Update notes

I would also still love to see the desert textures being usable on -all- maps. As of right now it's still impossible to make a western or "Big Thunder Mountain" area without selecting the desert map, which then again comes with it's own restrictions. Please fix this as well and let the players free in being creative.!

Big +1 for this comment. While having different biomes available for a general look and feel of what location the park is in, we still need the freedom to use everything everywhere.

A great example for this is re-creating a Disney "Magic Kingdom"-style park, such as Magic Kingdom (Disney World) in Orlando, FL.

The overall biome (map) for Disney World would be the tropical look of Florida. However, the individual "lands" that are part of Magic Kingdom require different themes/textures:

Desert/Frontier (attractions such as Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, etc.)
Jungle (attractions such as Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, etc.)
Urban/modern (attractions such as Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, etc.)
Suburban/small town (pretty much everything else, such as attractions in Liberty Square, Main Street, Fantasyland)

We should be able to put desert and jungle themes/textures (as well as any others!) into any area we need to so we can really make sub-areas within one park.

Last edited:
Steam just downed the patch for me! I'm going to have extra fun with my Skulands Coaster now :D

Last edited:
Aaaaaand coaster supports still randomly will not go poof inspite of ticking the coaster supports box off, mainly near loops/inversions. I am a sad panda now.... What is the point of emulating the feeling of flying if you are constantly reminded of being connected to the ground? :(

Last edited:
Wow.. 3.4 so quickly.. that's immense!!

You're now going to get bombarded with "when are we" or "Can we have" requests... so I'll add one:

Any news if and / or when we will be getting lift hills that act as block sections? Some of the coasters are not efficient in their current state..

making plazas is hard :/

so does it really make the paths wider or does it only visually delete the little circle? do guests walk straight over what used to be the little circles?

Last edited:
1) Any news if the coaster friction is better now?
Before the friction was way too high and the coaster trains would slow down too fast so we weren't able to recreate real life coasters in realistic proportions.

I'm really waiting for this!

I would really, really love to be able to go back to making some coaster recreations again!! It's completely impossible right now...Please!!!!

making plazas is hard :/

so does it really make the paths wider or does it only visually delete the little circle? do guests walk straight over what used to be the little circles?

from messing with it, i think it just visually removes them, (when you mouse over the area with the path tool, they are visible, but not any other time) and it only works on removing small circles when all paths are aligned exactly to the same grid, and smaller paths connected can mess with this a bit. it seems when connecting paths to some paths you have aligned together....it almost seems to pull the aligned paths off their grid because the new connecting path is on a different grid alignment.....and i think this is one of the biggest problems people are facing with path frustration right now, and im going to take this thought to the suggestions area....cause i think that is the major problem with the paths thats giving everyone a head ache.

still, a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
from messing with it, i think it just visually removes them, (when you mouse over the area with the path tool, they are visible, but not any other time) and it only works on removing small circles when all paths are aligned exactly to the same grid, and smaller paths connected can mess with this a bit. still, a step in the right direction.
ah yes i noticed this too thats why i asked :p

yeah i think you can make it way nicer but its a bit difficult to fiddle with it

making paths definately takes longer than making coasters in the game, i hope it will be smoothed out some more later one

still a great feature!

ah yes i noticed this too thats why i asked :p

yeah i think you can make it way nicer but its a bit difficult to fiddle with it

making paths definately takes longer than making coasters in the game, i hope it will be smoothed out some more later one

still a great feature!

yep its proof yet again they are listening to everything here and taking what we say into consideration, this dev team is literally a perfect example of how you make a game, and every other studio should take notes. ive beena part of a few betas and alphas from bigger studios and honestly felt like they never even looked at the feedback given and completely ignored everything anyone was saying.

Last edited:
thanks for the step in the right direction. but as mentioned before, don't stop here, and remove restrictions for friction wheels, brakes,... on all coasters.
Thanks Frontier, thanks for listening to your community, keep it up.

Messing about with the path tool and it seems improved for me, making a plaza using the 'align to grid' setting was super easy

Top Bottom