if not more, sure it doesn't have the cargo room, but i don't use it for strictly cargo either

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom