Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well you just demonstrated that you don't understand the concept.

No, Elite Dangerous is not a sandbox. It's a theme-park open world game with no virtual player driven economy, credits have zero value outside of the game, there's no player driven market and no concept of supply and demands.

You don't need that for it to be a sandbox. It's just a word used to describe an open game where you can do whatever you want within the rules of it. There's no player driven market in Conan Exiles, but it's still a sandbox. You're given things to play with in whatever way you want and you do, that's it.

I have three commanders, just started on my third a few weeks ago. The first two are elite - first combat, second trade. First 2 g5 modded all ships, all ranks unlocked. This third one I'm playing evil because I'm bored with what the game has to offer otherwise. The actual tasks you engage in are scan, scoop, and pew period. The only thing left to do is ships - ship acquisition, ship modification, ship specialization for unique tasks. Enjoy that python - it's a great ship - but it won't be the end of the road for you, I'm sure of it.

Oh and I further agree with Sole on Diablo III vanilla economy. I miss that.

Right credits serve no purpose but to unlock your ship, we could transform credits into flour or biowaste and it wouldn't make them any more valuable.

Well you just demonstrated that you completely understand the concept, meanwhile I don't

Elite Dangerous is a sandbox. Just not one I can agree with because I can't pay to win like I do in eve so i'm going to cry about it until frontier hears me crying and does nothing about it

Fixed it for you mate

You don't need that for it to be a sandbox. It's just a word used to describe an open game where you can do whatever you want within the rules of it. There's no player driven market in Conan Exiles, but it's still a sandbox. You're given things to play with in whatever way you want and you do, that's it.

Conan Exile is a survival theme park massively open-world multiplayer game like rust, ark or 7 days to die.

None of these games have a player driven economy or a currency outside of the game with real life value.

Even the devs don't agree with you and they don't list the game as a sandbox. You two nuggets can argue all night if you want it won't change that fact. CCP literally cornered the true sandbox genre back in the early 90's as we know today, so you can go ask them what they think of Elite because a few fanfest ago they didn't agree with your definition.

IYX9oJi.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, all sandboxes to play with toys you are given in the way you choose. Player driven economy does not define a sandbox.

dont bother arguing with the bloke, if he can't pay to win he's unhappy apparently

Right credits serve no purpose but to unlock your ship, we could transform credits into flour or biowaste and it wouldn't make them any more valuable.

weird, i transform credits into biowaste and they in turn, transform into even greater amounts of credits. why? supply and demand methinks

its a pity you chose to choose eve to argue with as its definitely a pay to win scheme, sure it can pay back as well, by then you've already sunken in 1500 dollars at least. so do please, try again

Last edited:
Yep, all sandboxes to play with toys you are given in the way you choose. Player driven economy does not define a sandbox.

Name me 1 multiplayer true sandbox in the same genre as Elite Dangerous without a player driven economy. There's virtually none on the market right now.

Last edited:
Conan Exile is a survival theme park massively open-world multiplayer game like rust, ark or 7 days to die.

None of these games have a player driven economy or a currency outside of the game with real life value.

Even the devs don't agree with you and they don't list the game as a sandbox. You two nuggets can argue all night if you want it won't change that fact. CCP literally cornered the word back in the early 90's as the true multiplayer sandbox genre as we know today, so you can go ask them what they think of Elite because a few fanfest ago they didn't agree with your definition.

You keep making the highlighted statement and making it sound like a bad thing.

Name me 1 multiplayer sandbox in the same genre as Elite Dangerous without a player driven economy. There's virtually none on the market right now.

star citizen used to not have one, it was still a sandbox m8, just whiners like you happened. and who knows what the future holds for ed

Last edited:
elite dangerous, and conan exiles

We already established Conan Exile is not a sandbox, even the devs have said so :

You can also ask Joel Bylos the creative director of Conan Exile, he would disagree with you. He specifically said on live stream during early access multiple times that Conan Exile is not a sandbox.

IYX9oJi.jpg

Last edited:

Even the devs don't agree with you and they don't list the game as a sandbox. You two nuggets can argue all night if you want it won't change that fact. CCP literally cornered the true sandbox genre back in the early 90's as we know today, so you can go ask them what they think of Elite because a few fanfest ago they didn't agree with your definition.

Okay

XrMi1DV.jpg

I wonder if maybe it's because Steam doesn't have Sandbox listed as a genre, perhaps Sandbox is a tag that is inserted by the community and not the developer. Idk, I've only been using Steam for 14 years... I could be wrong.

I also wonder about games that have sandbox in their name, I suppose they aren't sandboxes either. It's almost like it's just semantics in the first place and you can probably call it whatever you want.

Last edited:
Okay

I wonder if maybe it's because Steam doesn't have Sandbox listed as a genre, perhaps Sandbox is a tag that is inserted by the community and not the developer. Idk, I've only been using Steam for 14 years... I could be wrong.

I also wonder about games that have sandbox in their name, I suppose they aren't sandboxes either. It's almost like it's just semantics in the first place and you can probably call it whatever you want.

Okay scroll up a bit and buy glasses while you are it:

A6ujZV6.jpg

also do you see sandbox in there because I don't it says open-world, multiplayer and survival like I just said in my previous post.

T9MO5nw.jpg

You guys are quite the special type of kinder surprise, lol.

Last edited:
Okay scroll up a bit and buy glasses while you are it:

You're so predictable. It's funny though that Elite also has that user-defined tag. It really doesn't matter if a developer chooses to use the latest popular buzzwords in their descriptions or not, the word sandbox fits the game whether you want it to or not and again, player driven economy is not the definition of sandbox.

You can google it if you like and see what is more commonly thought of as sandbox gameplay.

Last edited:
pcgamer isn't wrong m8, you are

Right but PC gamer isn't the developer m8.

You're so predictable. It's funny though that Elite also has that user-defined tag. It really doesn't matter if a developer chooses to use the latest popular buzzwords in their descriptions or not, the word sandbox fits the game whether you want it to or not and again, player driven economy is not the definition of sandbox.

Right! I had a screenshot ready because I knew you we're going to pull a fast one, funny how I was ready to destroy your terrible argument, sick game isn't it!

Exactly! because Elite is not a sandbox, it's a theme park open world game:

4WNtLp.jpg

Last edited:

Right! I had a screenshot ready because I knew you we're going to pull a fast one, funny how I was ready to destroy your terrible argument, sick game isn't it!

they figured people had the sense to know better, guess in your case, thats a nope

Destroy what? Sandbox is also a user-defined tag for Elite Dangerous and if you read the 'about this game' section, it does a very good job of describing an open world sandbox game. It's cute that you think an argument of semantics is a worthy battle to 'destroy' in though.

Destroy what? Sandbox is also a user-defined tag for Elite Dangerous and if you read the 'about this game' section, it does a very good job of describing an open world sandbox game. It's cute that you think an argument of semantics is a worthy battle to 'destroy' in though.

No it doesn't actually, you are quite wrong:

It does says it's an open world theme park game though.

It's cute to see you can't read.

BgA3dU.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom