Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.04

I don't want to seem ungrateful but honestly, given the vast numbers of bugs, both serious and minor, this list of fixes seems really small and largely irrelevant to most people's quality of life in the game. Disappointed.

It's like french cuisine. :rolleyes:

WqzNPSP.jpg

Can we get interstellar factor in Colonia council operated stations in deep space so we can repair ships and sell our data without traveling to Colonia.

Hello FD,

perhaps you could consider NOT releasing any fixes, as there are so many people upset about what you have managed to fix!

Thanks for the fixes!

While obviously nobody is condemning Fdev for putting out the fixes detailed in the OP, how could it not trigger complaints and discussion about the fact the game has been fundamentally broken since the release of 3.4, which is what, 2 - 3 months ago now? I respect that you may be fighting for a forum of peace and harmony, love and goodwill to all Wills... kudos on rising above this disgusting baying mob, right? V. big of you.

However, the reality is most player groups are hemorrhaging new/returning players, the BGS in particular is more borked than perhaps it's ever been (and dear brabo it has been boooorked before), with zero word or feedback from Frontier on the subject. Not to mention the multitude of game-breaking bugs that prevent players from interacting with AX and regular combat zones, routing of capships, locating HGEs, I mean... I could go on, there's a whole section of the forum brimming with this stuff.

Games development surely isn't an easy task, and of course we're all here presumably because we enjoy Davey Brabey's Elite: Brabenous. But if you expect people on the internet to just bumble around unequivocally patting everyone on the back for months on end while the game literally doesn't function, you're going to be disappointed, my friend.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the update.

Any news on when the Codex and Exploration bugs might be made a priority? Given that they affect the entire player base to some extent and in an update that was Exploration heavy, I'm slightly surprised that we're 4 patches in and there's still tons of bugs left unfixed.

Can we just double check that this means only for the 'Classic Context' control scheme and not removed the shortcut entirely?

- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel)

Last edited:
Ed - 21st Jan - "Thank you all of your continued patience and feedback whilst we continue to tune the balancing of the faction simulation"
Will - 24th Jan - "thank you for the [faction simulation] feedback! We've sent it to the team for investigation."

Three and a half weeks later; no news, let alone any fixes. I understand that fixes might be hard and time consuming, but COMMUNICATING with the player base is not.

Agree.

Last edited:
While obviously nobody is condemning Fdev for putting out the fixes detailed in the OP, how could it not trigger complaints and discussion about the fact the game has been fundamentally broken since the release of 3.4, which is what, 2 - 3 months ago now? I respect that you may be fighting for a forum of peace and harmony, love and goodwill to all Wills... kudos on rising above this disgusting baying mob, right? V. big of you.

However, the reality is most player groups are hemorrhaging new/returning players, the BGS in particular is more borked than perhaps it's ever been (and dear brabo it has been boooorked before), with zero word or feedback from Frontier on the subject. Not to mention the multitude of game-breaking bugs that prevent players from interacting with AX and regular combat zones, routing of capships, locating HGEs, I mean... I could go on, there's a whole section of the forum brimming with this stuff.

Games development surely isn't an easy task, and of course we're all here presumably because we enjoy Davey Brabey's Elite: Brabenous. But if you expect people on the internet to just bumble around unequivocally patting everyone on the back for months on end while the game literally doesn't function, you're going to be disappointed, my friend.

This. This entirely. My entire fleet is in dry dock just waiting, essentially. We're all so burned out on our wasted efforts that I fear a lot won't return even after the BGS is fixed. Obviously, as the leader of a community, this is concerning. Concerning and entirely out of my hands. So forgive me for not praising these fixes, I'm too busy duct taping a fleet together as best I can.

Does that mean no fix for disappearing Codex discoveries on relog? I've gained entries for Anemones in 3 regions far from the bubble but they keep vanishing...

Keyboard not working ?

Cz and Installations flying away ?

- Removed galaxy map and system map shortcuts (can still be accessed from left hand panel) -------------- why ------------ thank you for producing a timesink ? Why not get rid of mapping for hyperjump?

Its very generous we still can get into system and galaxy map, i like it being more complicated now- mr ironie over

looking at steam charts hype is over and its falling faster than anytimes before, m well i gues nothing to do with bugs etc.

thy for trying to fix bugs

Last edited:
I don't want to seem ungrateful but honestly, given the vast numbers of bugs, both serious and minor, this list of fixes seems really small and largely irrelevant to most people's quality of life in the game. Disappointed.

With a finite number of developers you have to prioritise and I guess that is what they have done.

For me there is a single fix in this release which should've been the number 1 priority bug fix above all other issues in the game.

Network
  • Fixed a variety of situations that could cause players to be disconnected whilst playing

Blueprints missing?
Faction balancing?
FSS scanning issues?

All completely irrelevrant if you can't join a server or were constantly getting disconnected.

So personally, if this fixes that problem, I'm a happy bunny as it moves things forward and the game is better with the fix than without. Thanks FDev. [up]

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
F3 and F4 still work for me on PC. Phew ;)

Good stuff, cheers. I thought it was just for that control scheme as it was listed underneath, but I just wanted to check.

Oi! I'm part of the player base, and there is not a single Codex or Explo. bug that I give two hoots about.

Congratulations, I'm glad they don't affect you. I guess you don't do missions that involve finding things on the planet's surface, or use the FSS to scan a system, or try to drop out on USSs/Stellar Phenomena/Megaships/Installations that have a drop out range of more than 1Mm... just a few of the most wide sweeping ones I could think of.

Next time I shall say 99% of the player base if it will make you feel better.

Has the FSS scanning bug been fixed? Where it doesn't give planetary info on first scan for atmospheric and volcanic activity planets.

I tested this and this bug still exists and it's annoying when I have to zoom twice into a (atmospheric/volcanic) body to scan it properly. Hope you guys have something major planned for the next 12 months because the "other space game" is going to blow you out of the water and that's still in alpha.

Top Bottom