Patch Notes Update Update 3.3.05

When will the glitch that has affected firing weapons be fixed?

More easily noticed when you try to fire plasma on a secondary trigger during a boost or something. It seems intermittent and simply ignores the command issued to fire.

(distributor capacitor is not drained and firegrouos are set correctly).

Last edited:
When will the glitch that has affected firing weapons be fixed?

More easily noticed when you try to fire plasma on a secondary trigger during a boost or something. It seems intermittent and simply ignores the command issued to fire.

(distributor capacitor is not drained and firegrouos are set correctly).
Have you inspected your keyboard for crumbs?:)

sollisb

Banned
I am a software engineer and typically when you have a patch release two days in a row, they introduced a bug in the prior patch and quickly fixed it. If they have something more complicated that they are working on that requires more code to be refactored then you can't really compare a simple bug fix to a more complicated development effort. I am sure they are prioritizing their resources accordingly.

Which indicates they neither tested nor quality checked the patch before release.

And yes I'm a software engineer too!

Do you have any idea of the file size of the patch for PS4? I'm on limited bandwidth, so every MB matters. Speaking of, since I often take my console into town to apply patches, I do appreciate the couple days heads-up.

I can only tell for PC and there, the patch is 14.5 MB. For the PS4, add two tons of that...leather, ofc. Quality never goes out of style :D

O7,
[noob]

Well I just tried a Hard Drive recovery (or what ever it is called) and IT WORKED - FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS !!!!
Maybe other missions of similar type will also work again - I do hope it is not a flash in the pan.
P.S. The Black marketeers in Colonia will have a lean time now - I was always colleting 20 or so of them to sell for fuel on the BM,
LOL,
Edit 21th I spoke too soon about the HardDrive recovery - just collected 8 of the things in 2 blue drowdowns so it is back to square one again - arrrghghhhh.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for PC at 13:00 (UTC) today for approximately 5 minutes to apply the 3.3.05 patch.

This patch will address the crash that can occurring from dropping out of Supercruise (either by choice, or after an interdiction).

We’re aiming to roll out the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 fix for this on 21 Thursday. More information about that when we have it.

Thank you for your understanding!

Will this fix the system scan complete spam? and the planetary map graphics bug? It has taken like... what... 2 patches that supposedly fix this?

From another thread, today, from one of the E : D Designers:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that we do recognise that the BGS has a number of issues that we are looking to address. We’re currently in the process of investigating fixes for some of these issues and work is ongoing to return to a state of stability.

More specifically, we are currently looking into:

The balance between the different activities, for example, how much Influence trade activities provide compared to that of missions.
Ways we can decrease the number of active conflicts (Wars, Civil Wars, Elections) and the impact conflicts have on the BGS.
How the BGS trends away from factions being stuck in Civil Liberty and Investment states.
Finally, we are also investigating player reports that their actions are not resulting in the results they are expecting during a conflict. We’d like to thank you for providing numerous reports on this and any additional examples that you have encountered will provide us more data for our ongoing investigations. Please report them with the following details:
The system
The factions involved
The dates of the conflict
The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them
The expected results
The actual results

We understand that ongoing issues with the BGS are not ideal, and the impact these issues have on Commanders and factions, and would like also thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

We currently do not have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed, but will try to keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:
From another thread here, posted today, from one of the E : D designers:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to poke my head in and say that we do recognise that the BGS has a number of issues that we are looking to address. We’re currently in the process of investigating fixes for some of these issues and work is ongoing to return to a state of stability.

More specifically, we are currently looking into:

The balance between the different activities, for example, how much Influence trade activities provide compared to that of missions.
Ways we can decrease the number of active conflicts (Wars, Civil Wars, Elections) and the impact conflicts have on the BGS.
How the BGS trends away from factions being stuck in Civil Liberty and Investment states.
Finally, we are also investigating player reports that their actions are not resulting in the results they are expecting during a conflict. We’d like to thank you for providing numerous reports on this and any additional examples that you have encountered will provide us more data for our ongoing investigations. Please report them with the following details:
The system
The factions involved
The dates of the conflict
The actions performed including the name of Commanders performing them
The expected results
The actual results

We understand that ongoing issues with the BGS are not ideal, and the impact these issues have on Commanders and factions, and would like also thank you for your patience as we investigate these issues.

We currently do not have an ETA on when these issues will be fixed, but will try to keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,
Adam

The scan complete spam issue was fixed a couple days ago (at least for PC)

Not for everybody, or, not all the time. I haven't paid specific attention to it, but I -have- had scan-complete spam within the last couple of days. I -did- notice it missing in one system last night though, so perhaps 3.3.05 has fixed it. I'll pay more attention tonight.

Top Bottom